Hooks Basketball

OLEMAN

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my past experiences it seems like a game of this type is way to much for this gym. The gym is nice but with limited seating I think it will make enjoying the game difficult on the fans by being so cramped.

I heard the CH coach has been a butt about where to play... I know District Champs don't get all the say, but how in the world does a 4th place team get that much say???

If Waskom can put pressure on the ball and shoot outside the paint they will probably handle Hooks fairly easily

SMDH, what a crazy statement. Let me try...... If Hooks scores more points than Waskom, they will probably win.

Dont know much about Waskom, but Hooks is pretty good and takes what you give them and of course there is the big guy in the middle who hasnt been contained all year.

I think this will be a very good game, both teams ranked in Top 25, good luck to both teams.

I believe waskoms tallest guy is 6-1 maybe.. they are really fast an wrk great together as a team..

I graduated from a 4A school in 1983. The tallest kid on the basketball team was 6-3 and that team made it to state.

Good fundamentals and almost perfect free throw shooting can carry you far.

How many teams really work on free throws? Our coach attached a smaller rim on top of the regular rim and we had to make 20 free throw before we could leave. I can still shoot free throws to this day. ;)

B000GDC4K0.01.SWCH.LXXXXXXX._V370805191_

I never made Varsity. Too short and weak but man I could shoot free throws. LOL

Our coach never put on a smaller rim. We had to run gassers then shoot 10 free throws, we had to make 8 out of 10 twice before we were done every day. He wanted us to learn to make them when we were tired.

Coach used to make us shoot a basketball through a thimble 100 times then run a 4 minute mile after every practice.

Seems lik y'all would have had a better year than u did. Goes to show even a great coach still has to have some talant to work with