LE Basketball

Dubb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's scary is that Texas High will have trouble making the playoffs. I can't see L-E beating Paris or North Lamar and I hear Quinlan Ford is pretty good, too. That probably means L-E will be fighting Atlanta and Pittsburg for final playoff berth. The Leopards will definitely improve over THS disaster, but the facts are they're not very experienced, poor shooting team right now, poor ball handlers. L-E was running out of control tonight, I hope that's not going to continue. I'll support who ever coaches L-E, but letting Colvins and Cochran get away will always be crazy to me. I don't blame Coach Wells either. L-E's inner-circle knows why Cochran and Colvins left.

What's scary is that Texas High will have trouble making the playoffs. I can't see L-E beating Paris or North Lamar and I hear Quinlan Ford is pretty good, too. That probably means L-E will be fighting Atlanta and Pittsburg for final playoff berth. The Leopards will definitely improve over THS disaster, but the facts are they're not very experienced, poor shooting team right now, poor ball handlers. L-E was running out of control tonight, I hope that's not going to continue. I'll support who ever coaches L-E, but letting Colvins and Cochran get away will always be crazy to me. I don't blame Coach Wells either. L-E's inner-circle knows why Cochran and Colvins left.

Exactly they start no one over 6ft.

They won't be able to beat many teams especially who can beat the press.

I Coachran couldn't do much with the girls we have now and most people agree but if the boys don't get better there is no excuse and Byrdsong has something to prove because he has not had good teams lately. But as far as Coachran goes he inherited a really good Texas High squad they have a D1 player actually. LE has to get these guys going when the football boys came the chemistry reset and the Two starting gaurds were not ready

Exactly they start no one over 6ft.

They won't be able to beat many teams especially who can beat the press.

I Coachran couldn't do much with the girls we have now and most people agree but if the boys don't get better there is no excuse and Byrdsong has something to prove because he has not had good teams lately. But as far as Coachran goes he inherited a really good Texas High squad they have a D1 player actually. LE has to get these guys going when the football boys came the chemistry reset and the Two starting gaurds were not ready

L-E is going to have two groups and they did start one guy that was 6-4. The second group had two 6-4's and a 6-3. Everybody I've talked to says Coach Byrdsong is an outstanding coach and I'll believe that until its proved wrong. I also disagree about Coach Cochran not winning more. It's true the girls don't have the type players they've had, but he never had a losing season, and although he probably would have had one, they would be better. I don't even know what their record is because they never call the newspaper.

You are right, they were playing out of control. But LE has a lot of athlete that can play, we just have to pull it together.

Texas High plays at Paris on Saturday. I know Tigers are supposed to be young this year, but this should be a pretty good test for the Cats.

It's still early in the season. L-E will get better, but I doubt they'll grow height. Paris and NL have it; the rest of the teams in the district don't.

It's the same as last year's district. Only football (and soccer) is different. Right now the pecking order in boys basketball is Paris-NL-PG. Pitt will challenge for that 4th playoff berth. Atlanta hasn't shown anything, but, of course, they had the long football run.

Texas High plays at Paris on Saturday. I know Tigers are supposed to be young this year, but this should be a pretty good test for the Cats.

It's still early in the season. L-E will get better, but I doubt they'll grow height. Paris and NL have it; the rest of the teams in the district don't.

Paris is the truth!!! I don't see Texas High beating yall. With Johnson and Embry twins, they should roll!!

LE has height Texas High doesn't

I don't think L-E has the type of height that will contend inside with either Paris or NL. NL has a burly 6-7 and a 6-5. The Paris kids are all 6-5, which doesn't seem impressive, but they all have big wingspans, are "basketball" quick and work well in concert. All 3 play club ball, and it shows on the court. In fact, all 5 Paris starters are basketball-only. That makes a big difference in early season play. L-E will improve, but they've got a long way to go and the universal off-season doesn't allow the kind of time needed to catch up. Leopards should be state contenders next year in football, but it comes at a price, and that price is reduced expectations in the other sports. That's just the state of high school athletics these days. It's tough relying on multi-sport athletes.

Paris is the truth!!! I don't see Texas High beating yall. With Johnson and Embry twins, they should roll!!

Hope you're right. Tigers spanked us pretty severe last year. If we get by THS, we should be 12-0 heading into our tournament. That would be kinda neat.

I don't think L-E has the type of height that will contend inside with either Paris or NL. NL has a burly 6-7 and a 6-5. The Paris kids are all 6-5, which doesn't seem impressive, but they all have big wingspans, are "basketball" quick and work well in concert. All 3 play club ball, and it shows on the court. In fact, all 5 Paris starters are basketball-only. That makes a big difference in early season play. L-E will improve, but they've got a long way to go and the universal off-season doesn't allow the kind of time needed to catch up. Leopards should be state contenders next year in football, but it comes at a price, and that price is reduced expectations in the other sports. That's just the state of high school athletics these days. It's tough relying on multi-sport athletes.

We have 3 6'4" post men. Our problem will be chemistry and youth we have the talent to compete for district trust me and our JV will win district if they stay good with their grades they are looking really good.