Centerville vs. San Augustine

SAWolfman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to make you look stupid, but Wolfman was asking if Centerville had turf not Troup

Good catch. Hey, if I make an obvious mistake call me out on it bro. Don't mind at all. No worries. I have looked stupid before and I guess I have again. I grew up the only boy in a house of five women(4 sisters and my mother) so I'm pretty much used to being called out on my mistakes lol.....:)

Centerville by 2 touchdowns. Expierence and O-line will carry the Tigers against SA. Coach Hardee is one of the more underrated coaches around and always has the Tigers well-prepared and ready to go.

Centerville 34

San Augustine 20

I don't disagree with any of your statement. Centerville is very senior-laden. Their o-line is very good. And Coach Hardee has done a great job with them. SA will have to play well to win, but doesn't everyone at this point? SA doesn't need a herculean effort to win, but it is imperative that they bring their A game.

He's talking about us offense, if you are going to try to make a point, make sure you are talking about the same thing.

And stop taking it out of context. I've yet to say joaquin didn't earn it. I've yet to whine about it. I've simply talked facts and shown proof that what happened once all year compared to 6 other games was not the norm. If that was the norm why is SA getting ready for the 2nd round and joaquin is getting ready for their first basketball game? Because according to you, joaquin shouldve done that more than once........but you didn't.

like i said before they beat us and we didnt go crying about it being an outlier.they deserved it.

like i said before they beat us and we didnt go crying about it being an outlier.they deserved it.

When exactly have I cried about it? I said it after that game, I said it earlier in this thread, Joaquin played better than us that night.

Now if you would take off your blue shaded glasses, or your anti red and black shades glasses for a moment you just might get what I'm trying to say. Against run first, ground and pound offenses (6 not counting joaquin) SA has given up 6 total rushing touchdowns and no more than 21 points in ANY of those games. Every stats person will tell you 54 is an outlier compared to 18, 6, 21, 21, 8 and 13. That's simply the point I made and stick by. No whining, no crying just facts.

When exactly have I cried about it? I said it after that game, I said it earlier in this thread, Joaquin played better than us that night

Now if you would take off your blue shaded glasses, or your anti red and black shades glasses for a moment you just might get what I'm trying to say. Against run first, ground and pound offenses (6 not counting joaquin) SA has given up 6 total rushing touchdowns and no more than 21 points in ANY of those games. Every stats person will tell you 54 is an outlier compared to 18, 6, 21, 21, 8 and 13. That's simply the point I made and stick by. No whining, no crying just facts.

So us giving up 52 to Alto was an outlier, yea I can dig it ,sounds good to me..hahaha.......

So us giving up 52 to Alto was an outlier, yea I can dig it ,sounds good to me..hahaha.......

Depends, have you played more athletic than you, spread teams similar to alto but shut them down? Lol

I don't mean to harp on it, but seriously, our D has been lights out against the run this year except for that 1 game. I can't put my finger on what it was, but there is just something not adding up. I don't know if our kids were thinking about Shelbyville and their kids were fired up to play for their coach or something else. But on that night...an offense that had yet to score more than 36 puts up 54 on us when 3 other run first teams had scored a grand total of 2 rushing tds on us. take away that game and 6 run heavy teams have scored 6 rushing tds on us.

Depends, have you played more athletic than you, spread teams similar to alto but shut them down? Lol

I don't mean to harp on it, but seriously, our D has been lights out against the run this year except for that 1 game. I can't put my finger on what it was, but there is just something not adding up. I don't know if our kids were thinking about Shelbyville and their kids were fired up to play for their coach or something else. But on that night...an offense that had yet to score more than 36 puts up 54 on us when 3 other run first teams had scored a grand total of 2 rushing tds on us. take away that game and 6 run heavy teams have scored 6 rushing tds on us.

A large part of football is individual matchups. The right side of our O-line was dominant. I know for a fact that we ran the same play 42 times behind the right side of that line. SA never stopped it. A 140# freshman RB ran for 107 yards, with 99 of it in the 2nd half, mostly on the same play. I didn't pay a lot of attention to which kids y'all had on the field, but our staff found a weakness and exploited it. Maybe a key defensive lineman was injured, or a linebacker was just missing assignments. You will know more about it than I ever will. It got adjusted during practice before Shelbyville, obviously. Y'all definitely tackled better against Shelbyville than you did against Joaquin. I hope the good D continues this week.

A large part of football is individual matchups. The right side of our O-line was dominant. I know for a fact that we ran the same play 42 times behind the right side of that line. SA never stopped it. A 140# freshman RB ran for 107 yards, with 99 of it in the 2nd half, mostly on the same play. I didn't pay a lot of attention to which kids y'all had on the field, but our staff found a weakness and exploited it. Maybe a key defensive lineman was injured, or a linebacker was just missing assignments. You will know more about it than I ever will. It got adjusted during practice before Shelbyville, obviously. Y'all definitely tackled better against Shelbyville than you did against Joaquin. I hope the good D continues this week.

I'm with ya 100%. I don't dispute anything you just said. No offense to the Joaquin's back but they weren't the biggest (as you pointed out) nor did they run the hardest. They do run plenty hard though. That's what I'm saying is something just doesn't make sense about that week. How all 145 lbs of your rb consistently ran through tackles blows my mind. And I agree on the matchups as well. I said it leading into the Shelbyville game that I thought we had a chance against Shelbyville because it's a completely different kind of physical.