Shelbyville vs Ore City

TWB

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the kids that got kicked off the team was playing "backyard basketball" last year during football season. Torn ACL and was out for basketball season too. So maybe this is the reason for the rule?? To protect his players after he witnessed this happen? Who knows. But the rules were set back before football started and each kid on that team knew the rules and the consequences. Most don't agree with his rules but at the end of the day that is HIS athletic program.

Attention: SHELBYVILLE DRAGONS FAN!

Coach Ferguson has taken the liberty of dismissing two of our star players from the team as of this morning. CJ Watson and Quay Mallard. This was done on the grounds that they broke a "rule" stating that they were not supposed to play any other sports during said season (Football). Logic would say that they must have been playing some other type of organized sport without authorization...This was not the case.

After watching film on Saturday CJ and Quay participated in a pick up game of basketball OFF OF SCHOOL PROPERTY with their friends. As Shelbyville Fans, we must stand up for our players and their rights. These are our children and they have worked extremely hard for their accomplishments. The grounds for which they were dismissed is outrageous!

(This is a post that was shared on facebook!)

If you be really quiet, put your hand to your ear and lean waaay to the left you can hear the sound of the Dragons season imploding. Suspending two of your best players before a playoff game? Not exactly dealing with a Lombardi-like or Landry-esque brain here! No wonder they haven't won a playoff game in forever. That happens when you shoot yourself in the foot. So apparently the PLAYERS voted to suspend them? Did I read that correctly? Sincerely HOPE this ISN'T true and is just a rumor, because if it turns out to be true (and that's IF), it shows that there's a few spines missing on the coaching staff in DragonLand. I sincerely hope nothing transpired like this, and I am NOT labeling the entire staff, but this, if indeed true, gives someone from the outside looking in that idea........

One of the kids that got kicked off the team was playing "backyard basketball" last year during football season. Torn ACL and was out for basketball season too. So maybe this is the reason for the rule?? To protect his players after he witnessed this happen? Who knows. But the rules were set back before football started and each kid on that team knew the rules and the consequences. Most don't agree with his rules but at the end of the day that is HIS athletic program.

This is true, but he may have just cost HIS program a playoff game. Anyone who tells an opposing QB to kiss his TobinFrost after he just made him look ridiculous deserves what he gets. You're supposed to be a grown up, coach.

This is true, but he may have just cost HIS program a playoff game. Anyone who tells an opposing QB to kiss his TobinFrost after he just made him look ridiculous deserves what he gets. You're supposed to be a grown up, coach.

What he did against SA was wayyy worse!

did he really tell a player that??? if that is true that shows a lot about the school for the type of coaches they hire

So let me get this straight. WStiger96 since you did not mention a certain coach or coaches I assume you are saying all Shelbyville coaches are spineless. If this is not the case please say so. I have a word of advice for some of the cowards that hide behind screen names on this and other boards, but before I do I am just trying to see what group you fall in. I also realize this only applies to very few posters on here such as SA Wolfmarine and Lambo. I sincerely apologize if I offended any of the innocent. I am truly sorry. Have a great day.

I spoke to several of the players Tuesday night. They were very upbeat and positive. They feel like they have two very good practices under their belt this week and they are hungry for their first playoff win! I'm confident is what I have seen from the players this week.

Shelbyville over Ore City

So let me get this straight. WStiger96 since you did not mention a certain coach or coaches I assume you are saying all Shelbyville coaches are spineless. If this is not the case please say so. I have a word of advice for some of the cowards that hide behind screen names on this and other boards, but before I do I am just trying to see what group you fall in. I also realize this only applies to very few posters on here such as SA Wolfmarine and Lambo. I sincerely apologize if I offended any of the innocent. I am truly sorry. Have a great day.

If you read my post I said I sincerely hope it didn't go down this way. And I wasn't labeling the entire staff that's an error on my part and for that I apologize. If I too have offended anyone I am sincerely sorry.

If you read my post I said I sincerely hope it didn't go down this way. And I wasn't labeling the entire staff that's an error on my part and for that I apologize. If I too have offended anyone I am sincerely sorry.

I am no coward, sir. I also didn't cuss out my own players from the press box. I was in the press box and I heard (along with about four others in the box with me) very colorful language that I refuse to repeat on here REPEATEDLY towards HIS OWN players! I know it was in the heat of the moment (the press box language) but it just sounds unprofessional.

Nobody cares what you think of them...I'll say it straight to your face if you want me too! If ferguson did to my kids like he did the SA player or the WS player there will be problems and I can assure you that he would not think about doing it again!

Nobody cares what you think of them...I'll say it straight to your face if you want me too! If ferguson did to my kids like he did the SA player or the WS player there will be problems and I can assure you that he would not think about doing it again!

Lol @ wolf puppy

If you be really quiet, put your hand to your ear and lean waaay to the left you can hear the sound of the Dragons season imploding. Suspending two of your best players before a playoff game? Not exactly dealing with a Lombardi-like or Landry-esque brain here! No wonder they haven't won a playoff game in forever. That happens when you shoot yourself in the foot. So apparently the PLAYERS voted to suspend them? Did I read that correctly? Sincerely HOPE this ISN'T true and is just a rumor, because if it turns out to be true (and that's IF), it shows that there's a few spines missing on the coaching staff in DragonLand. I sincerely hope nothing transpired like this, and I am NOT labeling the entire staff, but this, if indeed true, gives someone from the outside looking in that idea........

