New Boston vs Pilot Point

kooldown54

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4x100 Relay: 1. Daingerfield (Mims, Whetstone, Miles, Bryant), 43.23; 2. Queen City, 33.31; 3. Hughes Springs, 44.75; 4. Hooks, 45.53.

4x200 Relay: 1. Daingerfield (Mims, Whetstone, Miles, Bryant), 1:30.60; 2. Hughes Springs, 1:33.37; 3. Hooks, 1:33.49; 4. Queen City, 1:39.70.

What happened here?..and with #1 not activated..who do you believe has the faster team? or is this not even close?

glad to see you join us here PPSTATEBOUND, eventhough it will be short lived! But we do invite you back after this Friday, to talk about PP's Basketball team! we'll be onto the next round of football but would love to hear your take on PP's basketball season!

I think overall team speed New Boston will have a slight edge. PP looks to have plenty of kids who can run though. I do not think speed will have a huge advantage one way or the other. I think if #1 was good to go it would, just because if someone breaks free he could run them down and save a touchdown. He could also just flat out run past people and go up and get a ball when you needed it the most.

I think the game comes down to turnovers and the New Boston D-line. New Boston is young on the D-line, they have to start two sophomores at defensive end. Both of them play hard and do all they can, they are just not quite there yet. Spencer Jackson has played well at DT, but the other DT's do not get involved in the game as much.

New Boston needs to be turnover free, and it wouldn't hurt to create a few. They also need great play from the defensive front.

I think overall team speed New Boston will have a slight edge. PP looks to have plenty of kids who can run though. I do not think speed will have a huge advantage one way or the other. I think if #1 was good to go it would, just because if someone breaks free he could run them down and save a touchdown. He could also just flat out run past people and go up and get a ball when you needed it the most.

I think the game comes down to turnovers and the New Boston D-line. New Boston is young on the D-line, they have to start two sophomores at defensive end. Both of them play hard and do all they can, they are just not quite there yet. Spencer Jackson has played well at DT, but the other DT's do not get involved in the game as much.

New Boston needs to be turnover free, and it wouldn't hurt to create a few. They also need great play from the defensive front.

agreed! create turnovers, create long sustained SCORING drives, keep PP's O off the field. if we got on top(score) DO NOT let up, must keep the intensity and keep forcing PP to get out of their element. PP's O is dangerous and can score the second the D takes a break. must come out motivated, intense and have the "WE WILL NOT LOSE" attitudes !

I saw #1's track times..The following statement does not compute when playing PP, of course this is if he was playing............. "I think if #1 was good to go it would, just because if someone breaks free he could run them down and save a touchdown. He could also just flat out run past people and go up and get a ball when you needed it the most."...just saying.

4x100 Relay: 1. Daingerfield (Mims, Whetstone, Miles, Bryant), 43.23; 2. Queen City, 33.31; 3. Hughes Springs, 44.75; 4. Hooks, 45.53.

4x200 Relay: 1. Daingerfield (Mims, Whetstone, Miles, Bryant), 1:30.60; 2. Hughes Springs, 1:33.37; 3. Hooks, 1:33.49; 4. Queen City, 1:39.70.

What happened here?..and with #1 not activated..who do you believe has the faster team? or is this not even close?

Those are pretty slow but running straight then turning left has nothing to do with football.

I could be wrong but after watching game films on Pilot Point they probably run the ball about 80% of the time and throw it 20% even though they operate in the spread offense.

The problem is you have to put someone on each receiver which minimizes the defense to cover the run. The front defensive 4 of NB will be getting the most pressure to make plays.

Red Life Oak game?