UT recruiting

BRAD

You are correct you will ever have the Texas brand, but then again Aggies are used to being near the bottom of the standings so at least it is nothing new. I like the green with envy thing, the vaunted SEC power this year is staggering. If you like you can just post a screen shot of SEC network talking about the greatness of the conference and how the ole miss loss proves it.

Wow. Cherrypicking a loss by Ole Miss and ignoring that 2 of the top 4 teams right now are in the SEC? Man, how desperate will you get?! Hanging onto a hypothetical $3 million in exchange for $20 million in 3rd tier TV?

Oh wait. You already did that. Whoops.

Try to keep the threads separated, it just makes for a better debate.

Your correct though, two of 4 are SEC, but one has no place there and it is not Bama. But good news is since you used this argument it can come in handy later in season.

You want me to go further? Six of the top 25 teams are SEC with 3 other SEC teams receiving many votes. Will that "come in handy" later in the season?

Try to keep the threads separated, it just makes for a better debate.

Your correct though, two of 4 are SEC, but one has no place there and it is not Bama. But good news is since you used this argument it can come in handy later in season.

If you think Miss State doesn't deserve to be in the top 4 then please exit stage left of the conversation for their body of work has been clearly impressive. Losing by 5 at Tusacloosa in a competitive game after winning three top 10 matchups is certainly impressive.

Oh wait I get it. Aggies now like money over wins. Now we all know the aggies will never reach the brand of Texas but they will get more money in sec starting this year, and the chance to finish just above last in their side of the SEC. Man three years of great recruiting and still one of the worst defenses around plus an offense that has taken a big step back. This buds for you Aggie fan, you will need it.

I can see the commercial now.......real Aggy heroes!!! Mr swagcopter recruiting genius underperforming defense more money in the sec Aggy heeerrrroooo!!! That would be a classic

If you think Miss State doesn't deserve to be in the top 4 then please exit stage left of the conversation for their body of work has been clearly impressive. Losing by 5 at Tusacloosa in a competitive game after winning three top 10 matchups is certainly impressive.

Sorry Corky, but none of those three teams are top 10. Out of those three, only Auburn is clinging to being ranked at all. Just because aggy had an overhyped early season ranking, doesn't make them a top 10 opponent. Sorry that logic is retarded.

TCU and Baylor are doing pretty good with 2 and 3 star guys........Texas might find a few of those 2 and 3 stars that can help also.

No doubt they will find some of those guys that can help. There will be some guys that develop into studs that were 2 or 3 star guys coming out high school. It happens a little bit more with 4 and 5 star guys though. Look at every mythical national champion in the last lets say 10-15 years and see how their recruiting rankings were leading up to it. Matter of fact how many of those did tcu, Baylor or Ksu win? I'm sure when Texas won it they had a roster full of 2 and 3 star guys

stitch............What national champions played with only 4 or 5 star players ?...............Way more than 22 hit the field, but let's just say the starting 22, to answer that question...........I am a huge Texas fan, and I know we didn't have 22 blue chip starters.

I dunno. Might wanna ask the Texas fans who wanted to bring up A&M in a Texas recruiting thread... We're deeply entrenched in the heads of a few Texas fans here..

Incorrect, it was an aggie that brought themselves into the topic. WETSU to be exact

....and you didn't mind jumping in after the barrier had been breached

stitch............What national champions played with only 4 or 5 star players ?...............Way more than 22 hit the field, but let's just say the starting 22, to answer that question...........I am a huge Texas fan, and I know we didn't have 22 blue chip starters.

I never said all were blue chippers but you had more blue chippers than you did 2 and 3 star guys.

I never said all were blue chippers but you had more blue chippers than you did 2 and 3 star guys.

This is EXACTLY what I've been preaching. You don't win the MNC with 3 star talent making up 75% of your team. Look at all the MNC of the past 20 years. I'm not saying good recruiting automatically wins games, but I'm saying that the percentages of MNC with 3 star heavy teams are just not there.

That's because those heavy 3 star teams have never been given a chance since we've started this star ranking system. And with the new 4 playoff team system, that is not going to change. Boise and TCU come to mind from years ago; or even Utah in 2008. I went back and checked Utah's 2004 and 2005 recruits. Only one 4 star player in each year with the majority of the players being a 2 star. These teams were not given the opportunity because they did not play in one of the Power 5 conferences. TCU and Utah have since joined a P5 conference, but their success shows it can be done.

PS - I know the argument will be that those teams didn't play the same competition every week, and there is validity to that argument. However, these teams did play some good OOC games to try and boost their resume.

Mack said the fans would've crucified him had he not chosen swoopes with his Vince young skill set

I thought that too about Swoopes when I saw his HS video. He certainly didn't look like he was running in cement shoes in those highlights.

I thought that too about Swoopes when I saw his HS video. He certainly didn't look like he was running in cement shoes in those highlights.

2a competition. And he went 1-9 his senior year it... He was a classic case of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. At least so far.

2a competition. And he went 1-9 his senior year it... He was a classic case of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. At least so far.

It's all a moot point anyway. I think Heard takes the starting position away from him this spring.