White Oak vs Redwater

snuffy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the most exciting RW playoff game I have ever seen. RW fans had their hearts ripped out in the final minutes only to score on a miracle play to win. RW defense keeps showing me their grit here lately. WO QB was pressured for most of the game and never really got comfortable in the pocket. Waiting for that consumption of crow to be eaten by some of the WO fans who predicted a blow out.

I just read the Texarkana Gazette article on this game. It sounds like Redwater's defense won this game. I could swear I read where RW had 8 sacks and forced 3 turnovers! Another two interesting stats I saw was WO had 13 first downs to RW's 9.

Another cool thing to think about is that none of RW's rushers had over 100 yards. I can't remember WO's passing stats exactly either but they were pretty low too. Read somewhere that RW had pressure on the QB all night. Defensive game for sure.

Hoping for the sweep. The big question will be PL vs Mineola!

Go Dragons!!!!!

I wouldn't say "mistake free" there were a ton of dropped passes and allot of passes thrown to nothing but turf, good game rw clearly you guys wanted to win more than we did, good luck to you guys

Well....it's very rare for a team to commit 0 penalties and a completely clean game at any level. To me that says they are well coached. Maybe RW did want it more and I really think that WO came in thinking this would be a lot like the first game of the year. WO kids showed determination to put 15 points up in the 4th to go ahead for the win. I have nothing but respect for the WO team, coaches, and community. I wouldn't be ashamed to have my kids play ball there.

I hope at some point I get to see that 65 yard touchdown run to end the game. That had to be the best run/TD in RW history. Heard he broke several tackles on the way to the end zone.