Carthage vs Little Cypress-Mauriceville

CarthDawg77

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that it is won in one place...the trenches. And that's one thing that lcm DOMINATES in. Therefore I have lcm DOMINATING Carthage by 24 points....

How did LC-M manage to lose 5 games this season, given their dominance in the trenches?

How did Carthage lose the same number of games if they are so great??

I don't think anyone's saying Carthage is a "great" football team. They are playing better football at the right time. They won 4 straight to end the year after a tough start. Surratt is a great coach and his playoff record speaks for itself. I'm saying Carthage by 7.

I don't think anyone's saying Carthage is a "great" football team. They are playing better football at the right time. They won 4 straight to end the year after a tough start. Surratt is a great coach and his playoff record speaks for itself. I'm saying Carthage by 7.

I didn't know this but Surratt Coached at LCM in the mid 90s and we went to a state championship in baseball once in that time frame. Kinda interesting. I'm still thinking this will be a close game by the 4th quarter Hopfully LCM on top by whatever

How did Carthage lose the same number of games if they are so great??

No one is saying they're great this year but here's the deal. Carthage is 5-5 because they have one of the toughest schedules in the state and this team is EXTREMELY young and it just took some time for them to gel. The next two years I expect them to be playing for title or being very close to playing for one. We have freshmen and sophmores playing huge roles on this team, but with that being said I expect Carthage to win by 14.

LCM is 5-5 but if Carthage had that schedule they would be 8-2, maybe 9-1. No disrespect, but the strength of schedule doesn't lie. Can LCM win, yes definitely but I just think it will be the Bulldogs night.

I've said it before, Carthage don't mind bein' the underdawg!😜

I wouldn't call them the underdog if almost everyone is picking them to win. Just don't be surprised if LCM isn't what you thought they were. They're from puny little Southeast Texas where they don't know how to play football. Maybe all teams from SETX should just concede defeat, because from the way this whole thing sounds, teams south of Woodville are so incredibly inferior.

I wouldn't call them the underdog if almost everyone is picking them to win. Just don't be surprised if LCM isn't what you thought they were. They're from puny little Southeast Texas where they don't know how to play football. Maybe all teams from SETX should just concede defeat, because from the way this whole thing sounds, teams south of Woodville are so incredibly inferior.

No disrespect intended we just respect each other here in our area because we see what has happened on a pretty regular basis for our district. 2010 you had an all ETX SC and then again in 2013. you almost had it in the past in 91 between Carthage and Ch. you almost had a rematch in 2011 Hen and CH. SO we aren't saying you guys can't play ball. At the same time On SETX you guys aren't really giving our district a shot either. So its truly a battle of unknowns for us accept for jasper. Every Team in DOD has played Jasper at some point and we know they always have talent and can play. The whole state is aware of places like WOS because of great athletes however it is an unknown when LCM and Huffman are good at times as well as Silsbee. There is going to be 4 great games starting tonight and we are always going to pull for our district mates as I'm pretty sure you guys will as well. We know you guys can play however all of our teams lost a lot accept for Henderson who has a lot of seniors and some of them were on the 2012 team that made a deep run before losing the rematch with Gilmer who went on to play in the SC. So yes by our standards Carthage will be an underdog with a young and injured team.

Let's be honest you guys aren't really known for Championships. East texas is esp in 4A and below. Depends how far south you go when talking titles. Aka Wimberley, katy, LaMarque ect.. I talking deep woods guys. I can only think of maybe Newton that can claim what Carthage, Gilmer, chapel hill, Henderson, Kilgore got.

Well that's our football team. The deepest we went in the playoffs was in 1997 and lost to the state champion La Marque. In 1997 we did knock out Whitehouse in the area round 20 to 7. I don't know how good Whitehouse is but they were from East Texas. The next few years our district was tough. 1999 Png made it to the championship and followed by Wos in 2000. Then we hired a coached that wasn't very good and brought us 8 and 28 in like 4 years. Crouch has slowly brought us forward and has us Atleast making the playoffs. I'm not saying we couldn't be better with a different staff but it's who we have. Our baseball and softball have both played in championship games. Our band went went to state this year maybe we can dress a few band members out

Fair enough but don't let that 5-5 record fool you they are still Carthage and have Elite coaching.

Oh i believe Carthage is going to be a good football team. I just don't think they will beat us 60 to nothing. I think it will be a close battle unless turnovers play a factor. What is Carthage enrollment? Most likely we will be back in 5a after these two years are up

Oh i believe Carthage is going to be a good football team. I just don't think they will beat us 60 to nothing. I think it will be a close battle unless turnovers play a factor. What is Carthage enrollment? Most likely we will be back in 5a after these two years are up

No one ever said we would hang 60 on you; That's Gilmer's M.O.