TABC preseason basketball rankings are out

flukeshot

I know, I know, it's still football season, but the preseason rankings are out at tabchoops.org for anyone who is interested.

In 2A the top 3 are Muenster, Martins Mill, and Clarksville in that order, all from region 2. Clarksville is scheduled to travel to Martins Mill on December 5 to take on the Mustangs in non-district action.

In 4A the top 3 are Triple A Academy, Dallas Madison, and Dallas Lincoln, so I guess they're expecting business as usual in DISD despite the, um, scandal.

Just 2 of us in the top 25

2014-2015 TABC Pre-Season Rankings - October 27, 2014

Boys - Class 4A

1. Triple A

2. D. Madison

3. D. Lincoln

4. H. Wheatley

5. L. Estacado

6. Navasota

7. La Vega

8. Wharton

9. H. Sterling

10. Liberty Hill

11. Abilene Wylie

12. Wilmer-Hutchins

13. W.F. Hirshi

14. West Oso

15. Bandera

16. Hidalgo

17. Kilgore

18. Stafford

19. Kennedale

20. Mineral Wells

21. Argyle

22. Cleveland

23. Tatum

24. Mexia

25. Columbia

Boys - Class 2A

1. Muenster

2. Martins Mill

3. Clarksville

4. Smyer

5. Mumford

6. Gruver

7. San Augustine

8. Canadian

9. LaPoynor

10. Schulenburg

11. Port Aransas

12. D. Big Sandy

13. Kerens

14. Stratford

15. Olney

16. Kenedy

17. Wellington

18. San Saba

19. M. Bland

20. Thorndale

21. Blue Ridge

22. Centerville

23. Grapeland

24. Rivercrest

25. Snook

What slap cumup with this crud pics. Clarksville, SA, LaPoynor and Centerville all higher ranks than Gary and Beckville? Good luck with this mess panning out for ya buddy!

I wouldn't read a whole lot into the December 5th Cville/MM matchup. One school will have logged many more gym hours than the other at this point lol. Everyone in 2A-1 can thank their lucky stars it is baseball that's not played in Cville rather than football.

Boys - Class 2A

1. Muenster

2. Martins Mill

3. Clarksville

4. Smyer

5. Mumford

6. Gruver

7. San Augustine

8. Canadian

9. LaPoynor

10. Schulenburg

11. Port Aransas

12. D. Big Sandy

13. Kerens

14. Stratford

15. Olney

16. Kenedy

17. Wellington

18. San Saba

19. M. Bland

20. Thorndale

21. Blue Ridge

22. Centerville

23. Grapeland

24. Rivercrest

25. Snook

What slap cumup with this crud pics. Clarksville, SA, LaPoynor and Centerville all higher ranks than Gary and Beckville? Good luck with this mess panning out for ya buddy!

Gary is 1A in basketball...

Last east Texas team to win the Commerce regional was Chapel Hill in '06/'07. Pleasant Grove and L-E are the only two to even make the final since. Kilgore's going to be hard pressed to make more noise than last year, even if someone is actually making sure Madison isn't using out of zone kids.

Been a while since weren't on that list, but imho Tenaha might have a tough season. Need to get back to the flash and dash style this year. Definitely a good year to go up tempo

Brooks and Williams will be ridiculous this year. Boxell has a wealth of athleticism and talent to start his quest at Tatum.

We are playing in the Tatum tourney again. Ready to see what Boxell will do with the Tatum boys. What kind of size and shooters will Tatum have this year?

I wouldn't read a whole lot into the December 5th Cville/MM matchup. One school will have logged many more gym hours than the other at this point lol. Everyone in 2A-1 can thank their lucky stars it is baseball that's not played in Cville rather than football.

Ain't like Cville will do anything in the playoffs in football. They will have had close to a month to get their basketball legs under them. Don't start making excuses now. MM lives in the gym anyhow...

I don't think an extended football season will hurt Clarksville; not that they will play that long this year. Last time they won a state title, they played football on Thanksgiving weekend.

As most folks in Clarksville are aware; it doesn't hurt to take a L in December, it's February and March where the W's are important

Crockett will be pretty good in the 3A ranks. A lot of players coming back from last year.

Graduation hit Grapeland HARD. No more Patrick Walker or Jacolby Simpson. Instead the Sandies will begin looking to their youth, which isn't bad. I see Grapeland as a solid playoff team this year, but not a regional contender. They do have a lot of talent coming up, but I don't see them making a whole lot of noise this year.

Kilgore is going to make some noise this yr in basketball with what they have returning from last yrs team who lost to Dallas Madison. Man this is actually kind of weird saying Kilgore is good in basketball for a change.

You are right about Kilgore. Kilgore has a very good coach and the kids really respect him and buy into his program.