NAC @ JACKSONVILLE

nacdragon07

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your correct. Offensive play calling in JVille is not good. We try to hit a home run ever play. Tired of hearing we are young and lack athletes. Last night Lindale ran the same play 30 times and we have yet to stop it. Something is missing kids look just to be going through the motions.

Jacksonville is struggling. The past few seasons have been rough to watch. We have been young now for 3 or 4 years. At some point in time the "young" players have to make some plays. The coaching staff I believe is trying to do what they can, but sometimes I am not sure the kids are buying into the program.

Something is not right.

Talent is down compared to the early 2000's and 90's. Demographics have shifted some. Also instead of being a middle of the pack 4a team, we are now a close to the bottom 5a team.

Once again though, something is not right.

Your correct. Offensive play calling in JVille is not good. We try to hit a home run ever play. Tired of hearing we are young and lack athletes. Last night Lindale ran the same play 30 times and we have yet to stop it. Something is missing kids look just to be going through the motions.

Lindale did run the same play over and over again. They pulled a guard and ran off tackle all 2nd half. And they continued to do it from only 2 formations many times with the same pre snap motion.

Jacksonville is struggling. The past few seasons have been rough to watch. We have been young now for 3 or 4 years. At some point in time the "young" players have to make some plays. The coaching staff I believe is trying to do what they can, but sometimes I am not sure the kids are buying into the program.

Something is not right.

Talent is down compared to the early 2000's and 90's. Demographics have shifted some. Also instead of being a middle of the pack 4a team, we are now a close to the bottom 5a team.

Once again though, something is not right.[/quote

I will say this. Having played on the "0 and 10dians" buy in outweighs talent. I do not know the current coaching staff so this is NOT a comment about them. The head coach for my senior year was questionable about his knowledge of the game but his ability to create "buy in" or lead was awful. Granted it was a tough group to lead but he never came close. Talent wise there was not one opponent even close to putting on the field what we had. 35-40 seniors most of which had two and three years of varsity experience. Nine from that class played college football and two made NFL rosters. Very close group of kids that never bonded with the coach and finally just quit caring about winning all together. After last years season in Jville I would imagine their confidence is fragile at best and once you lose a couple it's hard to keep the intensity or passion to lay it all out there for the team. Add to that being in arguably the best 5A district in the state and it's close to impossible to believe you can win. What Bobby Reyes has done in Nac is incredible. Because unlike Jacksonville you can only point to two or three years over a 30 year span that they had any real success and most years they were awful. Talent wise there isn't a huge difference. Even with two of the best DB's in the nation this year and one of the best o lineman last year those positions don't normally take over a game. It's the mindset that all the other kids have taken that has made the difference. They believe they can win, they are willing to work to win, and they are on the verge of expecting to win. I think that requires a good coach, talent, but most importantly a group of kids that are willing to lay it all out there even when everyone tells them they cannot compete. Jacksonville had it before and I hope they have it again... just not this week :)