Gladewater vs Gilmer "IF" they both make the 4th Round!

BadWolf

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just pulled up uil brackets (IF) theres a gilmer vs gladewater game it will be in week 3

GW going to have to get past community this week...then get by winner of Fairfield vs shepherd next week...but they need to really concerante on community this week or they wont be around...I be pulling for GW anyways...I look forward to 3rd round...no matter who we play...by the way how come mack did not transfer to us a couple years ago :) :) :)

GW going to have to get past community this week...then get by winner of Fairfield vs shepherd next week...but they need to really concerante on community this week or they wont be around...I be pulling for GW anyways...I look forward to 3rd round...no matter who we play...by the way how come mack did not transfer to us a couple years ago :) :) :)

So... gw needs to concentrate on NC , or they wont be around , but Gilmer is automatically in the 3rd round?? Haha makes sense!

And I wonder why people hate Gilmer! Dang man either be humble or you will be humbled.

Why would UIL change the bracket?! That's so dumb... Sets up great for Atlanta/Tatum to go 4 rounds when GW dominated both during regular season. Why if we were to lose to gilmer should we be punished for being better than Atlanta / Tatum? It's stupid.

Just like it was stupid for Gladewater going 4 rounds deep last year? I may be wrong but wernt y'all 2 and 8 going into the playoffs?

Just like it was stupid for Gladewater going 4 rounds deep last year? I may be wrong but wernt y'all 2 and 8 going into the playoffs?

Actually by switching the brackets the UIL pretty much kept that from happening this year. Plus, we have to remember that the 4th place Gladewater team of last year is heads and shoulders above any of the 4th place teams in this Region this year.

The bad thing for Gilmer last year was that they played Argyle in the 3rd round and then had to watch Gladewater (a 4th place team they had beaten) advance to play Argyle in the 4th round. The almost same thing could happen this year to Gladewater if they lose to Gilmer in the third and then watch Atlanta or Tatum play Gilmer in the 4th. Only difference would be that Atlanta and Tatum are not 4th place seeds like the Bears were last year.

The Bears made it to the 4th round last year because the 4th place team in the DOD was better than the other teams in their bracket. Bottom line is they still had to play the games and they won the games to get there. That's the whole goal of the playoffs. As far as that being "stupid" as you say, that's far from the case and a pretty ignorant statement. And as far as the Bears 2013 record, well if you are going to make a post and make it sound like you know what you are talking about, then you might want to know your facts!

I willl tell you exacty what would happen.Gilmes weakness is d line so gladewater would come out n run the ball like they do and gilmers offense would stay on the sideline right.Well what would happen is gilmer would be waiting on the run as they would stack the box mmand stop it.Not every time but just enough to geet ttheir offense on the field to score.There is no team that can stop gilmers offense.The only way gilmer doesn't sccore every time is a turnover.If the bears trys to pass its bad news.Gilmer would win like 49 or 56 to 21.Don't get mad bear fans I'm just giving my opinion.

WOS chain gang defense can stop Gilmer but I guess we will have to wait and see! See you at Jerry's world

A lot of football to be played before this matchup happens, IF it does happen. I'm not even thinking about this game yet. We have a game THIS Friday night against Pleasant Grove. We just need to focus, and be ready to play the Hawks.

Gladewater, on the other hand, could play their JV team against NC and win.

Actually by switching the brackets the UIL pretty much kept that from happening this year. Plus, we have to remember that the 4th place Gladewater team of last year is heads and shoulders above any of the 4th place teams in this Region this year.

The bad thing for Gilmer last year was that they played Argyle in the 3rd round and then had to watch Gladewater (a 4th place team they had beaten) advance to play Argyle in the 4th round. The almost same thing could happen this year to Gladewater if they lose to Gilmer in the third and then watch Atlanta or Tatum play Gilmer in the 4th. Only difference would be that Atlanta and Tatum are not 4th place seeds like the Bears were last year.

The Bears made it to the 4th round last year because the 4th place team in the DOD was better than the other teams in their bracket. Bottom line is they still had to play the games and they won the games to get there. That's the whole goal of the playoffs. As far as that being "stupid" as you say, that's far from the case and a pretty ignorant statement. And as far as the Bears 2013 record, well if you are going to make a post and make it sound like you know what you are talking about, then you might want to know your facts!

I'm pretty sure I know my facts and did you not see where I put " I may be wrong" I guess not. And no I did not follow Gladewater last year don't really care if they win or lose all I said was how is it stupid for Tatum or Atlanta to go further then Gladewater just because y'all beat both of us in district when y'all went further than anyone in y'all's district despite getting trampled by Gilmer in district last year.

I'm pretty sure I know my facts and did you not see where I put " I may be wrong" I guess not. And no I did not follow Gladewater last year don't really care if they win or lose all I said was how is it stupid for Tatum or Atlanta to go further then Gladewater just because y'all beat both of us in district when y'all went further than anyone in y'all's district despite getting trampled by Gilmer in district last year.

You weren't maybe wrong, you were wrong, so no you didn't know your facts! As far as you not following Gladewater last year or care, well, then why are you posting or answering a post about a team you know nothing about, nor care about?

I think I explained in my last post the difference between the situation this year and that of last year. Tatum nor Atlanta are the 4th seed. I have no problem with either Tatum or Atlanta getting to the 4th round. That's why we play the games. In fact I picked them both to get to the 3rd round to play each other.

Ok and Gladewater got trampled by Gmer in district right? So how is it stupid if Tatum or Atlanta goes further then Gladewater when y'all did the exact same thing last year?

I was just saying what are record was in the regular season, I didn't say anything about the playoffs. The original bracket had it were Gilmer and Gladewater would meet in the 4th round which was the same as last year. We beat Canton in the 1st round last year and we were the 4th seed and they were the 1st seed. If Canton and Gilmer would have both advanced to the 4th round last year they would have met each other both being the 1st seed from their district. This year the first bracket uil put out showed that the number 1 seeds from these districts would meet in the 4th round again then they changed it.

When did the UIL change it?

OR

Did the sites making predictions just assume this years brackets were already in place and they were actually using last years brackets?

Is it possible that all of us saw the predictions and bracket setup before the UIL actually released the new bracket?

Probably the second one.

When did the UIL change it?

OR

Did the sites making predictions just assume this years brackets were already in place and they were actually using last years brackets?

Is it possible that all of us saw the predictions and bracket setup before the UIL actually released the new bracket?

The brackets in Region II were changed. I saw the bracket, like GolfNut4Life did, before the change and I knew they were this year's bracket because they had the new district numbers on them.