The Coaching Carousel

Baron

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good recruiter, poor developer.

from The UT football website:

"Three of the top four players on Oklahoma's all-time receptions chart have played under Norvell's direction – Ryan Broyles (349), Kenny Stills (204) and Juaquin Iglesias (202) – while five of the top six single-season reception marks have come under Norvell."

Sounds pretty good to me.

from The UT football website:

"Three of the top four players on Oklahoma's all-time receptions chart have played under Norvell's direction – Ryan Broyles (349), Kenny Stills (204) and Juaquin Iglesias (202) – while five of the top six single-season reception marks have come under Norvell."

Sounds pretty good to me.

He coached Iglesias for one season (2008).

Kenny Stills is definitely his best recruit/receiver at OU. However since Stills (class of 2009). Norvell failed to develop the recruit he brought in. OUs saving grace were both transfers Justin Brown (Penn State) and Jalen Saundes (Fresno State) who were both upperclassmen when they arrived at Oklahoma,

He coached Iglesias for one season (2008).

Kenny Stills is definitely his best recruit/receiver at OU. However since Stills (class of 2009). Norvell failed to develop the recruit he brought in. OUs saving grace were both transfers Justin Brown (Penn State) and Jalen Saundes (Fresno State) who were both upperclassmen when they arrived at Oklahoma,

Yeah, he's still probably better than Koenning.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #VaTech's Aaron Moorehead will become Texas A&M's new WR coach, source tells @FoxSports. 1st reported by @TexAgs

I haven't decided how I feel about that hire. Kind of out of left field. I don't know anything about him.

Apparently he got Midwest ties. That will be interesting in recruiting in big 10 country. Heard he s good recruiter.

I'll be shocked if he ever lands a kid from the Midwest. A&M needs to just take care of its little sliver of east texas. 😂

I'll be shocked if he ever lands a kid from the Midwest. A&M needs to just take care of its little sliver of east texas.

This! While it's cool to go out and get out of state guys when you can, you have to realize that those commitments might not stand all the way to NSD. Texas is going through this right now with the Florida 5. It's down to 4 and could possibly move to 3 with Tim Irvin hosting D. Davis next week. Really shady if you ask me, but I also thought it was uncool for some of the Aggie kids to tweet Boyd and Hill negative comments about Texas while they were on their OV.

This! While it's cool to go out and get out of state guys when you can, you have to realize that those commitments might not stand all the way to NSD. Texas is going through this right now with the Florida 5. It's down to 4 and could possibly move to 3 with Tim Irvin hosting D. Davis next week. Really shady if you ask me, but I also thought it was uncool for some of the Aggie kids to tweet Boyd and Hill negative comments about Texas while they were on their OV.

That charles O (de recruit I don't know how to spell the name of) has constantly been bashing A&M and tweeting it to recruits for a year now.

Moorehead will not be in CS long. Not a slam on aggie land but a prop to his talent. He will be an OC very soon.

Would love that... Apparently coaches love working for Sumlin because of his ability to get them promotions other places. Very good article on it if you have the spare time.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=He-empowers-you-How-Kevin-Sumlin-has-quickly-developed-his-coaching-tree

If Charles O. is tweeting Aggie recruits negatives while they are on their OV to A&M, it's still uncool to me. I don't care what they tweet to each other throughout the week. I'm talking about tweeting during their visit. Just seems over the line IMO.

If Charles O. is tweeting Aggie recruits negatives while they are on their OV to A&M, it's still uncool to me. I don't care what they tweet to each other throughout the week. I'm talking about tweeting during their visit. Just seems over the line IMO.

I think a lot of things are over the line when it comes to recruiting these days.