Shelbyville vs Ore City

TWB

"None of you know a single thing about what has happened in Shelbyville. Not a single critical perspective has any shred of truth to it. Not a single kid got kicked off the team for playing any game. As much as you would all like to make it something that absurd so you can place all the blame on the coach or staff and not the kids, it is still not true. There were boys who violated a team policy or rule knowing they were in violation all the while. There were teammates who asked them what they were doing, why and warned them to stop. They refused. They deliberately went forward with their violation. There was a choice to be made and consequences to the choice as in all choices any of us make. This was a repeated offense by the players in question. Both had violated these rules before and both chose to violate TEAM rules again, forsaking their TEAM. I am extremely close to this team and this situation and know almost exactly everything that has happened. Both players deliberately violated rules they both had been held accountable for before. Both players knew the risk of being suspended or removed from the team were they to violate similar rules again. Both players were suspended. Only one player chose to make an effort to "make right" what he had made wrong. It is my understanding he is back on the team and will play this week against Ore City. Why is it so many cowards, who know nothing about the actual situation come running to the aid of those who knowingly violated So, in closing, let's all grow up, stop believing anything and everything one reads on the internet. Let's stop believing what children tell us. Let's find out facts before spewing ridiculous lies based on nothing and let's all try to find out what the truth actually is. Let's all get back to following rules and understanding and supporting the concept that rules are meant to be followed and there are good and bad consequences to consider for our actions. And I know it is a foreign concept these days, but how about somebody who expresses a seemingly legitimate concern go talk to someone face to face? Social media has done nothing but encourage the cowardice that lies within the human race. I have had the opportunity to visit with and get to know, in a limited sense, every coach we have in Shelbyville. None of you know these men. They are good for our kids. They are good for our town and we are proud of them and proud to have them. I won't pretend to know any coach from other towns, even though I know a few, and get on here and attack their character based on something I saw, think I saw, or heard or think I heard from a Friday night football game. Not really fair to judge anyone here based on something anyone's seen or heard from a 2 to 3 hour segment of their entire life. So stop pretending to know anything about things you know nothing about. The truth, the real truth, in matters like this, will never be known or discovered from the internet........Bonjour!"

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"None of you know a single thing about what has happened in Shelbyville. Not a single critical perspective has any shred of truth to it. Not a single kid got kicked off the team for playing any game. As much as you would all like to make it something that absurd so you can place all the blame on the coach or staff and not the kids, it is still not true. There were boys who violated a team policy or rule knowing they were in violation all the while. There were teammates who asked them what they were doing, why and warned them to stop. They refused. They deliberately went forward with their violation. There was a choice to be made and consequences to the choice as in all choices any of us make. This was a repeated offense by the players in question. Both had violated these rules before and both chose to violate TEAM rules again, forsaking their TEAM. I am extremely close to this team and this situation and know almost exactly everything that has happened. Both players deliberately violated rules they both had been held accountable for before. Both players knew the risk of being suspended or removed from the team were they to violate similar rules again. Both players were suspended. Only one player chose to make an effort to "make right" what he had made wrong. It is my understanding he is back on the team and will play this week against Ore City. Why is it so many cowards, who know nothing about the actual situation come running to the aid of those who knowingly violated So, in closing, let's all grow up, stop believing anything and everything one reads on the internet. Let's stop believing what children tell us. Let's find out facts before spewing ridiculous lies based on nothing and let's all try to find out what the truth actually is. Let's all get back to following rules and understanding and supporting the concept that rules are meant to be followed and there are good and bad consequences to consider for our actions. And I know it is a foreign concept these days, but how about somebody who expresses a seemingly legitimate concern go talk to someone face to face? Social media has done nothing but encourage the cowardice that lies within the human race. I have had the opportunity to visit with and get to know, in a limited sense, every coach we have in Shelbyville. None of you know these men. They are good for our kids. They are good for our town and we are proud of them and proud to have them. I won't pretend to know any coach from other towns, even though I know a few, and get on here and attack their character based on something I saw, think I saw, or heard or think I heard from a Friday night football game. Not really fair to judge anyone here based on something anyone's seen or heard from a 2 to 3 hour segment of their entire life. So stop pretending to know anything about things you know nothing about. The truth, the real truth, in matters like this, will never be known or discovered from the internet........Bonjour!"

I guess the language I heard in the press box from their coordinators towards their own players was a good thing then? I guess dropping a few f-bombs is beneficial. If it was a team rule and they knowingly violated it the punishment fits. You are right about one thing, though. We here in the land of the internet will NEVER truly know what went down......

I guess the language I heard in the press box from their coordinators towards their own players was a good thing then? I guess dropping a few f-bombs is beneficial. If it was a team rule and they knowingly violated it the punishment fits. You are right about one thing, though. We here in the land of the internet will NEVER truly know what went down......

It don't matter... I wonder how many times these kids went out n got drunk this season did they get kicked off the team for that?

I still wanna know if the rule that was broken was kids playing basketball. Because if that was the rule that was broken are we not to ask the question why kids cant play basketball on there own time? And if so are the kids not allowed to throw a football during Basketball season?

Not at all what I meant, actually basketball is my favorite. But in this situation, I don't think basketball, in itself, has anything to do with it. The rule was the rule, it could have been no playing ping pong, miniature golf, etc. Like I've said before, we will probably never know the whole story.

So a kid goes and plays a game of pick up basketball sure not the smartest thing to do right before a playoff game. But kicking him off the team is a little extreme!

Know your facts! There is more to the story than most people know! RULES ARE RULES & what kind of man are you if you cant keep your word? This coach is teaching more than just football, hes teaching self respect, respect for authority, morals, integrity, & self discipline.

If I can find enough warm clothes I will root for Shelbyville for the rest of the playoffs cause they are from our district 10. I hope JoeKane don't find me and work me over for all the smack i talked against West Rusk three years ago. Almost got suspended for that one maybe.