Week Eleven: Hallsville at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-2) vs Hallsville Bobcats (6-3)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Hallsville in a close one
    • Hallsville in a blow out

longview2.pnghallsville.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (7-2, 6-0) VS HALLSVILLE BOBCATS (6-3, 4-2)

DATE: Friday, November 7th, 2014

TIME: 7:30 PM

LONGVIEW BROADCAST: Sunny 106.5 FM KOOI

HALLSVILLE BROADCAST: 104.9 FM KQAT

longview.pngLOBOS LEAD SERIES 2-0-0 longview.png
The two schools have never played a non-district contest.

The Lobos have a 2-0-0 lead when the game is a district contest.

The two schools have never played a playoff contest.

The two schools have never played a game at a neutral location.

The Lobos have a 1-0-0 lead when the game is played at Longview.

The Lobos have a 1-0-0 lead when the game is played at Hallsville.

Longview has won two consecutive games against the Panthers.

Longview is 1-0-0 all-time against Hallsville at Lobo Stadium.

The two schools have never played on November 7th before.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES

10.23.2009 - Longview 45 Hallsville 0 - Bobcat Stadium

10.24.2008 - Longview 21 Hallsville 7 - Lobo Stadium

FULL GAME LOG

GAME PREVIEW & SERIES REVIEW:

And so another gold ball heads to Longview. The Lobos walked into Sulphur Springs on Friday night looking for their 10th district championship in 11 seasons under head coach John King, and did just that as they clinched at least a share knocking the Wildcats from their four game winning streak with a dominating 49-6 victory. The win also clinched the 11th consecutive season of having a #1 seed heading into the post season, with the last time Longview being a #2 coming in 2003. The Lobos now head home to face the Hallsville Bobcats in the district finale and for senior night at Lobo Stadium. Longview has won 10 straight senior night contests, last losing to Lufkin in 2003. The Lobos will be looking to clinch the outright district title, while Hallsville will be looking to clinch a playoff berth. The two schools have met only twice in their history, with the Lobos outscoring the Bobcats 66 to 7 in the two games. Hallsville's only score came in the 2008 meeting, midway through the 4th quarter to draw the game back to a 14-7 contest before Tyler McCray finished it off on the following series. Longview comes in having scored 50 or more point in four of their regular season games, tied for a school record for most 50 or more point contests in the regular season with the 1927 squad. Head coach John King heads into the Hallsville game just two wins before former head coach Doug Cox for most wins in by a coach in school history. King will be looking to become the 2nd coach in Longview history to wrap up 60 or more district wins.

ON THE LINE:

A win for Longview clinches an outright district championship. A win for Hallsville clinched a playoff berth, however a loss does not eliminate them.

WEEK TEN 15-5A SCORES:

Greenville 13 Texas High 28

Mount Pleasant 6 Marshall 56

Sulphur Springs 6 Longview 49

Hallsville 56 Pine Tree 14

WEEK ELEVEN 15-5A SCHEDULE:

Longview vs Hallsville

Marshall vs Sulphur Springs

Texas High vs Mount Pleasant

Greenville, Pine Tree

DISTRICT 12-5A STANDINGS:

1) Longview (7-2, 6-0)*

2) Texas High (6-3, 5-1)*

3) Sulphur Springs (5-4, 4-2)

4) Hallsville (6-3, 4-2)

5) Marshall (5-3, 3-3)

6) Greenville (3-6, 1-5)

7) Pine Tree (1-8, 1-5)

8) Mount Pleasant (0-9, 0-6)

LONGVIEW LOBOS

Record: 7-2 (6-0)

District: 15-5A

Coach: John King (118-25 in 11 seasons) (Playoffs: 27-10)

First Year of Football: 1909

All-Time Record: 672-334-52 (Playoffs: 55-37-1)

Playoff Appearances: 39

Last Playoff Appearance: 2013, 5A Division II Regional Round

State Championships: 1937 (1A)

State Championship Appearances: 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1)

SCHEDULE:

08.29 - at Lufkin - Loss 44-14

09.05 - vs John Tyler - Loss 41-25

09.13 - Monroe Neville (In Shreveport) - Win 19-13

09.26 - at Pine Tree - Win 66-13

10.03 - vs Greenville - Win 56-7

10.10 - vs Marshall - Win 56-13

10.17 - at Texas High - Win 38-20

10.24 - vs Mount Pleasant - Win 63-6

10.31 - at Sulphur Springs - Win 49-6

11.07 - vs Hallsville

11.14 - Bi-District: Lufkin

HALLSVILLE BOBCATS

Record: 6-3 (4-2)

District: 15-5A

Coach: David Plunk (53-51 in 10 seasons) (Playoffs: 0-5)

First Year of Football: 1937

All-Time Record: 380-379-23 (Playoffs: 10-15-1)