I am sure Shelbyville has great coaches on their staff...but the work of one makes them all look bad. And I do know that shelbyville has some great people in it...but every since their tenaha game it's gotten worse on here. I hope the shelbyville boys can get a win regardless of what is going on this week!

Anybody from Ore City on here?

no but plenty of folks that can't even find Shelbyville on a map all of a sudden have a vested interest in all things red and black.

I have read Smoaky since David started it. I still read it everyday. This season I have read posts (mainly from wolfman and Lambo) where people are calling the entire community of Shelbyville, all the fans, all the kids, and all the coaches classless . The mentality of some of the posters on Smoaky amaze me. Some posters use their secret identity to trash others and anytime you do this you are coward. When you make derogatory blanket statements about an entire group or population, you are a coward. I do not think when David started this board that he intended for it to sink to this level.These type of posts are a black eye to all of East Texas, high school football, and more importantly the people. I have not in all the years this board has existed attacked anyone or any groups character. It is hard enough on a teenager in these times to grow up to be good productive Christian person with all the pitfalls satan has put before them. For some reason there are people always trying to tear things down to help them feel better about themselves even if it hurts the kids. If this describes you, then you are a coward. I have been in coaching for 32 years. I have coached in Garrison, Carlisle, Beckville, Rusk, Shelbyville, Hemphill, and Center. My immediate family has played football for Shelbyville, Hemphill, West Sabine, and Joaquin. I have also coached against every school I mentioned. You can ask anyone you want and the kids will tell you that I loved them no matter what side of the field I was on. The kids are why I do what I do even though I could have retired three years ago. The only thing that makes me think about leaving coaching is some of the idiot adults I get to deal with. My love for all the kids will keep me around even with all the insanity of some adults. This is not a blanket statement , I know it does not apply to most. Just remember our kids are the greatest gift God gave us.We should all cherish each and every one. WStiger96 I would like to inform you that my name is on many of my previous posts so pot and kettle statements are not correct.The first thing I did after I shook hands and congratulated West Sabine was to find Lance Johnson and tell him I loved him and I was proud for him because we are of the same blood. Now on to other matters. WStiger96 and Wolfman since you two are so eager to tell me off to my face and now you know I am just an old coach why don't you both come together and you can both can rub my nose in it. I coach in Shelbyville. I live in Patroon Tx. I am not hard to find. Just ask for Mickey Smith. Have a nice day.

I have read Smoaky since David started it. I still read it everyday. This season I have read posts (mainly from wolfman and Lambo) where people are calling the entire community of Shelbyville, all the fans, all the kids, and all the coaches classless . The mentality of some of the posters on Smoaky amaze me. Some posters use their secret identity to trash others and anytime you do this you are coward. When you make derogatory blanket statements about an entire group or population, you are a coward. I do not think when David started this board that he intended for it to sink to this level.These type of posts are a black eye to all of East Texas, high school football, and more importantly the people. I have not in all the years this board has existed attacked anyone or any groups character. It is hard enough on a teenager in these times to grow up to be good productive Christian person with all the pitfalls satan has put before them. For some reason there are people always trying to tear things down to help them feel better about themselves even if it hurts the kids. If this describes you, then you are a coward. I have been in coaching for 32 years. I have coached in Garrison, Carlisle, Beckville, Rusk, Shelbyville, Hemphill, and Center. My immediate family has played football for Shelbyville, Hemphill, West Sabine, and Joaquin. I have also coached against every school I mentioned. You can ask anyone you want and the kids will tell you that I loved them no matter what side of the field I was on. The kids are why I do what I do even though I could have retired three years ago. The only thing that makes me think about leaving coaching is some of the idiot adults I get to deal with. My love for all the kids will keep me around even with all the insanity of some adults. This is not a blanket statement , I know it does not apply to most. Just remember our kids are the greatest gift God gave us.We should all cherish each and every one. WStiger96 I would like to inform you that my name is on many of my previous posts so pot and kettle statements are not correct.The first thing I did after I shook hands and congratulated West Sabine was to find Lance Johnson and tell him I loved him and I was proud for him because we are of the same blood. Now on to other matters. WStiger96 and Wolfman since you two are so eager to tell me off to my face and now you know I am just an old coach why don't you both come together and you can both can rub my nose in it. I coach in Shelbyville. I live in Patroon Tx. I am not hard to find. Just ask for Mickey Smith. Have a nice day.

that is class

My name is chase lambright im 21 years old and I like long walks on the beach my favorite beer it miller lite I recently quit smoking and it only worsened my dipping habit I graduated from Joaquin in 2011 and I played 3 1/2 years of varsity football I have a 20 month old son named Ryder blayne and I work at Louisiana pacific in Carthage. If you wanna know anything else just ask. Its stupid to even assume I hide behind a screen name.

No one called your kids classless just your boss there hoss.