Carthage vs Chapel Hill; Dogfight for 2nd Place

CarthDawg77

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well. Carthage came in fired up and took what CH would give up. Good job Carthage.

My issues with last night:

#1) Instead on running the (1:00) clock out with 1st & 10 deep in CH territory, and no Carthage TO's, to go into the half with a 14-7 lead. The idiots call pass plays with an inexperienced QB. They only take off about 0:46. The snap goes over the punter's head, and instead on taking a knee in the endzone in order to only give up 2 pts, and be able to get Carthage pushed back for the final 14 second (WITH NO TIMEOUTS), he punts it 6 yards, so Carthage has 14 seconds and 1st & goal from the six. That is coaching all the way!! If you don't explain to the kids situational decision making throughout the season, you can't expect them to make the right decision when the pressure is on. You would think since the punt followed a TO that would have been explained to the punter, and it obviously wasn't.

Bledsoe again did not get his touches, and even more than that, they tried throwing the ball way too much with a kid that played his best, aside from running out of bounds to avoid hits, but should not have been required to throw near as much as he did.

CH took a TO on 4th down, and went for it following the TO. They called a pass play, which is understandable on 4th and forever. What I don't understand is why one if the coaches did not tell the inexperienced QB, who really like running out of bounds way too much, "hey it's 4th down so no matter what we have to take a shot for the first down. Throw it down field no matter what and give the reciever an attempt to make a play. Even if it is intercepted, you guys have to make a tackle and we will come out better in field position." But NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Let's just run out of bounds to avoid a hit.

EVEN WORSE!!!! The same situation!!! CH is going for it on 4th down again and they call a TO again. You would think that the above suggested conversation would have been a priority, considering what the coaches watched happen on the previous 4th down attempt. BUT NOOOOO!!!!!!! He runs out of bounds again, instead on at least giving his reciever a chance! That is COACHING all the way!!!!!!!

Then on the final drive of the game instead of running the ball, which was way more successful for long yardage than throwing the ball, They throw the ball. And instead of throwing it down the field, we dink it 4 yards at a time. He takes a sack instead of throwing it away on 3rd down with no TO's and then on 4th and the ballgame he SPIKES THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!! That again is coaching!!! The coaches had two opportunities to set him straight on fourth down decision making. The coaching is what cost this game and the previous game for CH IMO.

Well, well, well. Carthage came in fired up and took what CH would give up. Good job Carthage.

#1) Instead on running the (1:00) clock out with 1st & 10 deep in CH territory, and no Carthage TO's, to go into the half with a 14-7 lead. The idiots call pass plays with an inexperienced QB. They only take off about 0:46. The snap goes over the punter's head, and instead on taking a knee in the endzone in order to only give up 2 pts, and be able to get Carthage pushed back for the final 14 second (WITH NO TIMEOUTS), he punts it 6 yards, so Carthage has 14 seconds and 1st & goal from the six. That is coaching all the way!! If you don't explain to the kids situational decision making throughout the season, you can't expect them to make the right decision when the pressure is on. You would think since the punt followed a TO that would have been explained to the punter, and it obviously wasn't.

Bledsoe again did not get his touches, and even more than that, they tried throwing the ball way too much with a kid that played his best, aside from running out of bounds to avoid hits, but should not have been required to throw near as much as he did.

CH took a TO on 4th down, and went for it following the TO. They called a pass play, which is understandable on 4th and forever. What I don't understand is why one if the coaches did not tell the inexperienced QB, who really like running out of bounds way too much, "hey it's 4th down so no matter what we have to take a shot for the first down. Throw it down field no matter what and give the reciever an attempt to make a play. Even if it is intercepted, you guys have to make a tackle and we will come out better in field position." But NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Let's just run out of bounds to avoid a hit.

EVEN WORSE!!!! The same situation!!! CH is going for it on 4th down again and they call a TO again. You would think that the above suggested conversation would have been a priority, considering what the coaches watched happen on the previous 4th down attempt. BUT NOOOOO!!!!!!! He runs out of bounds again, instead on at least giving his reciever a chance! That is COACHING all the way!!!!!!!

Then on the final drive of the game instead of running the ball, which was way more successful for long yardage than throwing the ball, They throw the ball. And instead of throwing it down the field, we dink it 4 yards at a time. He takes a sack instead of throwing it away on 3rd down with no TO's and then on 4th and the ballgame he SPIKES THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!! That again is coaching!!! The coaches had two opportunities to set him straight on fourth down decision making. The coaching is what cost this game and the previous game for CH IMO.

Good athletes with great speed + subpar coaching = 5-5 season

Carthage getting a first down on 3rd & 28 still blows my mind.

