Shelbyville vs Ore City

TWB

Ferguson did not agree with it as should no coach but he left it up to the players and the players decided to kick them off. I just love how the people of Sville love him while they are winning but hate him the next day based on something they have no evidence on. All of the players had an agreement before the season started and therefore 2 of them have to pay for their consequences. I don't agree with such a harsh punishment especially with both of them being senior starters but that's what the other players voted on, not the coach.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention: SHELBYVILLE DRAGONS FAN!

Coach Ferguson has taken the liberty of dismissing two of our star players from the team as of this morning. CJ Watson and Quay Mallard. This was done on the grounds that they broke a "rule" stating that they were not supposed to play any other sports during said season (Football). Logic would say that they must have been playing some other type of organized sport without authorization...This was not the case.

After watching film on Saturday CJ and Quay participated in a pick up game of basketball OFF OF SCHOOL PROPERTY with their friends. As Shelbyville Fans, we must stand up for our players and their rights. These are our children and they have worked extremely hard for their accomplishments. The grounds for which they were dismissed is outrageous!

(This is a post that was shared on facebook!)

Let's address what NO one else has because you are all running your mouths and know very little of the facts! Last year one of our juniors was playing a backyard basketball game with his buds DURING football season! He went down and TORE his ACL!!!!!!! Out for football AND basketball season!!!! This is one of the two seniors that after losing for the first time this season thought it would be a good idea to break team rules for a game of hoops! All varsity athletes know the rules and they ALL know Ferguson is a stickler for the rules! One of the basketball players ASKED the football player (qb) why they were there because you shouldn't be playing. His response, "we need to practice basketball because we will lose Friday." Hello? Yes there I'd more to the story so if the community of Shelbyville would quit trying to crucify this AD and coaching staff it would be greatly appreciated! Especially since you don't know the whole story and your making yourselves look like idiots! #wewillwin stop enabling kids when they make bad decisions. Stop blaming others for choices these kids made and get behind this team and coaching staff!

So rules should only be enforced when its convenient, or there isn't a big game on the line... i gotcha. Now I know why these kids weren't following the rules. Inconsistency at home! Hopefully these kids learn a lesson from the coach that their parents aren't teaching them. Small town politics.... smh

So kids are punished for playing basketball? I have never heard of anything more hypocritical I'm my life! Buts it's ok to POUND the weights and get ready for football during basketball season! All the #### he does in off-season puts the kids 10x more at risk and hurts the performance of the basketball and baseball teams! Fergusan only cares about winning football games and after the talent runs out he will be GONE!

This is ridiculous, they are 15-18 year old kids; not NFL players. I played pickup games every weekend with friends in my driveway during season. If they were tossing a football around and happened to get hurt, is that punishable as well? Or is it just because it was basketball? This is seriously the most blasphemous garbage I have heard all year. And during a playoff game for their peers to vote off TWO starters? Absurd. Like I said, there has to be more underlying issues. Did they miss practice or school and were found to be playing basketball? This is inexcusable IMO.

So kids are punished for playing basketball? I have never heard of anything more hypocritical I'm my life! Buts it's ok to POUND the weights and get ready for football during basketball season! All the #### he does in off-season puts the kids 10x more at risk and hurts the performance of the basketball and baseball teams! Fergusan only cares about winning football games and after the talent runs out he will be GONE!

Our basketball team, made up largely of football players, was 17-7 last season. I don't think being stronger hurt our performance.