Hooks Basketball

OLEMAN

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hooks is for real for sure. Their big man is awsome. What I see as their biggest asset. That kid from the Dallas area can handle the ball better than Hooks has had the last. Few years. Will they handle LE late in the season No! They don't have to. Not will they beat Cville who has for or five tall kids. I do think Hooks will take their dist and make it to the regional finals (stepping out abit). The Hornets have room to improve. Just glad I can finally see Quality BB close to home

I think Hooks is for real for sure. Their big man is awsome. What I see as their biggest asset. That kid from the Dallas area can handle the ball better than Hooks has had the last. Few years. Will they handle LE late in the season No! They don't have to. Not will they beat Cville who has for or five tall kids. I do think Hooks will take their dist and make it to the regional finals (stepping out abit). The Hornets have room to improve. Just glad I can finally see Quality BB close to home

Hooks should win about 25 wins tho

LE was playing without 3 Starters including thier Point Guard.

Hooks should win about 25 games forreal tho

I doubt they handle LE is full strength . They should 'be able to. I say the same thing a out my home town of Cville. The Leopard should win

Will or could they who knows. I think the Tigers and the

Hornets are set for good seasons. Mimdomworry about the Tigers abit be ause they are still young. It don't matter that 3 or 4 of

Them are 6'5" or better. They still babies

Amen to watching good basketball on our area! The Leopards are gonna be tough when they get their basketball legs, and the Tigers are always fun to watch! Best of luck to all of them!

No best of luck to Hooks. I won't say I will root for them over Hooks just yet but the time will come. I got a grandson that plays point guard in the 6th grad at Hooks and he is as good as I have seen. Lots of heart and alot of atheletesim ( bat spelling! Yea I M and be a Hooks fan

They could easily make regionals, at least assuming the brackets are the same as last year. Realignment moved all those pesky charter schools (the Life Oaks and Dallas Faith Family) over into the other quarter of the bracket with Brock and Ponder and them. Looking at their remaining schedule Hooks shouldn't lose another game.

After looking at there schedule it shouldn't be a surprise they have only loss one game. Martin Mill's is the only team of substance (loss by 18), LE doesn't qualify bc they weren't even a week out of football and they were missing 6 players to ACT test (Texas high beat them by 50 last night with all of there players). They've played Romeo Prep, Tom Bean, Bonham, Mcleod, CHAAMPS (a home school team), Maud, Texas High JV, Atlanta, Brownsboro JV, and Hughes Springs that's to name a few. If its confidence you want to get the players, job well done. If its getting them ready for a deep playoff run, not so much. That's the difference in the Paris's, Clarksville's, Avery's, Tatum's, Texas High's New Boston's, and Pleasant Grove's of the world, they're not afraid to play bigger schools and take there lumps to get better...

I know for a fact that we tried to get many area 4 a schools to play last spring! Those schools had nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing is. I guess you've got to get games where you can unless you want to travel to Dallas/Tyler every week. I doubt the admin. Would like the gas and hotel bill for that! Our tourney was very week , but those were the only teams that committed and several bigger schools around here agreed to come and then dropped out! It's kind of hard to not play your own tourney when your hosting it! Tom bean has won 8 in a row since our lost including a tourney championship, Bonham won the Paris tourney last year, but who knew they would fall off, and Hughes springs is a projected playoff team! Just sayin!

Pleasant Grove does not want any of Hooks in any sport. They are like Bill Clinton in the 70s. I believe PG and LE had said they were going to play in the Hooks tournament and both dropped out. It is a no win situation for them. If they lose it looks bad to get beat by a smaller school. If they win then they are supposed to win. PG does not want to lose to Hooks because it could affect them in getting the Red Lick kids, which is starting to happen. The big kid is averaging around 25 points and 10 rebouds a game. He is one of the best in the area. Hooks has a great team this year, but this will not be as good of a team as we will have next year. Hooks basketball will be good as long as Chris Pennington is the coach. He is not afraid to play competition, which he showed by entering the Brownsboro tournament. He has been successful every where he has been.

Pleasant Grove does not want any of Hooks in any sport. They are like Bill Clinton in the 70s. I believe PG and LE had said they were going to play in the Hooks tournament and both dropped out. It is a no win situation for them. If they lose it looks bad to get beat by a smaller school. If they win then they are supposed to win. PG does not want to lose to Hooks because it could affect them in getting the Red Lick kids, which is starting to happen. The big kid is averaging around 25 points and 10 rebouds a game. He is one of the best in the area. Hooks has a great team this year, but this will not be as good of a team as we will have next year. Hooks basketball will be good as long as Chris Pennington is the coach. He is not afraid to play competition, which he showed by entering the Brownsboro tournament. He has been successful every where he has been.

please...

you are way off in your statement of why pg doesnt play hooks in hoops or other sports as well......I am fairly certain afraid of "losing kids" aint the reason...pg was scheduled to play in lindale trny on first weekend since early last spring...