Week 15: COWBOYS @ Eagles

Dallas @ Philadelphia  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this key NFC East battle???

• Dallas Cowboys (9 - 4)
    • Philadelphia Eagles (9 - 4)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game came down to turnovers (Philly leads the NFL in giveaways) and the Eagles' stubborn attitude of loading up 8 and 9 defenders to stop Murray at all costs. This has been a year long problem with the Eagles D; they will stay in 4-3 personnel (with a safety in the box) even against 3 wide, and single covering Dez seemed to have worked as well as single covering Jordy Nelson.

Also it appeared Marinelli finally caved and let Brandon Carr play some more man coverage after his spent most of the game flailing about in zone. Once he got in Maclin's face and just jammed him off the line, his situation improved greatly. Sanchez started looking away from him, forcing passes into to tight ends, and promptly turned the ball over 3 times doing this.

I see no where the offense is slowing down. They have taken shots downfield all night and still mixing run and pass. The defense is not quitting. They are making gambles to get the ball and are still taking bad angles and poor tackling. But they are still getting after it.

Face it. Philly has a good offense and are tough to stop.

I realize we scored 21 unanswered, but they responded with 24 unanswered, so yes we slowed down. Sanchez went to being Sanchez again, and we pulled the game out. Which I'm glad we did. If we can win the next two we will be the NFC East Champs. What scares me, is having home field advantage in the playoffs. I really don't want to travel back to Seattle or play in Green Bay, but playing at home seems just as bad. Hopefully Detroit or Arizona will win out, but I don't see that happening with Sea @ Arizona this week and Detroit @ Green Bay the final week. If we do make the playoffs I think it's going to be tough.

I realize we scored 21 unanswered, but they responded with 24 unanswered, so yes we slowed down. Sanchez went to being Sanchez again, and we pulled the game out. Which I'm glad we did. If we can win the next two we will be the NFC East Champs. What scares me, is having home field advantage in the playoffs. I really don't want to travel back to Seattle or play in Green Bay, but playing at home seems just as bad. Hopefully Detroit or Arizona will win out, but I don't see that happening with Sea @ Arizona this week and Detroit @ Green Bay the final week. If we do make the playoffs I think it's going to be tough.

oh yeah it will be tough but it should be because it's the playoffs. the best scenario of course would be to win the division but another one would be Detroit losing out and the Cowboys going 1-1 and get a wild card then they would probably go to Philly again. but making the playoffs is top priority then you just have to play whoever. at some point if you are going to the Super Bowl you will have to go through GB and Seattle but just winning a playoff game will be a big step

I see you're still having a hard time giving the "Boys" credit. It's always about the other team's failing. Never about something the Cowboys did. Giving up those points is not about Dallas letting up. Sometimes the other team plays well enough to do it. Dallas was fortunate to make the great stops that they did during the game. Philly is just going to move the ball.

If I remember right you did not see any way Dallas would beat Philly. You also never saw Green Bay getting beat by Buffalo. I keep saying there is not separating NFL teams in talent.

Again.... show me where the defense quit yesterday?

This defense plays hard and doesn't quit. They have been wore out a few times, but quitting & being out of gas are 2 different things. There is just not enough DL push to make it a good defense. This is about as good as it gets until we can get a rush. Dallas finally going to a rush-first offense has saved the day.

I actually think the Cowboys/Eagles game may have been the Superbowl. I feel this year's champion will go through the Cowboys/Eagles conference. "Ol Seattle, SF, and Broncos, plus the Saints aint what they used to be. I know they have to keep playin' the games out but sometimes I sense that the other teams would just assume not to.

I actually think the Cowboys/Eagles game may have been the Superbowl. I feel this year's champion will go through the Cowboys/Eagles conference. "Ol Seattle, SF, and Broncos, plus the Saints aint what they used to be. I know they have to keep playin' the games out but sometimes I sense that the other teams would just assume not to.

As long as Dallas has an adequate defense I think most teams do not want to face Dallas because of their offense.