Shelbyville @ West Sabine

TWB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lambo. Just so u know, the Dragons are pulling for the bearcats......u know in "white trash" fashion. Strange last week you were pulling for the dragons. Having trouble making up your mind. Its just funny that it takes a superior team loosing just so the GOATS can secure their THIRD seed spot........too funny.

Thanks Lambo. Just so u know, the Dragons are pulling for the bearcats......u know in "white trash" fashion. Strange last week you were pulling for the dragons. Having trouble making up your mind. Its just funny that it takes a superior team loosing just so the GOATS can secure their THIRD seed spot........too funny.

no matter if u win or lose as long as we win we are in

It didn't take a superior team losing. It took Shelbyville beating San Augustine. In case you missed it, Joaquin defeated San Augustine 54-44 last week. I believe that makes Joaquin SUPERIOR to SA. Just wanted to clear things up. Good luck to you guys. I've been part of a similar year to what your kids are on the verge of. If they close the deal, it's an experience they'll never forget.

Nothing unusual about pulling for a team one week and then not the next week or whatever. It depends on whether or not the team you normally wouldn't be pulling for is going to benefit your own team if they were to win. I'm sure if it was reversed where the Rams could help the Dragons you would be pulling for them whether you like them or not.

Nothing unusual about pulling for a team one week then not the next week or whatever. It depends on whether or not that the team you normally wouldn't be pulling for is going to benefit your own team if they were to win. I'm sure if it was reverse where the Rams could help the Dragons you would be pulling for them whether you like them or not.

Never never

Shelbyville will be playing for something very memorable and remarkable for the schools history, so I think that answers everyone's question! They do have some starters injured, but I don't think that will stop them in the least. They played SA with the injuries and still came out on top!!! SA must have been OFF THEIR GAME to loose to Joaquin, I still do see how they won. SA only had the ball 10 minutes that entire game and still scored 44 points, no telling what the score would have been if the ball was in their possession for longer. Not knocking Joaquin by no means, they are a great bunch of kids! Shelbyville is in this to WIN and I think they will. Never underestimate the second and third string, they are hungry to play and prove a point the everyone. Shelbyville did play a lot of those guys Friday night against SA and still came out on top! Coach Ferguson knows this game inside and out and the kids too! Shelbyville WILL come out on top!

WE WILL WIN

And another thing. SA played the hell outta y'all gave you all you wanted... Joaquin beat SA and WS played close to SA... Y'all time is coming fast to do what you've done for as long as you've been playing this sport and that's curl up in a ball and beg the other team to stop. Enjoy burrell and Metcalf while you have them because that's all y'all have.

Must #### for Joaquin to get whooped by 2 players since that's all they have.

Not sure if Lambo has seen Shelbyville or not. Burrell and Metcalf are two of the best at their position I've seen this year. But there are other good athletes on that team. The Jenkins kid provides a good 1-2 punch combined with Burrell, and he's outstanding on defense. Just one example.

Let me see if I can play like LAMBO, oh ok I know "Tag you're it"......such a child

If memory serves me right, Joaquin is loosing SEVERAL key players this graduating year and will struggle for a long time to get back to seeing a glimpse of a playoff spot!

WE WILL WIN

There I corrected it for you

Actually, Joaquin is graduating 7 seniors. 6 of them start at least 1 way. The senior RB has played 1 quarter in district play due to injury. The two that have had the biggest impact are the starting guards. They are also leaders on the defense. Everyone loses key players every year. Shelbyville will lose some keys as well. We expect to be better next year than this, but go ahead and write us off.

Not sure if Lambo has seen Shelbyville or not. Burrell and Metcalf are two of the best at their position I've seen this year. But there are other good athletes on that team. The Jenkins kid provides a good 1-2 punch combined with Burrell, and he's outstanding on defense. Just one example.

Leading rusher each week of District.

Vs Joe - Burrell (400 total team rush yards)

Vs Cushing - Burrell (500 total team rush yards)

Vs Beckville - Jenkins (500 total team rush yards)

Vs SA - Osby (300 total team rush yards)

Only one game above did SV have two 100 yard rushers (Beck)

The other 3 games only had 1, 100 yard rusher and still produced all those yards.

Yeah - we're just one player

Leading rusher each week of District.

Vs Joe - Burrell (400 total team rush yards)

Vs Cushing - Burrell (500 total team rush yards)

Vs Beckville - Jenkins (500 total team rush yards)

Vs SA - Osby (300 total team rush yards)

Only one game above did SV have two 100 yard rushers (Beck)

The other 3 games only had 1, 100 yard rusher and still produced all those yards.

Yeah - we're just one player

My point exactly. It's similar to our system in that it emphasizes teamwork and everyone giving 100% on every play. Players like Burrell or Nate Belrose make it work better, but either is going to see success when all of the kids work hard. I look forward to some exciting games between our teams over the next few years.

Glad LAMBO is off our bandwagon! He rooted for us last week and we came down to the wire instead of the thrashing I was hoping for :) His support was probably jinxing us and upsetting the universe's football continuum! As for Metcalf and Burrell, they are amazing kids on and off the field! Every Dragon that suits up on Friday night is a threat! Legit, hard-working, fire-tested boys that have put in the effort to be contenders! 10-0!!! This week they follow thru on an extremely passionate goal! #wewillwin