Tyler Lee's Hidden Talent

Statistikal

Now that the regular season is over for Tyler Lee, I would like to share a story. A story of a kid who has played Varsity Level football since he was a sophomore. A kid who has been trained, during summer offseason, by the likes of Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys), Deion Sanders(Legend), Joe Haden (Cleveland Browns), Ed Reed (Texans, Legend), Lardarius Webb (Baltimore), Corey Mayfield (One Of The Best Position Coaches In Texas), Demond Dabney (Awesome Position Coach in Texas). A kid who is on the A/B Honor Roll. A kid whose Conduct on and off the field is exemplary. A kid whose work ethic is off the chart. A kid who was invited and attended The Under Armour Prime 21 Top WR/SLot/DB Athletes in the Nation, Camp. A kid who scored well at the Nike SPARQ Combine at Arlington Stadium. A kid, in which, his very own Head Coach (Darrell Piske), on multiple occasions, praised him on Sports Media (Bill Coates, Coaches Corner) when asked about. A kid whose stats, when allowed on the field, proved to be a contribution to the Team. We saw glimpses. And we saw his patience.

When Asked By some of the aboved mentioned Pro Athletes, Trainers, Coaches and Recruiters, "Why Isn't This Kid On The Field ??!!??", I Ask as well, Why ?

Silence....... Who Is He ? Well, due to the decision process of his leadership, I guess this will remain unknown to Lee Fans. If not for his the camps, along with summer coaches and trainers, actively assisting in exposure, outside of Friday Nights, this kid probably would not have been offered to play at the next level.

Tyler Lee Has Multiple Incredible Talents, however Tyler Lee suffers from some serious inside leadership and integrity issues.

So many athletes and parents depend on coaches to give some basic exposure to the recruitment process and serve them with the Best possible training for an opportunity of playing at the next level and leveraging college cost by way of scholarships to earn a degree. Amazing that most of the athletes there have no idea what the NCAA Eligibilty Center Is.

This Post will come under much scrutiny and dislike, however, if someone doesn't expose it for what it is, some other athlete and parent may suffer from the issues of leadership at Tyler Lee. This does not imply there is not or has not been Good Coaches on the staff at Lee, however, questions of unutilized talent and integrity is presented after watching Tyler Lee's past performances of players and coaches knowing there were frustrated and untapped resources watching from the bench.

Not to be mean or disrepectful, but this sounds like the rantings of a #### off parent about not getting enough playing time for their son. Whoever this is needs to go to the coaches and hash it out if true IMO.

Guest Woolybully

I agree that Tyler Lee has issues, but if any coach has a kid THAT good then they would play him. I can not imagine a kid of such great talent not starting. Maybe the kid is not as good as you think he is. As far as the pros that have trained him...are you not paying them? Well that tells me they will not say the kid is bad, but would say things to keep the $125/hr (typical fee) coming in during the summer (pros only receive a check during the season). I can call Piske and ask him for you, his number is in the directory.

1st I would say that I don't know of this situation but just from the outside looking in I'd say that as a parent I wouldn't put all of my eggs in one basket. I'd make sure my child is well rounded academically and athletically.

Also camps can't be the final verdict as to whether someone is 5 star or not, most times you are paying those people for their assessment of that particular athlete. Chemistry is also something to be factored in when dealing with a team sport, if you are talking about a wide receiver then how does he react when the ball isn't right on the money? Does he show up his quarterback? Lay out to make the catch? or give up on the route? If something negative happens is he proactive? Or becoming a problem? If your qb can't trust the wide receiver to be in the spot he's supposed to be in then that WR might find himself on the bench. Sometimes you may have someone that is a better athlete on the bench because when they are out there they aren't blocking well when a run play is called/giving max effort.

This situation sounds toxic, I'd just want to make sure I have made every effort to become part of the solution. I don't think coaches behind closed doors say "This is the 1st time I've ever seen Johnny play and I don't like him, he will never play for me." Athletes actions may force a coach to make that decision but that's usually after they have been burned on multiple occasions.

Coaches are humans; sometimes people look at them and expect them not to be. This is the one of few professions in which we ask coaches to constantly wipe the slate clean everyday. Look at the business world- If you invest in something that turns out to cost you thousands of dollars then the next time you are told to do the same exact thing you may have some apprehension. In education and teaching if a kid is a total #### to you one day, the next day you are told to forget about it and teach them and coach them no matter what they've done to you before, got to get them to pass the test or you may lose your job due to poor performance. As a human are told to learn from your mistakes, as an educator/coach what are you supposed to do? Keep wiping the slate clean?

Training came from summer camps that had some of these pro athletes at. Also many ex-nfl trainers will bring in active pros to do several sessions with their clients at no extra cost to client. As far as cost, I can confirm the price was not high for this particular instance. And also, I have watched video in which statements were made that he is a good athlete by the coach and sports commentator. By those statements alone you would figure this kid would be seeing more playing time. And thanks but a call to either Coach Dabney or Coach Mayfield who played and coached at every level who are also respected Coaches/Trainers for Pro, College and High School will confirm what I stated. I have their numbers along with some of the others as well.

just wondering as a coach why you wouldn't put the best 11 on the field. Could be discipline issues or not knowing the plays. Could have said the wrong thing or messing around in class. Numerous reasons. Obliviously there is other issues beneath the surface, If the kid is that good.

Yeah, I kinda figured mentioning Deion was gonna sting. And of course I expected to be caned to death for mentioning anything as far as leadership and integrity on an open forum.

Juwan Banks #4

I never stated the kid was a 5 star. Yes I am a good friend of Coach Corey Mayfield. and I'm sure if you Youtube or Google Banks, or call and speak with Bill Coates about him, you will see he is a good athlete. As far as posting the stupidest post, weeeeellll ok I will take that too. I heard this kid's story directly from him as well as several of his teammates who are starters and a former coach. More to the story ? maybe ? At the end of the day is it questionable ? For me absolutely.

Who am I ? http://www.allstatesugarbowl.org/site320.php

Yeah, I kinda figured mentioning Deion was gonna sting. And of course I expected to be caned to death for mentioning anything as far as leadership and integrity on an open forum.

Juwan Banks #4

I never stated the kid was a 5 star. Yes I am a good friend of Coach Corey Mayfield. and I'm sure if you Youtube or Google Banks, or call and speak with Bill Coates about him, you will see he is a good athlete. As far as posting the stupidest post, weeeeellll ok I will take that too. I heard this kid's story directly from him as well as several of his teammates who are starters and a former coach. More to the story ? maybe ? At the end of the day is it questionable ? For me absolutely.

Who am I ? http://www.allstatesugarbowl.org/site320.php

wow.... that's all I can say.... wow. Congrats to Lee and best of luck against Midway! wow.