Carthage vs Chapel Hill; Dogfight for 2nd Place

CarthDawg77

not a coach at all and I know some of the kids as well But is easy as a fan to sit and criticize on what they are or aren't doing with those young men. If you are a fan you seem to know so much yourself and the same can be said that could be part of that staff as well. You have been accused multiple times of bashing the coaches by other fans on this forum. Again i think that if you have a problem with it then you go to the Head Coach and voice your opinion. If that's not what you want to do then don't get on here and blast them for not doing a good job with whatever you see unless your on the field with them in practice everyday to see what is taken place. We all want to see chill be better but i have seen you time and time again criticize Like you have the all the answer. Its cool to say hey I would have done this different or I would have done this way. For the fact was is the freshman record this year. are they loosing a lo of games?????

I will not comment further on the 9th grade issues. I don't feel it is my place to speak with a coach. I know what it is like to have parents/fans come "bless" you with their opinion right or wrong.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to see Baca put it all together Friday and stick to the run game, but not the Jet Sweep. I like Baca and think he has the potential to be a great coordinator. I like Sitton and feel like he has seen and knows what it takes to win games. The dogs have had a rough year this year and they have a lot of people picking against them. I still think the dogs have what it takes to make a great playoff run. This team is totally different than in 2010-2011 & 2012-2013. This is a new group of kids that has yet to find their rhythm. Last years team took a whole season to put it all together. This years team has such great potential.

This week the dogs need to eliminate the turnovers. When you lose the turnover battle against a good team, you will probably lose the game. The dogs need to get the run established early on to take the pressure off of the backup QB to throw the ball. The dogs need to hustle to the ball on defense and gang tackle rather than grab, which results in the 15 yard face ask penalties.

The dogs did a MUCH MUCH better job covering the KO against Henderson. They also did a good job of continuing to fight even after the score got "out of hand." Heck I even felt like the dogs were going to get back in the game when it was 28-14 and CH had the ball. I believe in the bulldogs.

I've been reading a lot of these comments so I feel like I will give my opinion.

1. Png and Henderson are just flat out better than chapel hill this year. Henderson has a study defense and a qb who makes huge plays and was for the most part unstoppable. He reminded me of Charlie Moore several years back against chapel hill.

2. Chapel hills play calling is very elementary and fairly easy for a defense to pick up on. Ch has several playmakers that are just not used correctly. Ex: Bledsoe, king, Walters

3. I think Sitton is a good coach. I can name several in 3a that I think are better. With the talent he had in 2010 and 2011 I feel ALOT of coaches could have won and made state championship appearances. I don't think he has the right coordinators in place to make this team a deep playoff team. As a head coach he has got to intervene with some play calling and stop the boneheaded short yardage plays that have not worked and PLEASE stop running the jet sweep!!

As for the game Friday night. I think the yellow dogs can and will win. I have nothing but respect for Carthage but I think ch is just better this year.

I've been reading a lot of these comments so I feel like I will give my opinion.

1. Png and Henderson are just flat out better than chapel hill this year. Henderson has a study defense and a qb who makes huge plays and was for the most part unstoppable. He reminded me of Charlie Moore several years back against chapel hill.

2. Chapel hills play calling is very elementary and fairly easy for a defense to pick up on. Ch has several playmakers that are just not used correctly. Ex: Bledsoe, king, Walters

3. I think Sitton is a good coach. I can name several in 3a that I think are better. With the talent he had in 2010 and 2011 I feel ALOT of coaches could have won and made state championship appearances. I don't think he has the right coordinators in place to make this team a deep playoff team. As a head coach he has got to intervene with some play calling and stop the boneheaded short yardage plays that have not worked and PLEASE stop running the jet sweep!!

As for the game Friday night. I think the yellow dogs can and will win. I have nothing but respect for Carthage but I think ch is just better this year.

+1! Would have never thought an OC would make that much difference at the high school level but after seeing the difference in the 2010-2011 play calling compared to now; it's night and day difference. CH has to utilize ALL their playmakers and play to it's strengths. Hopefully CH will pull out a win and build momentum for the playoffs.

I agree with 95% of what you out lined.

But the part that far out weighs anything is that coach Sitton will not intervene. As the head coach he has got to stop standing on the sideline shaking his head when the run those bonheaded plays and do something. When I left the game friday I said the coordinators are going to get Sitton run off.

+1. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Sitton was a defensive coach prior to becoming a head coach. The last 2 years the defense has been our weakness. With the speed we have on defense you'd think we could get a few more stops. It's frustrating seeing a team run the same play (ie QB sweep) over and over and get big yards. Not sure what the answer is.

+1. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Sitton was a defensive coach prior to becoming a head coach. The last 2 years the defense has been our weakness. With the speed we have on defense you'd think we could get a few more stops. It's frustrating seeing a team run the same play (ie QB sweep) over and over and get big yards. Not sure what the answer is.

The Answer is, KEEP DOING IT !!!!😜😜😜

I agree with 95% of what you out lined.

But the part that far out weighs anything is that coach Sitton will not intervene. As the head coach he has got to stop standing on the sideline shaking his head when the run those bonheaded plays and do something. When I left the game friday I said the coordinators are going to get Sitton run off.

I agree totally. Im not a fan of bashing but CH has the most predictable offense in East Texas. We can call the plays in the stands and are right 7 out of 10 times. If we as computer coaches can call it, the opposing coaches def know.

Henderson ran 3 fewer plays than Chapel Hill last week (58-55) but held the ball for 31-1/2 minutes in the game. Chapel Hill had 11 drives (out of 13) that were less than 2 minutes including 6 that were 1:24 or less.

If Carthage's run game can control the clock like Henderson's run game did and keep Chapel Hill's offense off the field, I think Carthage wins this game.

Henderson ran 3 fewer plays than Chapel Hill last week (58-55) but held the ball for 31-1/2 minutes in the game. Chapel Hill had 11 drives (out of 13) that were less than 2 minutes including 6 that were 1:24 or less.

If Carthage's run game can control the clock like Henderson's run game did and keep Chapel Hill's offense off the field, I think Carthage wins this game.

That probably has a lot to do with Henderson jumping out to a quick 22-0 lead and forcing CH to throw. After the Lions went up 29-0 in the third qtr they began draining the play clock down to less than 5 seconds. That really swung possession time in their favor.

Maybe so, but I think the three turnovers by CH also played a major role in what Henderson was able to do. They realized points off of all three.