Man, that was a Tough game but somebody has to win & somebody has to lose... I still can barely talk this morning! Y'all really had me scared the Whole Game; Good luck in the playoffs!😎

Rebuilding year for Carthage. Chapel Hill just not there yet. Henderson loses tonite to Kilgore. Looks like Gilmer is the only team in East Texas with a shot at a title this season in 4A. They don't have to play Argyle any more, lol. Argyle is one of the few teams on the same level as Carthage and Gilmer now in 4A. You have perennials....Gilmer, Carthage, Argyle.....maybe Stephenville(maybe not), Navasota's always good. Not quite sold on Kilgore as a perennial yet...haven't been down in 4A long enough to set a precedent. Thought Henderson would win again this week, but Kilgore bit them....shows me they are not complete. Gladewater will make a run. Celina is lurking with a good team....lots of seniors. They are staying very quiet. Kennedale vs Argyle in the 3rd round is a championship type game. Don't think Van will handle either, but could be wrong about them. One of those 3 will emerge in Region 2 D-1 and be a handful for Region 1 rep. Congrats to Carthage for making it back at crunch time. Perennials find a way.

+1. I AGREE 100%.. SUB PAR COACHING. MAYBE TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES AT THE TOP DOWN. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW FRIDAY NIGHT POSITION SIR.

Hey that stuff happens when 2 good teams are battling it out on the football field. Some teams take chances on different things sometimes you have to do different things that's out of ordinary to get momentum swung back into your teams hand. But hey you can't win them all there always is a winner and loser doesn't mean your team isn't good.

Hey Stankyleg I'm sure there's a four year college within driving distance of your house. Go get your degree, get you a teaching certificate, and you can fix all that bad coaching there in CH. Shoot I bet they'd love to hire you. Smh

I am amazed at the anti-staff sentiment of the CH posters this year. There is an old saying, "You don't realize what you have until it's gone." I have been around several men in the coaching profession in my life. I will say without hesitation and with complete conviction that CH is blessed to have the men that they have on their staff. Their character, work ethic, passion for football, and most importantly, their desire to make good young men using the tool of football is above average.

Thomas Sitton is the same man that he was when he was hired at CH. His ability to coach and put together a staff has not changed. He is as competitive as they come. If anyone thinks that he and the staff are ok with losing, then I recommend you go visit him, get to know him, and see the fire that burns in him.

I have known Sitton for several years, he has an open door policy and will talk openly and honestly with anyone who comes to the fieldhouse, with or without an appointment.

I am calling all of you whiners out, if you are this upset about the coaching staff, their handling of discipline issues, play calling and player use, then go see them. It has become an unhealthy obsession for most CH posters on this site. Kids and coaches read this forum. You are not doing the staff, school or community any favors sitting behind a keyboard being an antagonist. Why not get involved in a solution. Have you considered mentoring some of the kids that you see that have discipline issues? What about talking to the parents of the kids involved and intervening on that end? I know that there are several men on the sidelines every game who are not coaches, but are there to build up and encourage the players and staff. Maybe you all could be a part of this group.

If you are going to read this post and hide behind the, "this is a sports forum and that's what this is for" excuse, then you're not much of a man or fan. We live in a day when many people gripe about the issues of the day, but are too lazy to lift a finger to make a difference. Some of the posters have talked about their passion to win but do nothing more than type on a computer keyboard. Get involved in the lives of these young men beyond a screen name on SDC.

If you have a problem with anything I've said you can PM me and I will buy you lunch to discuss your issues.

I am not a coach. I am a parent of a former player of Coach Sitton and this current staff. I would pick Sitton and staff over any coach and staff at any other school district without hesitation.

I am amazed at the anti-staff sentiment of the CH posters this year. There is an old saying, "You don't realize what you have until it's gone." I have been around several men in the coaching profession in my life. I will say without hesitation and with complete conviction that CH is blessed to have the men that they have on their staff. Their character, work ethic, passion for football, and most importantly, their desire to make good young men using the tool of football is above average.

Thomas Sitton is the same man that he was when he was hired at CH. His ability to coach and put together a staff has not changed. He is as competitive as they come. If anyone thinks that he and the staff are ok with losing, then I recommend you go visit him, get to know him, and see the fire that burns in him.

I have known Sitton for several years, he has an open door policy and will talk openly and honestly with anyone who comes to the fieldhouse, with or without an appointment.

I am calling all of you whiners out, if you are this upset about the coaching staff, their handling of discipline issues, play calling and player use, then go see them. It has become an unhealthy obsession for most CH posters on this site. Kids and coaches read this forum. You are not doing the staff, school or community any favors sitting behind a keyboard being an antagonist. Why not get involved in a solution. Have you considered mentoring some of the kids that you see that have discipline issues? What about talking to the parents of the kids involved and intervening on that end? I know that there are several men on the sidelines every game who are not coaches, but are there to build up and encourage the players and staff. Maybe you all could be a part of this group.

If you are going to read this post and hide behind the, "this is a sports forum and that's what this is for" excuse, then you're not much of a man or fan. We live in a day when many people gripe about the issues of the day, but are too lazy to lift a finger to make a difference. Some of the posters have talked about their passion to win but do nothing more than type on a computer keyboard. Get involved in the lives of these young men beyond a screen name on SDC.

If you have a problem with anything I've said you can PM me and I will buy you lunch to discuss your issues.

