UT recruiting

BRAD

I'm thinking sumlin has a hard time getting a top DC in college station. Muschamp is auburn bound and it looks like venables is staying put. Gibbs is the likely candidate and he is as much an unknown in big boy football as anybody.

I don't think he has a hard time getting one to come in at all... The Aggies have plenty of young talent on defense and are favorites to land 3 5 star defensive players for the 2015 class. The talent will be there. The Aggies have already made it clear they are willing to pay 1.5 mil+ in order to get who they want. They are in huge talent state and have the momentum in the recruiting of the state right now. Last but not least, the defense was literally about as bad as it could be. Even a slight improvement would look good first year on the job. There isn't a ton of pressure on this job because truthfully there's nowhere to go but up.

I don't think he has a hard time getting one to come in at all... The Aggies have plenty of young talent on defense and are favorites to land 3 5 star defensive players for the 2015 class. The talent will be there. The Aggies have already made it clear they are willing to pay 1.5 mil+ in order to get who they want. They are in huge talent state and have the momentum in the recruiting of the state right now. Last but not least, the defense was literally about as bad as it could be. Even a slight improvement would look good first year on the job. There isn't a ton of pressure on this job because truthfully there's nowhere to go but up.

Gibbs will come for far less than $1.5 million.

Just curious your reasons why? Venables contacted A&M months ago.

Muschamp has a pocket full of money, not fond of cs, is more familiar in southeast and is prolly in talks with auburn as of right now.

Please post a link supporting the venables contacting aTm comment. He has denied that multiple times. Please nothing from texags or tamu247 either. Hamm reports more rumors than facts and texags is a joke.

I don't think the decommitments really had any bearing on Malik's decision. A&M is taking 2-3 more linebackers in this class. If the other kid had stuck only 2 but Malik was always in that 2 conversation and he was made away of that.

Getting him to campus is a good deal for Texas. This one will be a dog fight these last two weeks. My gut tells me he wants to be an Aggie at heart, but doesn't trust they will improve defensively until he sees the DC hire. If Texas can bring him in and show him a good plan that gives him confidence in Charlie strong, it could sway him that direction.

I'm hoping Strong can sell Jefferson on immediate playing time with Hicks moving on.

Muschamp has a pocket full of money, not fond of cs, is more familiar in southeast and is prolly in talks with auburn as of right now.

Please post a link supporting the venables contacting aTm comment. He has denied that multiple times. Please nothing from texags or tamu247 either. Hamm reports more rumors than facts and texags is a joke.

You are a real piece of work man... You think espn is going to have front page news piece in late September that Venables is calling other opportunities? There isn't going to be any proof that you will listen to, but Hamms hit rate is far higher than anything burton or any Texas mod puts out. I'll gladly provide evidence to that over the next few days if you would like.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for Hamm to make this up. He reported back in October he was hearing rumblings of the next potential DC when it became apparent Snyder was gone. He REFUSED to give a name because he didn't want to compromise his source or get a rumor started that would ruin the chances of it happening. When the talk of Venables looking around popped up, he released that was his candidate he heard was in discussions and that the candidate had expressed interest first.

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to, I'm not saying Venables is automatically the guy, but Hamm is far more creditable than what hookem247 is reporting right now.

You are a real piece of work man... You think espn is going to have front page news piece in late September that Venables is calling other opportunities? There isn't going to be any proof that you will listen to, but Hamms hit rate is far higher than anything burton or any Texas mod puts out. I'll gladly provide evidence to that over the next few days if you would like.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for Hamm to make this up. He reported back in October he was hearing rumblings of the next potential DC when it became apparent Snyder was gone. He REFUSED to give a name because he didn't want to compromise his source or get a rumor started that would ruin the chances of it happening. When the talk of Venables looking around popped up, he released that was his candidate he heard was in discussions and that the candidate had expressed interest first.

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to, I'm not saying Venables is automatically the guy, but Hamm is far more creditable than what hookem247 is reporting right now.

That kind of stuff is leaked all the time. That's why Venables has been denying the rumors for a couple of weeks now. Hire him, This has been his best year by far and it came in a weak conference. His days at OU weren't even up to their standards and most Sooner fans I know are glad he left, just not glad who his replacement was. '

Hamm has been caught lying on his board by his own paying customers. He made a statement that he had talked to Malik Jefferson and when asked something else about him his answer was "I don't know, haven't talked to him yet." So he gets second hand info and posts it as his own work. He has very little credibility. I don't like Burton and Howe either, but they don't post second hand info.

believe hamm all you want, but if he is the first to report it…..it's a I'll believe it when I see it ordeal.

Sshhhyeah man, he's an insider! Didn't you know that?

I'm thinking this kid might be the next Eric Dickerson.

If he doesn't run himself into the ground first...

Heard about him playing on a bum ankle last week and would have to hobble off the field every play. Needs to take care of himself or he will never stay healthy

Not really about is Soso is a better back than Warren. That is a bit obvious but more about Texas being about to jump into the choices of some of the better recruits in the state after a short time recruiting.

I thought that went without saying. I thought he did a damn good job keeping last years recruiting class together and adding a couple of his own.

Not really about is Soso is a better back than Warren. That is a bit obvious but more about Texas being about to jump into the choices of some of the better recruits in the state after a short time recruiting.

Charlie Strong is the best recruiter and HC in this state.

Well I am not sure he has gone that far, but he has sure closed the gap on the Aggies. Since June the gap from the aggie class and Texas class has closed. But hey as some people said they can't beat ranked teams and he better be able to recruit well. Well they played pretty well considering they learned a new offense and defense while teaching a whole new OL and having a terrible QB

The gap is not closed... Texas has 3 commits with A&M offers. A&M has 15 commits with Texas offers. Texas has done better, but they are not closing the gap as fast as it appears.

I hear this is a A&M UCLA battle.

That may be but did you hear what Strong told him on his OV??

He told McNeal that on the first play against Notre Dame this next year they were going to target him!

Strong must really like this kid! Obviously it doesn't mean McNeal will pick Texas but I thought that was a bold move for Strong!