Why neutral site Saturday football games in regular season?

mcfarlinclan

If you are playing someone who is a long distance drive, it makes sense to meet them halfway. I can also see the benefits of having your kids get the feel for that big game atmosphere of playing somewhere like Lobo on a Saturday night, when no one else is playing. For instance, Union Grove doesn't have to worry about their kids being in awe of say, Palestine's stadium in a second round game, because they've already played at Lobo. It can be a big deal.

I was just curious as to why there are now area high school football games being played on Saturdays at Longview or Pine Tree stadiums. For example, Jefferson and Hughes Springs at Lobo Stadium last Saturday and White Oak and Harmony at Pine Tree Stadium on Oct. 25.

$$$$$$

I think most coaches perfer Away games, at least the ones I know always say they do. Less distraction for the kids, it would also give you a playoff feel. Oh yeah and the money, if schools were losing money by doing this, they would not be doing this.

Schools get to keep gate and concession at the KYKX "Biggest game we could get that week" event?