D'field 72' vs. D'field 14'

EarnedMyStripes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 72 team followed in the heals of a regular season undefeated 71 team; the first team in school history to go 10-0. Got beat in the first round by Jacksonville.

The 64 team went 1-9 and I believe they won the first game and lost the last 9 in a row. That was coach Lane's first year. He went on to win the schools first state championship 4 years later.

The 72 team followed in the heals of a regular season undefeated 71 team; the first team in school history to go 10-0. Got beat in the first round by Jacksonville.

The 64 team went 1-9 and I believe they won the first game and lost the last 9 in a row. That was coach Lane's first year. He went on to win the schools first state championship 4 years later.

he doesn't have 4 more years. More like 4 more games.

Bill Lane had a great thing happen to him...................................The kids from Rhodes High. They were as good if not better than any group since. Bill had great assistants, Richard, Tony, Buddy, Homer, etc.

Guess u got our old behind in the house this morning

lmao ...yep. Got rained out from bow huntn and no power at the house. Sipping on a Bloody Mary waiting on the Generac rep to show up.

You fleecing us taxpayers with a federal holiday off today....lol

Daingerfield played much better Friday night and had man y opportunities to win the game. This Winnsboro team is the best that I have seen from top to bottom and they do not make many mistakes, they fight, and they find a way to win. Well coached and have a very smart bunch of kids, especially in the offense and defense they run. I believe that Daingerfield will once again put it together, but the things that concern me is that they may have started too late this year to get to the point where they are good(may be next year), and they still have a quarterback that panics and that is not very accurate and receivers that do not run very good routes. We will see if they continue to progress.

I would recommend that the title of this thread be changed to:

The Great Flood vs D'Field 72 vs D'Field 14

Were you a member of the 0-10 '72 Lion team?

^

Ain't been a better group of athletes since the '68 team.

Wildman and Johnny Hamilton on the staff.

I doubt there has ever been another athlete in ET that transfered from a black school playing on the offensive line his junior year to play fullback in the new intergrated school his senior year. He then turned that into Texas High School All state, 4 year All Missouri Valley Conference at Tulsa, 4th round draftee by Denver and then start in the USFL. Eddie White

I doubt there has ever been another athlete in ET that transfered from a black school playing on the offensive line his junior year to play fullback in the new intergrated school his senior year. He then turned that into Texas High School All state, 4 year All Missouri Valley Conference at Tulsa, 4th round draftee by Denver and then start in the USFL. Eddie White

Great story you have on him breaking into the starting backfield. Coach had nads making that call....lol

Great story you have on him breaking into the starting backfield. Coach had nads making that call....lol

Specially when you sit the Supt.'s son. Bill lane was a great at preparing a team, Richard and Tony were great on game day.

Remember that rainy drive to Nac in 68. Not a rain suit left on the shelves between here and there. The pickets on strike at LSS shivering by their fires as we drove by on our way to the game. 259 and one lane looked like a snake.

Wonder if the boys ever get together for a reunion?