D'field 72' vs. D'field 14'

EarnedMyStripes

Remember that rainy drive to Nac in 68. Not a rain suit left on the shelves between here and there. The pickets on strike at LSS shivering by their fires as we drove by on our way to the game. 259 and one lane looked like a snake.

Wonder if the boys ever get together for a reunion?

Dang we are old. Geez. I bet you went to the stand this morning

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang we are old. Geez. I bet you went to the stand this morning

Just older, not old...lol.

Wind was 30-35. Too many dead trees falling for me. Don't like wearing a hard hat. In the morning.

Besides they can't loose to the Patriots right??? RIGHT???

If they do i am done on here & with high school football this season.

That would be terrible. :huh:

I remember a NB alumni saying that the most discouraging site during a high school football game as a player was to look up in the stand and see people leaving midway through the game. I promised myself that I would go to the games to support the local team and not go only because they are winning.

DA left at the top of his game in DF. The time was just right for a young successful coach to advance his career. Prior to accepting the Henderson job he accepted the Kilgore job only to back out of it. He truly enjoyed living in DF at the time but a lot has changed since.

Serious question would Dfield ever hire back DA. Also why did he leave . I honestly always wonder but never knew. Forgive me if it was on bad terms. ( I honestly do not know)

A lot has changed and most likely he has no desire to come back. Just one of many examples; 7th grade suited 13 kids last nite.

The one thing that has not changed since he left; the facilities. Not what you would expect with the history of success of the program.

A lot has changed and most likely he has no desire to come back. Just one of many examples; 7th grade suited 13 kids last nite.

The one thing that has not changed since he left; the facilities. Not what you would expect with the history of success of the program.

Friend. So sad indeed

Serious question would Dfield ever hire back DA. Also why did he leave . I honestly always wonder but never knew. Forgive me if it was on bad terms. ( I honestly do not know)

Another factor was DA's brother. His brother was Asst Supt at Kilgore and DA almost took the job there, but his brother was hired at Henderson. Next thing ya know DA is HC at Henderson.

DA was second coach named at Henderson that Spring. Tom Kimbrough from Plano originally accepted the job and after 2 days on the job decided to go back to Plano. DA was hired a few days later

13 kids play football what's the deal we are talking 1a numbers and this is title town Daingerfield ?

The school is drying up. The people are just like almost every small town in Eas Texas getting older. Having to move to LV to make a living. I figure Tatum is next. The mines will eventually be used up. I hate it

Buba. #'s is starting to take their toll. Especially playing up in pre-dist. Next year will be hell as well.

Yes, next year ain't gonna be good. JV lost again last nite to go 0-7. I don't know in school history when both the varsity and JV were a collective 0-13.

I ain't had a drink of whiskey in 8 years but might join you for a rum and coke...lol

The school is drying up. The people are just like almost every small town in Eas Texas getting older. Having to move to LV to make a living. I figure Tatum is next. The mines will eventually be used up. I hate it

All eyes on this Obama coal war thing. Biggest district taxpayer is AEP Swepco Power Plant at Lake Welsh. It goes, we go.

Last number I had only less than 50% of district residents have school age children.

Yes, next year ain't gonna be good. JV lost again last nite to go 0-7. I don't know in school history when both the varsity and JV were a collective 0-13.

I ain't had a drink of whiskey in 8 years but might join you for a rum and coke...lol

Let me buy u dinner when we play my friend

Oh that pee wee bunch you guys got coming is special. What a blood line. Another 3 peat is on its way

Let me buy u dinner when we play my friend

Oh that pee wee bunch you guys got coming is special. What a blood line. Another 3 peat is on its way

Might take you up on that as time nears. Yep, those guys I think are gonna be keepers if someone don't recruit 'em. Might be AA terrors at our dwindling rate....lol