17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Maud Cardinals
    • Overton Mustangs

LJ6polr.jpgam2fB5s.jpg

Maud at Overton
7:30 p.m. Friday
Coach Roy Stadium
Two teams with a lot in common, and some pretty competitive matchups in recent years. They've played for playoff position and district titles, so having something on the line is nothing new. This year it's the third and final playoff spot. The winner has a shot at the postseason. The loser starts shooting hoops.
A lot in common between these two teams, including their results against common opponents. This one's too close to call.
I vacillate between homer and poormouther on this'n, but, really, I think it depends on which team plays consistently for four quarters. Yeah yeah, it sounds like something John Madden might say, but it's legit. Both teams have squandered leads and given up games they should've won. The winner is gonna have to play a complete game.
With fingers crossed, I think Overton takes this one—scoring late and holding on for a hard-fought win by a narrow margin.

I'm willing to bet Maud is going to need more than 11 offensive snaps to win.

Cobe averaged 33 yards a carry. Overton has got to get some stops. tighten up D!

For the third straight season, Overton finds itself in the post-season...

aJSu2zH.jpg

Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?

So it looks like Overton will face Normangee in bi-district. Anyone heard where yet?

The Godfather cannot say enough about how the Cardinals came out and fought all night long. To be down like they were and come back to take the lead in the second half as short handed as they were was a testament to their will and pride for themselves and their school. Those kids definitely deserved to win that game. Just came up a bit short. Several young players stepped up and filled roles last night pretty well.

No doubt, great comeback effort by Maud, but also credit to Overton for doing what they had to do.

The Cards scored late, had the momentum, but the 'Stangs kept their cool and put it in the end zone. Then, with the game on the line, stood firm defensively and held on for the W.

Overton's only got 4 seniors, and a bunch of underclassmen who are two-way starters as well as some freshmen who've been contributing all season. With an 8th grade that just won another district crown (that's three straight), the future is bright for the Mustangs.