Chapel Hill vs Huffman-Hargrave

CHDog77

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the coaches go, I am. On a personal level no.

I don't know the OC or the RB coach. A few of the guys are new I believe. But the OC and RB coach has got to be the better than what they are. I know this game, and I know the kids on the field, and the two coaches that are the biggest "Achiest heel to the team as a whole. Thats no more saying they are not good men as if someone told me I was the weak link on my job.

Hard for me to believe that coaches are worried about what's said on here especially after losing the last 2 games. Can u imagine our coaches in a discussion about Smoaky posts to Uncertain.

Uncertain: Hey Coach how u doing?

"CH Coach": good Uncertain.

Uncertain: you ever heard of Smoaky and heard of a StankyLeg or any of the other posters?

"CH Coach": oh yeah I wish he/they would introduce themselves so we can set some stuff straight.

Uncertain: ok coach I'll let them know.

"CH Coach": ok thanks Uncertain.

Found some offensive stats online about Huffman. Looks like before their starting QB got hurt he was putting up huge numbers through the air and some running threat as well. They have a 6'5'' receiver who's committed to Houston. Having trouble finding any of their defensive stats.

Found some offensive stats online about Huffman. Looks like before their starting QB got hurt he was putting up huge numbers through the air and some running threat as well. They have a 6'5'' receiver who's committed to Houston. Having trouble finding any of their defensive stats.

6'5".... That's serious height and a deep ball threat.

6'5".... That's serious height and a deep ball threat.

they gave him the ball a lot of sweeps. I would question the 6'5 maybe 6'3 but I was in the stands. He wasn't very speedy. The starting Qb never came in but back up is good.

How was their run game?

well they used jet sweep with the wr#1 a lot trying to get outside I think one of his longest runs was called back for holding. There run game was average. They threw a lot of short passes. They did break one big run at end of the game with the tailback. i didn't see any of Huffman guys with break away speed. They pooched kicked the ball off to us every time and wouldn't kick it deep. If yall have speed I'm sure they will do the same

Maybe I'm missing something, but why all the :crybaby: stuff about the "jet sweep", am I missing something with CH and the jet?

CH has run had the Jet Sweep in their repertoire for many moons, but for some reason this year it just hasn't been productive. 39 attempts for 63 yards on the season, that comes to 1.6 yds/attempt. Don't get me wrong CH has scored with it 1 time this year, but it just seems to go backwards just as much as it goes forwards. Against Henderson that play went 4 for -12 yards. I was pleasantly surprised not to see it at all against Carthage.

CH has run had the Jet Sweep in their repertoire for many moons, but for some reason this year it just hasn't been productive. 39 attempts for 63 yards on the season, that comes to 1.6 yds/attempt. Don't get me wrong CH has scored with it 1 time this year, but it just seems to go backwards just as much as it goes forwards. Against Henderson that play went 4 for -12 yards. I was pleasantly surprised not to see it at all against Carthage.

When your opponent knows what you are going to do, half his work is done, all he has to do is learn the best way to defend against it; That is what cost Carthage their first Championship back in '91 in the Astrodome against A&M Consolidated. We brought Nothing different into that game other than what we had done All year long, & @ 15-0 going in, it had been Highly successful; However, A& M really did their homework on us & countered Everything we did & beat us. They were Very good!

I think what hurts Ch on the jet sweep is that there is not much threat of the QB pulling the handoff and taking it himself. Some teams use it like a triple option with the Jet, RB, and QB. I would like to see CH implement some type of an option play if Minor is still QB this week. Maybe get him #2 and #28 in the backfield together. I could see that really confusing an aggressive defense.