Playoff Appearances: 18

Last Playoff Appearance: 2013, 4A Division II Bi-District Round

State Championships: None

State Championship Appearances: None

Schedule:

08.29 - vs Carthage - Win 52-20

09.05 - vs Nacogdoches - Loss 37-36

09.12 - at Athens - Win 41-21

09.26 - vs Marshall - Win 21-19

10.03 - at Texas High - Loss 24-17

10.10 - vs Mount Pleasant - Win 21-9

10.17 - at Sulphur Springs - Loss 49-42

10.24 - at Greenville - Win 26-17

10.31 - vs Pine Tree - Win 56-14

11.07 - at Longview

ON THIS DATE IN LOBO HISTORY: November 7th

In 1924, Longview officially clinched their first ever district championship with a 40-0 victory at Athens.

In 1930, the Lobos rolled to a 2-7 victory over Atlanta at Fair Park.

In 1947, Fox Cashell's 9-yard field goal in the second quarter boosted Longview to a 3-0 victory over the Tyler Lions in Lobo Stadium. Longview improved to 8-0 on the year with the victory.

In 1958, Longview's playoff hopes came crashing down with a 30-0 loss against Texas High inside Lobo Stadium.

In 1969, the Lobos rallied to a 21-18 victory over Lufkin at Panther Stadium.

In 1980, Ronnie Hunter slammed home three rushing touchdowns to lift Longview to a 21-6 homecoming victory over John Tyler.

In 1986, Tim Greaves's 25-yard field goal in the 3rd quarter gave Pine Tree the 10-7 lead and the Pirates held a comeback off as Pine Tree ended Longview's hopes of a district championship with a 10-9 victory in Lobo Stadium.

In 1997, Longview fell behind 14-0 after one quarter before roasting the Mavericks 40-7 the rest of the way. Fred Talley scored three touchdowns, including a 63-yard run in the second quarter to give Longview the lead as Longview clinched the perfect regular season with a 40-21 victory over arch rival Marshall.

lobohowl2_zpscfd7d4bc.gif

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's to a fun, hard fought finale Hallsville fans!

I thought Longview played one of it's more complete games of the season against Sulphur Springs. It wasn't completely perfect but they completely controlled the game through out. Defense had a couple iffy moments but they kept everything in front of them and I can't think of a play that went more than 20 yards outside of maybe the pass play late with the twos in. One more game to improve and then the real fun begins.

Would love to see two things happen.

1. Hallsville win

2. The cats give Longview a game to prepare the Lobos for the playoffs.

Here what I think does happen.

1. Longview wins

2. Hallsville loses but gets simi blownout.

Here what def going to happen Marshall is probably the biggest Lobo supporter in Week 10 assuming they take care of business.

Semi blown out? Like we semi blew out ss?

We should win this game big....hallsville gave us a good game a few years back but they had a great RB(Abrams I think) with a good oline....don't think they have a RB like that this year

Why are you getting defensive?

I'm not defensive, it was a simple question in response to what you posted on "Hallsville will at least show up."

Only team I would say that didn't show up and give their best so far was Marshall IMO.

We need a Lobo victory!

I over heard talk that the Lobos were going to throw this game just make Marshall's playoff hopes even bleaker..... that really is a shame what you guys did to Mt. Pleasant last night... running up the score... smh..... ;) :D :rolleyes:

You should get a lobo victory.... but you guys better bring your run game and defense and take care of business next week.

Why are you getting defensive?

I have been giving the Lobos props all year. It's far to early for yall to start losing.

Uh huh....one day you're on the wagon and then the next day.....yea. I'm pretty sure you are the one that said earlier in the season that Lufkin and JT would win our first round games and then in another thread said Lv would make it to at least the fourth round, even though you said they would be 12-2 when they lost in that round... Smh

Yep absolutely terrible I say but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Which means you do not have anything to do with this thread! All you seem to do is stir everyone up. Please go be a groupie with another fan base! This stalking has become even MORE annoying than it already was! 😠😠😠💩

Not sure why he wants to be a Lobo so bad. He's either hating on us constantly or trying to become one of us.

No one wants him around yet he continues to stalk us. He's like that annoying little bug that you can never get rid of.

I really thought this would be the district title game....they seemed to have the most balanced offense of all teams and a respectable defense....they just can't hang onto the ball...I expect this game to get ugly as long as LV does not look ahead to Lufkin.

I really thought this would be the district title game....they seemed to have the most balanced offense of all teams and a respectable defense....they just can't hang onto the ball...I expect this game to get ugly as long as LV does not look ahead to Lufkin.

Hopefully they give us their best shot, and all turnovers are just forced (like we saw in Sulphur).

Would've been fun if they were undefeated coming in no doubt.