5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Mansfield Lake Ridge

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (7-4)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

I would pay a pretty penny to have a DVD of that game! Say......$25.00 with all proceeds going to the Booster Club!

Heck, I already saved my ticket stub just because that game meant so much.

It would be even more special to have the audio of the radio broadcast.

The point of emphasis on the hide out play deals with substitutions, and I do not recall if subs entered the game. Hasty is legal in doing what he did. He was in the huddle, runs to the sideline and stops before going out. Closeness to the sideline does not matter.

A key point to look at is the Linejudge pointing back toward the offense, meaning the outside reciever on his side was off the line off scrimmage, so he was aware that Hasty was still in play. Pretty sure King would have informed the officials before the game that this play would be used.

The point of emphasis on the hide out play deals with substitutions, and I do not recall if subs entered the game. Hasty is legal in doing what he did. He was in the huddle, runs to the sideline and stops before going out. Closeness to the sideline does not matter.

A key point to look at is the Linejudge pointing back toward the offense, meaning the outside reciever on his side was off the line off scrimmage, so he was aware that Hasty was still in play. Pretty sure King would have informed the officials before the game that this play would be used.

Good point(s). He did notify officials for the whodunit play a few years ago (the pass to the offensive tackle).

LP06 Man, you too much bro. I know the fans are hurt but we have been there too. BUT know this for a FACT when we aren't playing you guys (SOME OF US CHEER) you guys on because LP still represent EAST TX BABY MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT!!! I remember when Garland beat us a few years back and LUFKIN had to play them next I saw so many LONGVIEW fans sitting on LUFKIN side it was beautiful... WE wanted revenge and LUFKIN was the ONLY team that could do it for us AND THEY DID... Jorvorskie was at that game but he played for TXAM at the time and I got to meet him with my LOBO gear on and he was a gentleman. Lufkin fans laughed and asked me (HOW did ya'll let this team beat you?) I said it don't matter--YOU GUYS better BEAT the HELL out them for what they did to us!!!) Yea, we talk trash and so do you guys BUT in the END we need each other because EAST TX NEEDS US...

Probably Guyer of 2008-2009..not 2010. At least on paper.

2008 definitely. 1-19 in previous two years then caught fire and 08 they wind in the Semi's, which they really had no business being in. Lose to Lake Dallas, 41-15? Really? Barely beating FW Boswell? Then had to come from wayyyyy behind (not as far as us last Friday) vs Frenship in the Quarters. They gave us all they had though. Thank God for Aaron Johnson that day.

I don't think Lake Ridge will go on a similar run like Guyer did but they definitely have the shaping of them that year.

2008 definitely. 1-19 in previous two years then caught fire and 08 they wind in the Semi's, which they really had no business being in. Lose to Lake Dallas, 41-15? Really? Barely beating FW Boswell? Then had to come from wayyyyy behind (not as far as us last Friday) vs Frenship in the Quarters. They gave us all they had though. Thank God for Aaron Johnson that day.

I don't think Lake Ridge will go on a similar run like Guyer did but they definitely have the shaping of them that year.

One of the best football runs I have ever seen. That game against Midway and then Guyer the next week were special. This past week surpasses either singular moment, but man were those a couple good moments.

No team is a match for the Lobos. They passed there biggest test by beating there arch rivals. It's the playoffs time to start a run toward that State Championship. Hear em howl. ......

Just don't lose to Columbia! What a powerhouse!!!