Shelbyville vs Ore City

TWB

Shelbyville. Seen them play and if they are decently healthy they will win. Very shocked anyone beat them 34-6 or whatever it was against west sabine. Was also shocked to see San Augustine play them as close as they did.

Not that shocking since they really haven't played a good team before the SA game...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well see, the way it works is, it's only a quality win if it's a team that could beat SA. And those teams... Get wait a second!

I was surprised how easily West Sabine beat Shelbyville. I did not think WS would be that much better because a 3rd place team in our district EF beat them pretty easily. EF is not a slouch though. I don't know I just assumed they would go undefeated from the things I had been reading. Not pretending to know anything about y'all's teams at all.

I was surprised how easily West Sabine beat Shelbyville. I did not think WS would be that much better because a 3rd place team in our district EF beat them pretty easily. EF is not a slouch though. I don't know I just assumed they would go undefeated from the things I had been reading. Not pretending to know anything about y'all's teams at all.

Shelbyville, WS, Beckville, and Joaquin all suffered from injury issues at various times. The injury bug bit Shelbyville late. I know SA's QB missed a couple of non-district games. I don't know that anybody played anybody with both teams completely healthy. WS won the district, yet in week 2 they were one play away from losing to Joaquin, who didn't make the playoffs. A loss there would have likely left the Tigers sitting at home. This was a week after Shelbyville beat Joaquin by 30. Beckville got blown out 3 weeks in a row, then showed up in week 11 hitting on all 8. SA looked lost against Joaquin's offense, then a week later against Shelbyville they looked great. The most consistent team in the district was Cushing.

Shelbyville, WS, Beckville, and Joaquin all suffered from injury issues at various times. The injury bug bit Shelbyville late. I know SA's QB missed a couple of non-district games. I don't know that anybody played anybody with both teams completely healthy. WS won the district, yet in week 2 they were one play away from losing to Joaquin, who didn't make the playoffs. A loss there would have likely left the Tigers sitting at home. This was a week after Shelbyville beat Joaquin by 30. Beckville got blown out 3 weeks in a row, then showed up in week 11 hitting on all 8. SA looked lost against Joaquin's offense, then a week later against Shelbyville they looked great. The most consistent team in the district was Cushing.

I can imagine injuries of top players can really hurt y'all. I know it could hurt us very bad if key players got hurt. We probably don't have as many going both ways. We have a few that do but they do not have to stay in all the time on either side of the ball. We are deep at our skill position players except Qb. Hopefully y'all will all get healthy for the playoffs.

So Joaquin played sville hard?

We played hard. Untimely mistakes that Shelbyville capitalized on pushed the point spread a little further. But out of the teams in the district, they were the only ones that I thought was clearly better than us. The district was very even. We beat SA, who was a play short of beating Shelbyville. All four of us had games where we felt like we left something on the table.

So Joaquin played sville hard?

This is not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. I've watched every game S'ville has played this season and the last two weeks are the worst I've seen them play. Both SA and West Sabine played well, but S'ville failed to execute routine blocks. Linemen are too high, backs are missing cuts, defense is missing tackles. Playing SA and WS does not make the job easier but it's still on us to make the play.

If what I have heard is really true and 2 players have been kicked off the team for playing a little backyard basketball while not on school property, I might add, the community of Shelbyville will NOT stand for this. These kids have played their hearts out for their team and school and this is just not right! Like I said, if it is true, Ferguson probably just signed his walking papers!

Happy to see Shelbyville having a winning football program again and I think it will continue for a few years to come. They have lots of talented kids coming up!. This year reminds me of 2010 & 2011 when they had: Brown, Rabalais, Estes, Adams, Deal & Cartwright. If those kids would have been coached by Ferguson, no doubt they would have gone deep into the playoffs! Good luck to Shelbyville, great group of boys with lots of heart!

WE WILL WIN

In this post you make him sound like he walks on water. That what the staff back in 2010 did wasn't anything like what he could have done. Now your saying he has sealed his fate and should expect his walking papers. Which is it??

What I mean is with the talent and strength those kids that I mentioned had, his coaching style would have worked better for them. I do like the way he coaches the kids on the fundamentals of football. Not being lazy and willing to work out with them and not just watch while eating a burger! I do not approve of his actions on this matter and believe it could have be handled in a much different manner. Like I stated in my prior post, IF ALL OF THIS IS TRUE, the community as a whole will not stand for it. We as adults know it's just high school sports and in a few years these kids will look back on it and probably think the same thing, but for the kids playing the high school sport, It means the world to them and it's their time to shine. These boys were not out getting high or drunk, they were just playing a little backyard basketball and this is NOT the way they should be punished!!! Now, did that answer your question Dawg68.

If this is true then I change my prediction. First round exit for the Dragons. Even with able bodied replacements this will kill the "team" concept and cause lots of disruption. So sad for the Dragons team and VERY sad for any seniors on the team. Surely there is more to this than kids just shooting hoops at home. Hope all is well in Sville, they've worked too hard to have it end this way!