Bi-District Kilgore vs Jasper

WhoamI97539

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. i am glad tiger (#12 qb )williams and randy(#5 rb) spikes have had the spotlight as of late. helps to keep our sure handed with a a good set of wheels 6'7" tightend and the other very capable wideouts we have on the down low. GO DAWGS!!

For real ?! I thought the tight end was only 6'5". He must still be growing. That shows how much I know. I do know this. Down low is right. I saw the certified fastest runner in the state fail to catch him on a race to the end zone. The state 100m champion (Texas A&M commit) only managed to match him step for step; did not gain on him at all. After making a great catch of a long pass, he went all the way untouched for a Jasper TD. Not bad speed for a tight end.

Undoubtedly, Kilgore will have similar speed and ability. I am looking for this to be a good, competitive game. I am ready for game time right now!

For real ?! I thought the tight end was only 6'5". He must still be growing. That shows how much I know. I do know this. Down low is right. I saw the certified fastest runner in the state fail to catch him on a race to the end zone. The state 100m champion (Texas A&M commit) only managed to match him step for step; did not gain on him at all. After making a great catch of a long pass, he went all the way untouched for a Jasper TD. Not bad speed for a tight end.

Undoubtedly, Kilgore will have similar speed and ability. I am looking for this to be a good, competitive game. I am ready for game time right now!

Kilgore is getting back to strength; You can Bet they will give you one Heck of a game!

This should be a great game and as a Jasper guy, I'm nervous. We're playing great football right now and I think we'll go as far as our defense can take us. Williams and Spikes are both dynamic runners and they're bound to break at least a couple of big plays, but we have to get stops on defense. Williams is a capable thrower, but we're a better team when that's not a big part of the offense...as evidenced by the ONE called pass play (69-yd TD from Williams to Spikes) in the entire Silsbee game. I'll take Jasper 28-20.

The key to this game is whether Kilgore can successfully defend the option. A short week to prepare from a team that is not afraid to pitch the ball anywhere on the field.... that also has a negative for Jasper as well as it opens up the possibility of throwing it on the ground. Kilgore is good defensively and Jasper is not as strong defensively. Neither team in my opinion throw the ball very well at all. Special teams/kicking game gives the edge to Kilgore as well. Strength of schedule goes to Kilgore as well. I say this #4 team wins.

This should be a great game and as a Jasper guy, I'm nervous. We're playing great football right now and I think we'll go as far as our defense can take us. Williams and Spikes are both dynamic runners and they're bound to break at least a couple of big plays, but we have to get stops on defense. Williams is a capable thrower, but we're a better team when that's not a big part of the offense...as evidenced by the ONE called pass play (69-yd TD from Williams to Spikes) in the entire Silsbee game. I'll take Jasper 28-20.

That pass play was truly a thing of beauty. There are probably QB's in the NFL that could not have made as good a throw dropping the ball in over the coverage like he did. And it was not like Spikes was not covered on the play. Silsbee had their defensive guys there and Spikes just took the ball away from them and sprinted to the end zone.

That pass play was truly a thing of beauty. There are probably QB's in the NFL that could not have made as good a throw dropping the ball in over the coverage like he did. And it was not like Spikes was not covered on the play. Silsbee had their defensive guys there and Spikes just took the ball away from them and sprinted to the end zone.

Yeah u can already tell Jasper doesn't pass and they really struggle at the passing gm. Because all I keep hearing is about is 1 passing TD for the whole season and how the qb threw that one pass. I will say if Kilgore slows Jasper's running gm it's going to be a long cold night for Jasper's Offense. As for Kilgore unfortunately they have a decent passing gm even with a 3rd string qb he is starting to get more and more comfortable under the center and he is learning more plays. The young man has a cannon on him and he isn't afraid to tuck the ball and take off. But if Justice and Sanders get going and Kilgore doesn't turn the ball over or get drive killing penalties then they will win this gm by a good margin. JMO can't wait till tomorrow night! Another DOG BATTLE!

Yeah u can already tell Jasper doesn't pass and they really struggle at the passing gm. Because all I keep hearing is about is 1 passing TD for the whole season and how the qb threw that one pass. I will say if Kilgore slows Jasper's running gm it's going to be a long cold night for Jasper's Offense. As for Kilgore unfortunately they have a decent passing gm even with a 3rd string qb he is starting to get more and more comfortable under the center and he is learning more plays. The young man has a cannon on him and he isn't afraid to tuck the ball and take off. But if Justice and Sanders get going and Kilgore doesn't turn the ball over or get drive killing penalties then they will win this gm by a good margin. JMO can't wait till tomorrow night! Another DOG BATTLE!

The only reason that the one pass is brought up so much is that it was the only called pass play all night against Silsbee. It doesn't mean that Jasper is incapable of throwing the ball. If they knew they could dominate a game with that game plan, why wouldn't they call it that way? Find me one coach in Texas that wouldn't do the same thing Barbay and Jasper did in that situation.