My son's first buck

Five0pd310

Easiest hunt I'd ever been on. We were being lazy and didn't go to the stand because of the rain. Instead, we went into Linden to get some stuff for supper at the Dollar General. While in there it stopped raining so we decided to go ahead and go to the stand for a bit. Got in the stand at 10:15 AM and the time stamp on that picture was 10:41 AM.

I had found a new doe in estrus scent at Academy this year and thought I'd try it. It's an aerosol that is separated by a lining inside the can from the propellant. I've used it twice. Once when I got my doe two weeks ago and then the morning of this hunt. The buck stepped out about 25 yards from us sniffing around like a mad man and never brought his head off the ground. He was on that scent trail we made. I have no doubt in my mind. I'll be a regular client of the makers of that stuff now.

That is a great first buck!!! I stopped hunting two years ago and became a guide for my son. We hunt a lot and I am enjoying every minute of it! I'll have plenty of time to carry my own gun once girls become more important than hunting for my son, but until then we will hunt together and he will always be the shooter! Good job getting your son in the woods, Five0!!! You'll remember this deer for the rest of your life!

• 2 months later...