Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove

Buckeye22

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see 2 post on here saying PG will play hard? I have seen a bunch of football games and cant recall a team NOT playing hard!! Can someone please explain to me what "playing hard" means? I have seen this on several PG topics. As you can see I am close to Arkansas which means I am very familiar with Texarkana teams. PG, Texas High, LE, Arkansas High, Atlanta, Hooks, NB, Gilmer, Tatum etc. all "play hard".

Someone please help me out with this and explain what you mean. Are you trying to say they will lose but give their all? Well, I think every team on Friday gives their all or they probably wouldnt be out there. If there is a team that wont "play hard" everyone needs to schedule them.

I see 2 post on here saying PG will play hard? I have seen a bunch of football games and cant recall a team NOT playing hard!! Can someone please explain to me what "playing hard" means? I have seen this on several PG topics. As you can see I am close to Arkansas which means I am very familiar with Texarkana teams. PG, Texas High, LE, Arkansas High, Atlanta, Hooks, NB, Gilmer, Tatum etc. all "play hard".

Someone please help me out with this and explain what you mean. Are you trying to say they will lose but give their all? Well, I think every team on Friday gives their all or they probably wouldnt be out there. If there is a team that wont "play hard" everyone needs to schedule them.

There have been times in the recent past where we didn't "play hard." This year has been a great experience for the fans as well as the players. The new/rejuvenated coaching staff has given these boys pride and you can see it. So, no we won't lay down for a good team and we will give them a game.

Go Hawks!

There have been times in the recent past where we didn't "play hard." This year has been a great experience for the fans as well as the players. The new/rejuvenated coaching staff has given these boys pride and you can see it. So, no we won't lay down for a good team and we will give them a game.

Go Hawks!

I guess? I have seen PG play for many many years and yes the RECENT past was not great but not due to not "playing hard", it was due to lack of talent. Yes this years team has a new AD and his brother but I think most of the coaches stayed put except for some moving positions. This year they have a couple of kids that were not varsity players (Walker for example) the last few years and they make a big difference. PG has some young talent in the lower grades and the staff just needs to make sure they continue to play football. 2 of the best soph athletes didnt even play this year??

CanAm, I believe what they are saying is that Pleasant Grove will paly hard, and not just give up because it is the Buckeyes they are playing. I am sure they play hard in every game they play in. If they didn't there would be no point in playing the game anyway.

Agreed. I posted on another topic about the LE vs. Gilmer game in 2006. Everyone said LE should not even show up but guess what...they did and beat the Bux in Longview. No PG is not near the team LE was that year but anything can happen on Friday nights. WHAT IF..PG keeps the ball on all their drives and burns the clock like they plan to do and scores on those drives? Well Gilmer may get back and score quick BUT could easily turn the ball over a few times. JUST NEVER KNOW. Yes I think Gilmer will and should win big but you never know. GILMER WILL ALSO PLAY HARD!!

Agreed. I posted on another topic about the LE vs. Gilmer game in 2006. Everyone said LE should not even show up but guess what...they did and beat the Bux in Longview. No PG is not near the team LE was that year but anything can happen on Friday nights. WHAT IF..PG keeps the ball on all their drives and burns the clock like they plan to do and scores on those drives? Well Gilmer may get back and score quick BUT could easily turn the ball over a few times. JUST NEVER KNOW. Yes I think Gilmer will and should win big but you never know. GILMER WILL ALSO PLAY HARD!!

Gilmer plays quick...hit 'em fast, hit 'em hard...hit 'em often...LE has been taking pay back ever since