Union Grove eyeing a District Champioship Run

Tiger1995

Union Grove has proved itself this preseason with some very good games. Looks like the Lions may not just be eyeing another playoff appearance this year but looking at being the top dog in the District. Good luck Lion from Arp. We are pulling for you guys to have a great season.

Union Grove has proved itself this preseason with some very good games. Looks like the Lions may not just be eyeing another playoff appearance this year but looking at being the top dog in the District. Good luck Lion from Arp. We are pulling for you guys to have a great season.

I agree with you tiger. I think they have proved to be the team to beat in district 9.

Last time UG was in this position was 1998 They won the District Championship went 8-2 but did not make the playoffs due to a 3 way tie for first. This is when only the top 2 teams went to the playoffs. Nice to see UG finally get some luck go there way. Good luck and make Union Grove proud 2014 might be the year.

They have 14 returning seniors. Good leadership. Good defense. Solid O-line. Good offense. Just depends if they can play for 4 whole quarters. I would want to watch the Hawkins and ore city games. I still think they are the favorite.

i believe UG beat Hawkins pretty bad last year didn't they. Maybe I'm thinking if someone else. I know UGs qb is a legit athlete. He will play college ball somewhere. Maybe not as a qb but he's one heck of an athlete.

i believe UG beat Hawkins pretty bad last year didn't they. Maybe I'm thinking if someone else. I know UGs qb is a legit athlete. He will play college ball somewhere. Maybe not as a qb but he's one heck of an athlete.

That is true. UG won last year but the Coach Moore rivalry always makes it a tough game.

District going to be super close this year I think. any team could pull it out, but do agree UG is favorite. But they can not have an off night as anyone in the district can knock them off. Will find out this week if Big Sandy (3-0) is for real or not vs a good Carlisle team who gave UG all they wanted.

District going to be super close this year I think. any team could pull it out, but do agree UG is favorite. But they can not have an off night as anyone in the district can knock them off. Will find out this week if Big Sandy (3-0) is for real or not vs a good Carlisle team who gave UG all they wanted.

Will be interesting for sure.....