UT recruiting

BRAD

He had nothing around him, and I do mean nothing. I think he is a good athlete, just not a QB.

I played 2a ball and have followed 2a ball my entire life. I've literally seen one player win games with NO help. I'm talking 145 pound offensive lineman and fastest kid other than the stud runs a 4.8 lol. I'm not saying he should have won state, but it should be red flags when the next VY 5 star caliber guy can only lead his team to 1 win in a lower classification. A good qb can do wonders for a team that size.

I played 2a ball and have followed 2a ball my entire life. I've literally seen one player win games with NO help. I'm talking 145 pound offensive lineman and fastest kid other than the stud runs a 4.8 lol. I'm not saying he should have won state, but it should be red flags when the next VY 5 star caliber guy can only lead his team to 1 win in a lower classification. A good qb can do wonders for a team that size.

They should win at least 5 games by just running toss right and toss left if he is that great of an athlete.

Between Greg Davis and the DKR crowd booing him, really messed with the kid's mind. He was an incredible talent coming out of HS.

He did not have the "it" factor to overcome the lack of proper coaching/player development. Thankfully VY and Colt had that intangible. However, that intangible led to a false sense of security for the former UT staff leaving the program in shambles. Thankfully Strong is there to resurrect the program.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/12/four-star-cedar-hill-lb-richard-moore-decommits-from-texas-am.html/

Is this kid on the Texas radar? I know they need LBs, but have not heard anything about him.

As for Vasser, so much needed depth on the DL.

Everything I've read on Moore has him as a Baylor lean, but that's coming from Baylor people. Texas feels pretty good about Cherry flipping from Tennessee, which would put them at 3 LBs. They'd like to take 4 in this class with Jefferson being stop the wish list. They are getting a visit from former Michigan commit Darren Kirkland Jr. also!

Moore as been shaky since lodge decommitted. I think he's a Baylor lean all the way.

Jefferson might be the biggest recruitment battle in a few years for Texas and A&M. Both need him desperately and both feel confident about getting him. It's gonna be interesting seeing where he commits to in two weeks.

Moore as been shaky since lodge decommitted. I think he's a Baylor lean all the way.

Jefferson might be the biggest recruitment battle in a few years for Texas and A&M. Both need him desperately and both feel confident about getting him. It's gonna be interesting seeing where he commits to in two weeks.

I think he goes to A&M. He hasn't even scheduled an OV with Texas.

I think he goes aggie or LSU. I don't see him in Texas. I am not sure the DC will be hired by the 16th

He will be. Sumlin has made it clear he wants to have a hire announced before December grads commit and before the dead period starts. I'll be surprised if one isn't hired by mid next week from what I'm hearing.

Honestly have not kept up on it much but I thought he was out?

He "says" he's out. But how many times have we heard that with coaches over the years lol. A&M side is still reporting he's very much in play, but they haven't officially offered until Muschamp gives them an answer.

Would be interesting if Muschamp decided for A&M. After all, he did call college station the armpit of Texas.

He actually was asked about that just this week when his name came up there and he told a reporter on a phone interview he was directing that as a joke at Sumlin. Says the two actually have a decent relationship and he knew it would rile Sumlin up if he said it.

UT will have one of the top ten recruiting classes.

It's simple kids. Strong just booted 8-10 players. He has to replace them.

UT will get 30 kids. If not more. "stars" do not matter.

The hypewagon will be focused squarely on Austin. All that really matters?

Recruit whoever star, develop them

UT will have one of the top ten recruiting classes.

It's simple kids. Strong just booted 8-10 players. He has to replace them.

UT will get 30 kids. If not more. "stars" do not matter.

The hypewagon will be focused squarely on Austin. All that really matters?

Recruit whoever star, develop them

I think the hype wagon is in several other places before Austin right now...

@Official_MalikJ: ATX this weekend #LetsRide 🐂

Looks like Jefferson will take his OV to Austin this weekend. I've heard a in home visit will be set up as well. This is big for Texas to finally get the young man on campus, with his decision coming 2 weeks later. Longhorns need to make a big push!

It would great to have him, but I have to wonder if the aggie decommit has anything to do with him going to aggie land? Not saying he is just wondering out loud.

Adding him would really solidify the class

I don't think the decommitments really had any bearing on Malik's decision. A&M is taking 2-3 more linebackers in this class. If the other kid had stuck only 2 but Malik was always in that 2 conversation and he was made away of that.

Getting him to campus is a good deal for Texas. This one will be a dog fight these last two weeks. My gut tells me he wants to be an Aggie at heart, but doesn't trust they will improve defensively until he sees the DC hire. If Texas can bring him in and show him a good plan that gives him confidence in Charlie strong, it could sway him that direction.

Malik's verbal could have a huge impact. If he doesn't choose A&M, I'm thinking Mack is gone as well.

I don't think so. He's still extremely close with the rest of the class and there are still plenty of really good defensive players committed. Malik committing would solidy him 100%, but I don't think losing him means it's a automatic loss of Mack.

If Mack leaves I think it will be because of Bama not anything else

Bama isn't even truly in this hunt... It's a A&M/LSU battle.