Lindale vs Nac

Jakeelee86

It's hard to say on this one. Lindale dominated Jacksonville and Jacksonville beat Nac but Nac beat Lufkin and Lufkin dominated Lindale so I just don't know

It's all about match ups. Everybody matches up differently together. You gotta understand Nac and lufkin is a big rivalry, 20 miles apart and we hate each other.. Lufkin has absolutely dominated Nac in the series. They beat us last year and had all the confidence in the world coming into this years game and did it again. They played the best game of their season that night in my opinion. Lufkin struggles to take Nac seriously as a contender now and it shows when we play. We'd better have learn they aren't a pushover anymore. Either way, I don't think Nac will lose to lindale. They kno what needs to be done coming off another district loss, and will be ready to play. Don't get me wrong tho, I'd love to see lindale beat them.

Lindale is running the ball really well right now. Even against Lufkin they ran the ball effectively. That will give them a chance against Nac. Lindale's new RB has been very impressive the past few weeks.

Wasn't it 63 to 0 at the half? I'm sure y'all were running against the 2nd and 3rd team'ers. I heard the head coach had his son QB'ing, he is a soph that wasn't even the best in his class. What's going on over there?

Surely lufkin didn't have the starters in when it was 49 to 14?

Lufkin definitely had their starters in. Their starting d-line was in the entire game. The only non starters that I saw was the second oline, and that was the last drive of the game. Meador's son is starting, and he is the best qb in the program right now. That really isn't even a question. He looked really good against Jacksonville and did some good things against Lufkin. He made mistakes, but there aren't many soph who wouldn't against Lufkin.

Wasn't it 63 to 0 at the half? I'm sure y'all were running against the 2nd and 3rd team'ers. I heard the head coach had his son QB'ing, he is a soph that wasn't even the best in his class. What's going on over there?

Not sure why you would call out a coach and his program that you don't follow closely. I'm assuming you just know a parent of a football player in Lindale that doesn't like the coach, and thinks their son should be playing more.

Not sure why you would call out a coach and his program that you don't follow closely. I'm assuming you just know a parent of a football player in Lindale that doesn't like the coach, and thinks their son should be playing more.

Your assuming wrong, I haven't spoke to anyone like that. I keep up with lindale and have watched his class every game last year and the year before. I wasn't trying to down the kid, I just know he was like the 3rd stringer on the freshman class last year. I knew the starter on the varsity decided not to play this year, but was wondering how y'all got to the soph?

Yea pappabear I don't really get why you would think Lindale was playing against the 2nd and 3rd string. I mean they lost 28 to 63. Lindale isn't that bad to lose by that much to back up's.

I would think that because it was 49 to 14 at the half, most coaches would start sitting starters at that point.

I would think that because it was 49 to 14 at the half, most coaches would start sitting starters at that point.

Lufkins star receiver keke coutee was benched by the 9 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, the star running back Steven sowell was also benched later in the 2nd quarter as well.. We always run our starters coming out of half no matter the score. Halfway thru the 3rd or so, the backup QB was in. And he's a defensive starter, so that means there was one defensive star right there that was out. We rotated backups with starters on D and Offense from the 5 minute mark of the 3rd til games end. We mix and match. Never completely run a 2nd string. We have class here, 63 wasn't running the score up at all. It could've been worse and everybody watching the game knows that.