I am not a coach. I am a parent of a former player of Coach Sitton and this current staff. I would pick Sitton and staff over any coach and staff at any other school district without hesitation.

Very Well said, +10000

We would take sitton in a heart beat he is a very good coach. Just because things aren't going your way in the stands doesn't mean the coach isn't doing his job. I only hear of stuff like this when the team is losing nobody heard it when they were playing for a district championship the wk of the Henderson gm. Just saying CH has a very very good coach.

Hey Stankyleg I'm sure there's a four year college within driving distance of your house. Go get your degree, get you a teaching certificate, and you can fix all that bad coaching there in CH. Shoot I bet they'd love to hire you. Smh

Haha. I actually have a four year degree bubba. I'm not saying anything on here that anybody else with some general football knowledge would be saying. I'm not on here criticizing offensive and defensive schemes or trying to act like I know which play is the perfect play. Just common sense fundamental football.

After reading your post I starting thinking. I agree with you on almost everything you said. Chapel hill has one the the most dedicated fan base I've seen and people that truly love the chapel hill bulldogs no matter who is coaching!! I've sat and watched 0-10 seasons and 15-0 seasons. I've seen really bad and REALLY GOOD football over the last 20-25 years. I'll be the first to admit that I have been overly critical of the coaching staff and

Said some things I should not have said. The talent this season is good better than there 5-5 record. Most fans are very frustrated at the play calling on obvious football situations that are

Costing this team points and wins. I still think there should be some changes next season but That's sittons call, not mine. I'm off my

Soapbox now. You will see no more

Coach bashing from me.

Anyone have any info or schedule of Hargrave? Any stand out players?

Haha. I actually have a four year degree bubba. I'm not saying anything on here that anybody else with some general football knowledge would be saying. I'm not on here criticizing offensive and defensive schemes or trying to act like I know which play is the perfect play. Just common sense fundamental football.

Not criticizing?? Your post had one sentence less than War and Peace and was full of nothing but criticism.

After reading your post I starting thinking. I agree with you on almost everything you said. Chapel hill has one the the most dedicated fan base I've seen and people that truly love the chapel hill bulldogs no matter who is coaching!! I've sat and watched 0-10 seasons and 15-0 seasons. I've seen really bad and REALLY GOOD football over the last 20-25 years. I'll be the first to admit that I have been overly critical of the coaching staff and

Said some things I should not have said. The talent this season is good better than there 5-5 record. Most fans are very frustrated at the play calling on obvious football situations that are

Costing this team points and wins. I still think there should be some changes next season but That's sittons call, not mine. I'm off my

Soapbox now. You will see no more

Coach bashing from me.

Anyone have any info or schedule of Hargrave? Any stand out players?

Agree. Anyone that knows me knows that I love CH football and have my entire life, 0-10 to 15-0 to 5-5. I also very much appreciate Coach Sitton. This is a sports forum where I enjoy talking about the good, but this year there has been a lot of ugly that I have talked about on here. It's frustarating as a fan to watch these kids go 5-5, when the talent level was capable of 9-1. If you read my past post you will find where I state that I believe in Coach Sitton and I believe on Coach Baca, the OC that many other posters want to see gone. For the record I have ever called for these guys jobs EVER!!! I don't just think, I know these guys have what it takes. There is a big difference in wanting to see some changes or a new attitude or a different look and wanting a coach or coaches to be removed. I have not changed my stance on Coach Sitton and his staff. There is also a big difference in wanting to see some changes or a new attitude or a different look and wanting a coach or coaches to be removed. I just want this team to reach its potential and I will also not change my stance that they did not reach it during the regular season. Luckily the dogs have a fresh start in the playoffs. I hope these kids and coaches understand just what they are capable of. I believe these kids are capable of a state championship and many of you people that will call me a coach basher will also call me crazy for that statement.

Since this is a sports forum I am not going to pretend that the only thing we can talk about are the things that CH does right. I am going to post my thoughts on what needs improvement and those thoughts are strictly my opinions and nothing more. That doesn't mean that I think I'm smarter than the coaches, and it doesn't mean that I should set up a meeting to go fill them in with my "knowledge." IMO that would be the wrong thing to do. I will always support the bulldogs and I will always want to see excellence, because that is what is expected in CH.

Guys, in the end I think it all boils to high hopes & a very intense emotional investment; by Both teams, coaches, staffs & yes, even fans. We All want our team to win, especially a game where there are high stakes involved! Inevitably, however there can only be one victor & one who doesn't win... This doesn't mean they are losers though! Chapel Hill played their guts out last night & Everyone on Both sides were on the Edge of their seats! What More can we ask for in a football game??? It is human nature to ask why things turn out the way they do, & with time, regular breathing restores itself and life goes on; It's only a game, when it is looked at in its proper context. It isn't the End of The World! Chapel Hill has a Great High School Football program, from top to bottom, & the whole district, the Whole Town yet, ought to be Very Proud of their Bulldogs!!!😋