Greenville

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Lions are back! Greenville scales Pleasant Mountain easily
    • Greenville squeaks by in a close one
    • Mount Pleasant squeaks by in a close one
    • Man, it's just Greenville. Mount Pleasant in a cakewalk

MountPleasantvsGreenville.png

This game kicks off District 15-5A play this year. Greenville has ended a few losing streaks in nondistrict play (first overall win, first road win, first home win, first nondistrict win, all since 2009) but beginning this week, the games now count towards making the playoffs and the degree of difficulty rises exponentially. Greenville has not defeated the Tigers in the last decade, losing their last four contests, the most recent occurring in 2011, falling 21-14.

Greenville's main motivation this season has been simply to snap the insanely long losing streak they had coming into this season, and to begin to turn around a losing culture in the Hunt County seat. They have accomplished the first already, and have begun the process on the second. They're basically playing with house money in district play this year.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the 2014 Mount Pleasant Tigers, I'll let someone from there fill us in.

Mount Pleasant: 0-3 (0-0 district), 7th (tie) in District 15-5A

Greenville: 2-1 (0-0 district), 1st (tie) in District 15-5A

District is here now it all counts! MP had a rough start to the season but got their offense together against Jacksonville. MP is very young and inexperienced at most positions this year. I look forward to seeing how much improvement was made during the bye week. This could be a good matchup and start district off right for the winner.

Battle for the bottom of 15-5A.

MP put something like 48 on Jacksonville a couple weeks ago. Everybody has scored at least 40 or more on MP.

This game will be close and may down to extra points and 2 point conversions.

MP wins in a fairly close 28-22.

If the last couple of decades are any indication, you can pretty much expect the following to occur:

1) There will be plenty of points scored. One team or the other nearly always hits 30. Pretty often, they both do.

2) There will always, ALWAYS, be at least one fight. These two teams used to hate each other.

This day's gone on long enough! Let's play ball! :)

Greenville won a close game with a score of 24-23. Game had no shortage of penalties against MP. Greenville also had a player ejected for throwing a punch. Apparently the hatred is still there. Greenville I will say this is a good team but didn't dsserve to win this one. MP had it won and the refs won it for them.