15-5A Boys and Girls Basketball Thread 2014-15

Mavchamp

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGE win for Texas High.... could have foreseen a close W at home, but 22?!?!? huge loss for lobos... district favs preseason with marshall I believe? ... table set for Friday at Marshall vs TxHigh

I think Longview was a favorite during pre-season just because "it's longview."

Everyone else in the district knew Marshall should be the favorite with T-High close behind.

MP got back on track by beating Pine Tree by 34 last night at home. Head to Longview to take on the Lobos Friday.

Im not surprised at all that Texas High won especially at home but a little by the margin. Longview honestly didnt impress me too much overall but the fact that it was Longview/Marshall and it was played at Lobo made it a much closer game. Like i said before i really dont think it will be as close next time in Marshall. The Texas High/Marshall game should be a good one and the Mavs must take advantage of it being at home because round 2 in Texarkana will be brutal.

Surprised at the margin in Longview. I'd be surprised to see T High win at Marshall. But I think we have a really good shot to split the series

I wouldn't be. We're just simply not very good.

84 told me we had a freshman, three sophomores and one junior starting against Marshall and only one senior played on the night. Not gonna win many if that's the case most nights.

Ladies were similar a couple years ago being extremely young and now it's paying off.

Boys 15-5A Standings and results from Tuesday January 13th, 2015.

TUES JAN 13 BOYS STANDINGS 15-5A

MARSHALL 81 @ GREENVILLE 54 MARSHALL 4-0 HALLSVILLE 1-3

HALLSVILLE 38 @ SULPHUR SPRINGS 43 TEXAS HIGH 4-0 GREENVILLE 0-4

LONGVIEW 56 @ TEXAS HIGH 78 MT. PLEASANT 3-1 PINE TREE 0-4

PINE TREE 31 @ Mt. PLEASANT 65 LONGVIEW 2-2

SULPHUR SPRINGS 2-2

Tonights games: *TEXAS HIGH @ MARSHALL, GREENVILLE @ HALLSVILLE, SULPHUR SPRINGS @ PINE TREE,

MT. PLEASANT @ LONGVIEW.

* 15-5A Game of the week on iPHONE TuneIn Radio APP Search for KTXK 91.5FM Texarkana

Boys

Marshall 4-0, 21-1

Tex High 4-0, 8-9

Mt Pleasant 3-1, 10-11

Longview 2-2, 10-9

S Springs 2-2, 7-14

Hallsville 1-3, 7-12

Pine Tree 0-4, ?-?

Greenville 0-4, 2-17

Girls

Longview 6-0, 21-1

Tex High 5-1, 14-5

Hallsville 4-2, 13-10

S Springs 3-3, 12-8

Pine Tree 3-3, 11-9

Marshall 2-4, ?-?

MP 1-5, ?-?

Greenville 0-6, 6-16

Longview is def the #3 team in district. There is a drop off between them and the #4 team. Whoever claims that last playoff spot is going to be relatively weak. Marshall locked up best team status tonight but better believe we will be tested at home against the Lobos and even more so at Texas High. The Tigers had a very good JV team so i wonder why they wouldnt bring 1 or 2 players up to varsity just for extra bodies. Their coach was having to constantly sub players to keep them from being worn out. With only 4 on the bench to begin with and lose 1 with cramps and 2 foul out you dont have much left to work with.