2A DI State Semi-Final: Centerville (10-3) vs Mason (13-0)

sportsdog

State Semi- Finals  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Centerville or Mason

• Centerville
    • Mason

The UIL is confused apparently as their website shows Refugio vs. Centerville. What I find most odd is when I checked their site last night for the first time, it had Mason winning 24-20. I checked again later and now it shows Refugio 20-17.

Mason loves to grind it out so does Centerville. At the end of the night I think that Centervilles speed will be to much for Mason. The power that Centerville has up the middle for hard yardage is almost unstoppable, and if you let #2 Tulley Pickens outside, have fun trying to catch him. Centerville has been playing dynamite "D" all season. Their D line doesn't get shoved around easily. Plus they have #20 (Senior Trey Williams 6'1 180) their OL B and leading tackler that runs a 4.4 in the 40. He has run down all types of runners this season. Don't forget the beasts they have like #52, 77, 66, 72. With the running of #44 Trevor Goolsby, and #6 CJ Denman, but also don't forget #5 Chance Carrigan, another hard hitting speed demon with hands of glue. This looks to be a Centerville win. But they still have to suit it up and play, looking forward to watching this game Friday night.

Now I have played on every level of football. High school, college, and some pro. Any kid that runs a true 4.4 forty had to be clocked at a collegiate camp with Lazer timing. Thomas from mart don't even run. A 4.4 forty and yall couldn't catch him. Good luck against mason.

One thing to remember. Mart only beat Centerville by 2 touchdowns. all the experts said they wouldn't score more than 14 against them, and they scored 35. Also they had several players that were injured. #2 was playing hurt with a hip flexor issue, #72 was out with a neck injury, #52 was injured but played with a back issue, #20 had a broken hand that was wrapped like a Christmas gift and still played, #44 had an ankle bothering him. Only 2 other teams all season scored more than 14 against Mart, one was Crawford, and the other McGregor. Crawford put up 49, and Mcgregor 23. If they held Mart to 49, and scored 35 with an injured and banged up team, I would love to see the rematch between them with a healthy and fully functioning Centerville Tigers team. Would be an outstanding game. I am not saying that Mart is not a very talented team, but truth be told a Centerville / Mart rematch would be awesome.

Centerville was pretty much always down 14 or 21. Wouldn't say they were ever really in the game. Just because the final score says a 14 point loss doesn't mean anything. If you watch the game, Mart was never really threatened. And if the kid is playing, then he is just hurt. Kids play hurt all the time with bum ankles, backs, etc, so I wouldn't use that excuse. Teams can say that all the time if they wanted. Only person missing was 72 and also 6 because of transfer rules....I would focus on Mason instead of talking about Mart.

Oh cosby didn't play that game also. I am a football expert. That why smoaky wanted to do a interview with me on mart football. Name is John garrett. No need to hide behind a screen name. Google it or ask around about me lol. I was at the centerville game. Mart was never ever threatened. We also was hit with the injury bug against yall. Good luck against mason.

Just because you used to be good at football doesn't mean you're an expert. The word "expert" is relative anyways. Are you an expert on smoaky? Probably, most of these guys don't know anything about football. But a football expert would still be doing football activities at the highest level, the NFL...

Oh cosby didn't play that game also. I am a football expert. That why smoaky wanted to do a interview with me on mart football. Name is John garrett. No need to hide behind a screen name. Google it or ask around about me lol. I was at the centerville game. Mart was never ever threatened. We also was hit with the injury bug against yall. Good luck against mason.

Cosby played..but wasn't at 100%...he only had 10 carries...limped on that ankle the whole game...

Offensively, Lonnie Green, Quan Cosby, Roddy Green, Lee McClendon, and D'Nerian Thomas are in a league of their own.

Defensively, John Garrett, Heston Adler, Mark Reynolds, Tim Jones, and Collin Nail

You could throw big tank on the offensive side of the ball as well with those cats I mentioned. Believe he was an all state RB and remember him returning kicks back there with Quan.

If you don't appreciate Mart football, you don't appreciate Texas HS football.

Back to the thread, Centerville is rolling and are playing sound, smashmouth football and are clicking on all cylinders. Coach Hardee will have his troops prepared and ready to battle. Sure hoping to see a Centerville and Mart rematch as Mart will have a much tougher time if they do meet back up next week as not only is it hard to beat the same team twice in same season but Mart will have trouble up the middle without Nail. Good luck to both Mart and Centerville this week

Offensively, Lonnie Green, Quan Cosby, Roddy Green, Lee McClendon, and D'Nerian Thomas are in a league of their own.

Defensively, John Garrett, Heston Adler, Mark Reynolds, Tim Jones, and Collin Nail

You could throw big tank on the offensive side of the ball as well with those cats I mentioned. Believe he was an all state RB and remember him returning kicks back there with Quan.

If you don't appreciate Mart football, you don't appreciate Texas HS football.

Back to the thread, Centerville is rolling and are playing sound, smashmouth football and are clicking on all cylinders. Coach Hardee will have his troops prepared and ready to battle. Sure hoping to see a Centerville and Mart rematch as Mart will have a much tougher time if they do meet back up next week as not only is it hard to beat the same team twice in same season but Mart will have trouble up the middle without Nail. Good luck to both Mart and Centerville this week

Where's Nail gonna be? And Mart won't have any trouble plucking centerville twice.

I'll preface the following with this: numbers are just numbers. Don't mean anything when you are on the field.

That being said,

Mason opponents average scoring 27 points/game this year. They average only 9 against Mason.

Mason opponents averaged giving up 24 points/game. Mason offense averaged 44 in those games.

Centerville opponents average scoring 34 points/game. They averaged 21 against Centerville.

Centerville opponents averaged giving up 26 points/game Centerville offense averaged 42 in those games.

When I put that all together, over the entire season, and compare Mason offense and defense with Centerville offense and defense, it gives Mason a 10 point advantage.

Uncertain about the overall health of Mason through the season but I know Centerville hasn't been what I consider 100% until the last game of district. All players back on the field. Everyone dealing with something but everyone can play.

Over those last 4 games, It comes out to Centerville by 4

I know this is only stats and it doesn't figure in how they stack up on the field, turnovers, etc. but it's a pretty interesting way to look at it.

Give me Centerville by 4