Chapel Hill vs Navasota

CHillDog81

Same staff that took them 4 rounds deep last year and second round this year, I'll keep them. Deep run next year just on their resume alone. Great job CH players and staff.

If you're content with "insanity" (doing the same thing and expecting different results), then fine. This group of kids...and last years for that matter,were like vehicles having the potential to drive across country, but their mechanic didn't know what to do with the parts and could barely get them out of the state. I realize it not as simple as most people whom have never coached think, but some things are recognizable to even the armchair QBs of the world. BTW, its an opinion board and its only my opinion so people don't be offended.

They'll go deep due to mostly superior athleticism, but further if better schemes on both side of the ball are employed. CH is loaded with talent for years to come, but you have to know how to access that talent and play to THEIR strong points, not just plug them in to your system. You can start by letting the QB survey the field himself and stop locking him into your personal receiver choice...causing him to wait forever praying that he'll become open before the offensive line breaks down!!!

If you're content with "insanity" (doing the same thing and expecting different results), then fine. This group of kids...and last years for that matter,were like vehicles having the potential to drive across country, but their mechanic didn't know what to do with the parts and could barely get them out of the state. I realize it not as simple as most people whom have never coached think, but some things are recognizable to even the armchair QBs of the world. BTW, its an opinion board and its only my opinion so people don't be offended.

Not offended at all. Just like you I am posting my opinion. I'm just a supporter of Coach Sitton and his staff.

I'll agree with the insanity part. I didn't know if the QB doing that was something he was hung up on or the play calling.

When I was at the game against Whitehouse and it was 4th down and short and they needed to convert to keep drive alive the play was like a roll out pass his go to guy on that play wasn't open so he didn't know what to do and took a sack that was something I saw during the season that the qb isn't Going through his reads

Great effort against Navasota. I listened on the radio and you guys gave NastySoda all they wanted (and then some) in the first half. Yeah, it got away from you in the 3rd qtr but that loss was nothing to hang your head over. Nobody else played them like that. Good job dogs...you represented 9-4A very well against the #1 team in the state. Well, they will be # 1 until Henderson beats them in the regional finals:)

In the game against Paris he had 1 carry, in the game against PN he had about 3 carries and each one was over 6 yards and they still limited his playing time. He had 70 yards in the 1st half against Henderson, 2nd half 2 carries. Against Carthage he had 100 yards 1st and didn't have another carry until 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

Mind bottling. #2 is a beast and quick to the hole but starts on D. #32 is a power runner but starts on D. #28 only played O, and he wasn't even on the kick return team.

Mind bottling! Especially when the return man for CH calls a fair catch and the kickoff team is 15 yards away!

Mind bottling!

Yes trust me it bothered me all season. It was confusing to say the least.

Listened to game on the radio so didn't see it in person. We went into half with 7 point lead after controlling line of scrimmage all game. No team has led Navasota this year. Navasota made the right adjustments and CH made no adjustments. A seven point lead against that team is like being tied at best. The defense never had an answer for the crossing routes (over and over and over). Offense seemed content with winning the first half, never really opened the playbook to keep them off balanced. CH will have as much talent or more next year hopefully we can expand our playbook and be less predictably. I have to agree with the posts above; 28# is a stud and played offense only. The fact he wasn't our featured back and getting 20-25 touches a game really puzzled me too. Good luck to the CH this offseason! Bigger, faster, and stronger Dogs

Great effort against Navasota. I listened on the radio and you guys gave NastySoda all they wanted (and then some) in the first half. Yeah, it got away from you in the 3rd qtr but that loss was nothing to hang your head over. Nobody else played them like that. Good job dogs...you represented 9-4A very well against the #1 team in the state. Well, they will be # 1 until Henderson beats them in the regional finals:)

NASTYSOTA awww you mad bro. Henderson Won't get past jasper.. If they do remember sota owns henderson they have never beat us. poor kittens.

• 2 weeks later...