Best/Worst HS Playoff Stadium

cowtownhorn

Going to start this off on an odd foot. Floyd Casey. Someone took a dump in a visitor side trough. Anyone familiar with the Case knows they shut down the visitor side at points during games. I see how this happened.

Okay, Floyd Casey still my favorite for simple reasons (thank you mother nature on all those visits):

1-Show up 45m to kick

2-free parking (some in my top list charge---FC never did)

3-seat on 40-40 yard line

2-Mesquite Memorial

3-Birdville ISD

4-Waco ISD

5-Justin Northwest ISD Stadium

6-Abilene Shotwell

7-Wichita Falls Memorial

going to give HEB Pennington an honorable mention if you are a "walkup" fan, not a visitor. Pennington beats Midlo due to the huge home side for walkups. If FWISD would ever pull their heads out Farrington would rocket to the top of the list---Farrington facilities currently still sorely lacking.

WORST

1-AT&T Stadium. Allen vs DeSoto, 2014. Jerry will open 3 lots for you. Jerry will have 10 people on top of those 6 working the ticket booth for you. Maybe a couple of extra dozen working the gates---when 30,000 are expected. Again, 30 thousand. If you are going to a game here, be here early, and even then, do not expect a decent seat. AT&T is great for the kids and Jerry, but horrid for the fans. I do not like watching games from the endzone-maybe you do. Doesn't help the RR facilities are 50 yards away. I had to listen to how this place was going to be world-class---5 years before it was built. I expect more.

2-SMU. Should be one of the best. Minimal ticket office folks on gameday. ZERO parking.

3-Midlothian ISD. Continually getting games bigger than the stadium (8,000) was meant to hold.

DIShonorable mention: Denton ISD and Mansfield ISD: horrid in/out traffic. 635 at 5pm traffic. Absolutely great stadiums otherwise.

Will also mention Kyle Field, Katy/Plano title game back in the 90's. ATM wouldn't open any upper decks. Katy alum told me they'd never go back there.

Really sad I had a game to go to during the Cedar Hill/Lake Travis game at Floyd Casey last December. Looking forward to game at McLane.

Disagree, share, etc. Left out smaller stadiums, but include likes/dislikes on those.

Yoe/Daingerfield state title game got farmed out to Mansfield ISD in '11(?). Way too small for that one (11,650(?)).

For the record, dislike centralized state title games. Good for TV, not great for traveling fans.

And for point of reference, first playoff game was over at old Belton High in 1980/81 involving Bruceville-Eddy and Granger. Seen every stadium from Austin to BCS to north Waco.

Make it fun and tell everyone why you love/hate it.

Worst stadium was just last weekend. Cameron Yormen vs Rockdale Tigers at Georgetown ISD. Stadium holds 12,000 and attendance was 11,500. Both schools warned them as our regular season game drew over 8,000.

They had 1 person, YES ONE, taking money in the parking lot! A lot of fans didn't get in until the 2nd quarter!

I agree with Jerryworld. No RR facilities close by, the tv screen hangs too low- if I wanted to watch the game on tv I would have stayed home! And not enough staff to clean after so many people

New Caney had a great facility

Hate to say this about my alma mater, but you gotta throw TAMU-Commerce Memorial stadium on there. Parking has improved a lot, but it still a tad bit of a walk across campus. That said, stadium seats 13,500, but it seats 3,500 on one side and 10,000 on the other side, making it very lopsided. I know what they try to do is to split it up to where 6,750 seats are for the home fans on the home side and the rest are zoned to make up for the shortfall on the visitor side, making it very strange.

Not really made for high school though.

Carthage is a really good site for small schools in East Texas. They go to great lengths to create a big-game experience. Parking isn't bad, it's easy to get in and out of, good concessions and restrooms are clean. I also liked Ennis when we played there a few years back.

I don't know 100% about fan experience. And we haven't ever hosted more than a first round game, but San Augustine treats the teams real well. Both teams have nice locker rooms (home team actually has 2). Both coaching staffs have a separate dressing area. Set up a nice hospitality room for anyone of importance (coaches, families, administrators etc). Try to let those involved be 100% focused on the game and not have to worry about anything else.

