Week 14: COWBOYS @ Bears on Thursday Night Football

Dallas @ Chicago  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Winner!!!!

• Dallas Cowboys (8 - 4)
    • Chicago Bears (5 - 7)

I must be missing something but how is Seattle ahead of Dallas for a Wild-Card spot with the same record but Dallas won head-to-head?

It would be a 3 way tie scenario with Dallas, Seattle, and Detroit, and there are different rules for that situation......

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be missing something but how is Seattle ahead of Dallas for a Wild-Card spot with the same record but Dallas won head-to-head?

Not real sure why, because I'm like you, Dallas won the head-to-head over Seattle. But I do know after the Cowboys lost to the Eagles on Thanksgiving, one of the announcers said, regardless who won the game between the Seahawks and the 49ers the Cowboys would still be currently out of the playoff picture because of the conference record. Didn't make sense to me then and it still don't make sense, because I thought the head-to-head game was looked at first if both teams shared the same record.

Not real sure why, because I'm like you, Dallas won the head-to-head over Seattle. But I do know after the Cowboys lost to the Eagles on Thanksgiving, one of the announcers said, regardless who one the game between the Seahawks and the 49ers the Cowboys would still be currently out of the playoff picture because of the conference record. Didn't make sense to me then and it still don't make sense, because I thought the head-to-head game was looked at first if both teams shared the same record.

See the above post......it's a THREE WAY situation and the head to head goes out the door in some situations of that scenario......

I was just wondering about De, I love his love for the game. I just thought he was really mad as that one coach

I was just wondering about Dez, I love his love for the game. I just thought he was really mad as that one coach

I was just wondering about Dez, I love his love for the game. I just thought he was really mad as that one coach

Excuse me for being incorrect. He averages about 30-35 touches a game. While it isn't 41 touches, it is still a heavy workload

Forte averages 24.9 touches per game. 16.5 rushing and 8.4 receiving. DeMarco Murray averages 32.0 touches per game.

You can try to downplay the success that Murray is having this season, but you are very wrong. He is having an exceptional year.

Forte averages 24.9 touches per game. 16.5 rushing and 8.4 receiving. DeMarco Murray averages 32.0 touches per game.

You can try to downplay the success that Murray is having this season, but you are very wrong. He is having an exceptional year.

Did I say anywhere that I was downplaying murray's success? Now someone is putting words in my mouth. I was simply speaking on the workload, and how running backs are viewed as expendable. My numbers were incorrect, but nowhere in either of my posts does it say that I think murray's success is average. Get off of your defensive high horse

Did I say anywhere that I was downplaying murray's success? Now someone is putting words in my mouth. I was simply speaking on the workload, and how running backs are viewed as expendable. My numbers were incorrect, but nowhere in either of my posts does it say that I think murray's success is average. Get off of your defensive high horse

Fair enough... my apologies. I thought you were just poking and looking for debate.

I was just wondering about De, I love his love for the game. I just thought he was really mad as that one coach

I thought you were being punished and had to type this 50 times.