UCLA vs Texas at Jerryworld

Baron

I honestly don't see any way Texas defeats UCLA even if the Texas D shuts down Hundley. The offense is that bad. I hope Watson opens up the offense, Texas has nothing to lose. That is the only way Texas can keep this game respectable. If they try to run a power game and dink and dunk down the field with Swoopes, it will be another lopsided loss.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the "O" coach open up the offense for Swoops? Might as well, since there's nothing to lose at this point. Swoops just might surprise the Horns and their fans. I was expecting Jonathan Gray to explode by this point. Maybe today. I'm still taking UCLA in a semi-close one. Oh .... I wish the Cowboys would do SOMETHING to get back to the name Cowboy stadium instead of Jerry's World.

Will the "O" coach open up the offense for Swoops? Might as well, since there's nothing to lose at this point. Swoops just might surprise the Horns and their fans. I was expecting Jonathan Gray to explode by this point. Maybe today. I'm still taking UCLA in a semi-close one. Oh .... I wish the Cowboys would do SOMETHING to get back to the name Cowboy stadium instead of Jerry's World.

If Watson doesn't open up the offense and we see another pedestrian game plan, the Texas faithful are gonna start grumbling. One yard and a cloud of dust ain't gettin it done.

If Watson doesn't open up the offense and we see another pedestrian game plan, the Texas faithful are gonna start grumbling. One yard and a cloud of dust ain't gettin it done.

I agree man. Turn it loose or just don't even bother. The defense will be fine as long as the offense can establish something.

Hard for the run game to explode with the OL issues. Vs NT there were small creases and NT didn't have speed to shut the crease down. BYU did, and UCLA also has the speed. The OL will take time to jell and by that I mean several games.

That is exactly why Texas shouldn't rely on a conservative run game. For this team to make strides Swoopes needs to become the focal point of the offense. If he can get the 8th man out of the box it will help the young o-line.

This does not surprise me. BYU is damn good. Strong did not panic after loss and just coach up the ones that can play and moved on. Media I know it is the media's job to sensationalize everything but why pile on when they were missing so many players and they are re-building anyway. I hope Strong sticks to his plans Red McCombs keeps his mouth shut for just 3 years and good days are coming.

Charlie Strong and his coaching staff need to look themselves in the mirror on this one because the UCLA staff made the adjustments at halftime and we did not have the answer. I also don't understand why Texas decided to give the UCLA QB the freedom to set up in the pocket in the 2nd half. UCLA couldn't have given the QB too many adjustments during the half, yet we chose to set up in regular base fronts the majority of the time and we paid for it.

I didn't know how this game was going to end up, but it is frustrating to lose a game that was very winnable. And as far as Edmonds playing better - yeah sometimes he looks great and others he looks horrible. He's too inconsistent to start for a team like Texas, but that's all we have right now. Thanks Obama!

It was a disappointing loss no doubt. But I'm a little amazed by some of the negative comments...

First of all, what did you really expect?! I mean, Mack Brown, as much as I loved him for years, stayed 2 years too long digging a hole for the program in the process. This was only Charlie's Strongs 3rd game as coach, a week after getting completely dismantled by BYU with a team that wasn't motivated at all. So what did you expect, him to bounce back after all that and show up with a NC caliber team in week 3?! Give me a break!

Are there still things that need to be improved, yes. But that was a hell of a fight tonight. The defense fought harder than I've seen in a looong time! Tyronne Swoopes grew up before our eyes tonight. This game may have been a disappointing loss, but come on, stop being so dang negative and look at the positives. There were plenty of those tonight too.

Charlie Strong and his coaching staff need to look themselves in the mirror on this one because the UCLA staff made the adjustments at halftime and we did not have the answer. I also don't understand why Texas decided to give the UCLA QB the freedom to set up in the pocket in the 2nd half. UCLA couldn't have given the QB too many adjustments during the half, yet we chose to set up in regular base fronts the majority of the time and we paid for it.

I didn't know how this game was going to end up, but it is frustrating to lose a game that was very winnable. And as far as Edmonds playing better - yeah sometimes he looks great and others he looks horrible. He's too inconsistent to start for a team like Texas, but that's all we have right now. Thanks Obama!

UCLA made two significant adjustments at half time. They took away the rollout for Swoopes and gave Opie a short field to work with. I'm disappointed the Texas coaches didn't make any changes at halftime. That's two weeks in a row.