UT recruiting

BRAD

So I read that another Florida kid is not coming to Texas. WR johnson is not going to enroll. Also saw where one of their oline commits for 2014 just got arrested for shoplifting. That's automatic dismissal for breaking the core values right?

So I read that another Florida kid is not coming to Texas. WR johnson is not going to enroll. Also saw where one of their oline commits for 2014 just got arrested for shoplifting. That's automatic dismissal for breaking the core values right?

And why isn't he going to enroll.....because he doesn't have the grades. It's the 2nd time he has failed to sustain the required grades to play D1.

• Like 1

Johnson isn't a surprise, he failed to get into Georgia last year and ended up at a prep school.

Strong addressed the OL Cuney shoplifting incident this morning at his pre-camp presser. He said they were still collecting info since it happened late Wednesday night. Strong said he'd be at practice tomorrow and have extra work until all the details are given.

This is a first offense for Cuney and I believe he'll get a suspension with specific requirements to meet before playing again, much like others last year.

And why isn't he going to enroll.....because he doesn't have the grades. It's the 2nd time he has failed to sustain the required grades to play D1.

I know that. But it's what I told you guys from the beginning. 2-3 of those Florida guys would never step foot on campus (including major and the DT) and I was called a homer, butthurt, and everything else. 5 kids gone from a signing class before day 1 is never a good thing.

With this year's scholarships numbers low and the way we are recruiting WRs right now, the Johnson thing is not as bad as it could have been. My concern is a guy that can't qualify two years in a row was probably not going to remain eligible for long while in college.

The kid shoplifting is embarrassing, but I don't think it's grounds for dismissal. It's certainly grounds for discipline because of the core values that WETSU mentioned, but it's not like he got pulled over and busted with dope and guns in his car.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that. But it's what I told you guys from the beginning. 2-3 of those Florida guys would never step foot on campus (including major and the DT) and I was called a homer, butthurt, and everything else. 5 kids gone from a signing class before day 1 is never a good thing.

Because you didn't know what you were talking about and were just trying to diss UT like you always do.

Cue rant from WETSU in 5..4..3..2..1..

Because you didn't know what you were talking about and were just trying to diss UT like you always do.

Cue rant from WETSU in 5..4..3..2..1..

So how was I wrong?

Major got in. Good for him. But out of the others, I was right on 4 out of 5 of those predictions... So I was 80% right. Excuse me. You guys were 80% wrong for arguing with me.

Glad to know you're so obsessed with me though that your quoting old post that I was right in and making yourself look like an idiot saying I was wrong.