Alto vs Ore City

TWB

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all that went on with Shelbyville i just dont think the Dragons wanted to play anymore football. Curious to see how that situation turns out...I expect there to be a lot of backlash from the events that has happened the past 3 weeks. I also think it's funny that one of their coaches had to put his two cents in because of what was being said on Smoaky....the time that he did waste he should have been putting his running backs through hitting drills and teach them how to not fumble the football "11 Times"! I dont believe Ore City is as good as the final score against Shelbyville!

With all that went on with Shelbyville i just dont think the Dragons wanted to play anymore football. Curious to see how that situation turns out...I expect there to be a lot of backlash from the events that has happened the past 3 weeks. I also think it's funny that one of their coaches had to put his two cents in because of what was being said on Smoaky....the time that he did waste he should have been putting his running backs through hitting drills and teach them how to not fumble the football "11 Times"! I dont believe Ore City is as good as the final score against Shelbyville!

Well said. Think he's on defense though, not sure. I'd better be careful with what I say though cause he might get on me again lol(sarcasm fully intended). Funny how when you make a statement that there's an APPEARANCE of something from the perspective of the outsider looking in and not label any one person in particular you have someone get offended. My thought is if there wasn't a nugget(no matter how small a nugget, mind you) of truth to my statement and you thought it was just garbage anyway, why say anything at all? Just ignore the statement. He unwittingly gave my post some credibility (again, I cannot stress the small size of said credibility) by his reaction to it. I never intended to rub anyone's nose in anything like he said.

Well said. Think he's on defense though, not sure. I'd better be careful with what I say though cause he might get on me again lol(sarcasm fully intended). Funny how when you make a statement that there's an APPEARANCE of something from the perspective of the outsider looking in and not label any one person in particular you have someone get offended. My thought is if there wasn't a nugget(no matter how small a nugget, mind you) of truth to my statement and you thought it was just garbage anyway, why say anything at all? Just ignore the statement. He unwittingly gave my post some credibility (again, I cannot stress the small size of said credibility) by his reaction to it. I never intended to rub anyone's nose in anything like he said.

Well he should have been worrying about stopping ore city's 46 points...or however many there was lol! He can call out who he wants to...it still doesnt change the fact that they landslided to an embarresing out in the playoffs. I still hate it for the kids of Shelbyville!

Well he should have been worrying about stopping ore city's 46 points...or however many there was lol! He can call out who he wants to...it still doesnt change the fact that they landslided to an embarresing out in the playoffs. I still hate it for the kids of Shelbyville!

Me too. A whole season's worth of work down the tubes just to enforce a rule. Let me preface this next statement by saying I do NOT know any of the parties involved and I do NOT have an axe to grind either way, but it is sad when it appears (strictly from outside observation, mind you) that a coach's ego(he made the rule and more than likely saw to its enforcement so he wouldn't appear like he was playing favorites) SEEMINGLY was placed before the immediate good of the very program he is trying to build up. This, like everything else I say on here, is just my opinion and is strictly conjecture based on said opinions. I might be wrong and I sincerely hope that I am in this case. I am NOT looking to pick fights or get any bad blood stirred up on here, just offering my views......

Me too. A whole season's worth of work down the tubes just to enforce a rule. Let me preface this next statement by saying I do NOT know any of the parties involved and I do NOT have an axe to grind either way, but it is sad when it appears (strictly from outside observation, mind you) that a coach's ego(he made the rule and more than likely saw to its enforcement so he wouldn't appear like he was playing favorites) SEEMINGLY was placed before the immediate good of the very program he is trying to build up. This, like everything else I say on here, is just my opinion and is strictly conjecture based on said opinions. I might be wrong and I hope I am in this case. I am NOT looking to pick fights or get any bad blood stirred up on here, just offering my views......

I am all for a team having rules, even if it takes having your best player not playing on a Friday night. BUT, there has been a group of Shelbyville people who have changed their profile picture to a picture that shows CJ Watson and it says "I support CJ Watson"! He wants to talk about the town of Shelbyville deserving better, but people feel this way for a reason! Burrell who is a really stand up kid posted on his Facebook Page that he SHOULD NOT have played against San Augustine and West Sabine and he feels like he let the whole city down! With his injury that he had...why was he still playing?

I am all for a team having rules, even if it takes having your best player not playing on a Friday night. BUT, there has been a group of Shelbyville people who have changed their profile picture to a picture that shows CJ Watson and it says "I support CJ Watson"! He wants to talk about the town of Shelbyville deserving better, but people feel this way for a reason! Burrell who is a really stand up kid posted on his Facebook Page that he SHOULD NOT have played against San Augustine and West Sabine and he feels like he let the whole city down! With his injury that he had...why was he still playing?

I have heard that Burrell had to have surgery of some sort on either his knee or ankle. Is that true? That's great that he's a stand up guy. That's a trait that will serve him well in life.

I have Alto pulling away early.

Either way they'll be pulling away, right? :)

I have heard that Burrell had to have surgery of some sort on either his knee or ankle. Is that true? That's great that he's a stand up guy. That's a trait that will serve him well in life. I'm all for team rules too, but not taken the extreme measures as was the case here.....

:)

I say Alto 61-58 in OT.That's my guess.

Doomer...I know that you have sustained "several" concussion type blows to your head before....but from your prediction.....you may be experiencing some "flashback" issues....from what Red and Golfer have said.....OC has a slim/none chance to win.....BUT then again....that is what was said about Alto when they played Teneha....look what happened there.....guess that's why they play the game....

Man let it go it's ore city and alto thread havent ever seen so much crying going on we all get it and feel bad what happend but to talk about it still is a little embarrassing now with that being said I think Alto have no worries

Alto need someone to talk to lol....dont think there is any ore city fans on here....

Man let it go it's ore city and alto thread havent ever seen so much crying going on we all get it and feel bad what happend but to talk about it still is a little embarrassing now with that being said I think Alto have no worries

Lol. I agree I think Alto should cruise........

I personally know Coach Smith and he is a stand up guy with a great coaching history, and his boys that he mentions in his thread are just as stand up as he is. I truly loved watching those boys and Hemphill on the football field the years they were there with Coach Smith, Upshaw, and Tommy Hall. A great group of guys and coaches. I don't really think most of the comments were originally directed towards Coach Smith, but let's stop the coach bashing, please, and move forward. Also this is the Alto vs Ore City thread so lets get our comments back on topic. Thanks.