Carthage is a really good site for small schools in East Texas. They go to great lengths to create a big-game experience. Parking isn't bad, it's easy to get in and out of, good concessions and restrooms are clean. I also liked Ennis when we played there a few years back.

Agreed, we've played there the last 2 years and it's been great both times. We are 2-0 there as well so that tends to help as well!

Worst stadium was just last weekend. Cameron Yormen vs Rockdale Tigers at Georgetown ISD. Stadium holds 12,000 and attendance was 11,500. Both schools warned them as our regular season game drew over 8,000.

They had 1 person, YES ONE, taking money in the parking lot! A lot of fans didn't get in until the 2nd quarter!

I agree with Jerryworld. No RR facilities close by, the tv screen hangs too low- if I wanted to watch the game on tv I would have stayed home! And not enough staff to clean after so many people

East Caney had a great facility

Best Austin Area: Cedar Park's Gupton Stadium. Home field to Leander ISD's Cedar Park and Vista Ridge High Schools, Gupton is as good as it gets for parking and overall fan experience. No track, so the fans are close to the field. Easy access/parking. Only been open a few years, so it seems the playoff games aren't making it there with the exception of Austin area schools that know about it. Yoe/Rockdale would have been much better at Gupton as well as Burnet/Liberty Hill which played at Round Rock's Kelly Reeves (aka Palace at Parmer).

If you're going to have a playoff game in the Austin area and you can't get in to UT, there simply isn't a better stadium.

Royse City is great for playoff games.

They go all out for the players and offer a very nice venue for fans.

How many does that stadium hold? We passed on that stadium for our semifinal game because TexasBob has it's capacity at 6,500. That's less than what Buckeye Stadium holds. That doesn't sound right.

Making the trip to Georgetown Friday. Love Waco ISD from a broadcasting standpoint. Full glass in front, phone lines, crowd mic fed into the pressbox, replay TV in the booth, parking just outside the elevator and a pretty good food spread.

The ONLY bad thing about Waco ISD is the speed of the elevator. I hear there are 10 old men who pull ropes to let you go up and down.

Tyler Rose Stadium is great on the home side, one of the worst on the visitors side ...

SFA very good site ...

Don't care for Waco ISD and all their nit picking rules .... can't stand here, can't stand there, don't touch this, don't touch that

How many does that stadium hold? We passed on that stadium for our semifinal game because TexasBob has it's capacity at 6,500. That's less than what Buckeye Stadium holds. That doesn't sound right.

Texas Bob is way off. Royse City should get that info corrected. I don't know exact numbers, but it's at least 10,000. Been there several times and it's my favorite for coaches, players and fans. Sports writers and radio people, too.

Texas Bob is way off. Royse City should get that info corrected. I don't know exact numbers, but it's at least 10,000. Been there several times and it's my favorite for coaches, players and fans. Sports writers and radio people, too.

Stadium holds about 10,000. Architects designed the stadium and posted the seating for the home side only. 2009, Royse City vs Rockwall-Heath, over 8000 tickets sold at the gate. Pre-game ticket sales were out the roof and there was still seating available. Ask, Liberty Eylau vs Argyle crowd. Great game....plenty of room.

Tyler Rose Stadium is great on the home side, one of the worst on the visitors side ...

SFA very good site ...

Don't care for Waco ISD and all their nit picking rules .... can't stand here, can't stand there, don't touch this, don't touch that

How so? Same amount of seats on both sides.

Stadium holds about 10,000. Architects designed the stadium and posted the seating for the home side only. 2009, Royse City vs Rockwall-Heath, over 8000 tickets sold at the gate. Pre-game ticket sales were out the roof and there was still seating available. Ask, Liberty Eylau vs Argyle crowd. Great game....plenty of room.

My understanding...problem was visitor side...Gilmer will bring 6,000 with the rain...Celina would not let us have Home...sorry...I was excited that I did not have to enter Dallas...now look...right in the gut.