• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. Chism played tough

Dang. Chism played tough

Own except for the Hornets

Shows the difference in the level of play. Our dist is d

Down except for Hooks. The boys from Hooks and their coaches can make noise. Believe me they will meat alot of talant in the next couple of weeks. Play 4 qtrs as a teams

I don't think common opponents can tell you who will win. Some teams play better against certain style opponents. Match ups and who can create their style will win!

I don't think common opponents can tell you who will win. Some teams play better against certain style opponents. Match ups and who can create their style will win!

So proud of our DeKalb Bears. Made the playoffs for the first time in 25 years, and brought home the Bi-District Championship as well.

4 seed Tom Bean upset 1 seed Quitman last night 67-65, so DeKalb will face off against Tom Bean in the area round.

Nothing had been finalized when I went to bed last night, but we are looking at Saturday in the Paris area.

Here is a neat little video our DHS Newscast team put together right after we clinched a playoff spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPqLybo_Aek

So proud of our DeKalb Bears. Made the playoffs for the first time in 25 years, and brought home the Bi-District Championship as well.

4 seed Tom Bean upset 1 seed Quitman last night 67-65, so DeKalb will face off against Tom Bean in the area round.

Nothing had been finalized when I went to bed last night, but we are looking at Saturday in the Paris area.

Here is a neat little video our DHS Newscast team put together right after we clinched a playoff spot.

Congrats and good luck

Hooks beat Tom Bean by 17. Commerce lost to Tom Bean by 2....do you guys think common opponents matter? BTW I don't just trying to get something going!

Just don't think you can take a lot of stock in this common opponent match-up. Hooks played Tom Bean in November, there is a lot of growth and maturity that takes place playing tournaments, and then the riggers of district play. I am sure both teams are better than they were in November.

I believe Hooks is probably 10-15 point better than Commerce, but they are not a team to be taken lightly. They finished 3rd in a district that has the #11 and #12 ranked teams in the state, and all four teams from their district advanced to the area round. They will be able to play ball and they know what it is like to play a quality opponent.

The biggest keys for Hooks is the pressure defense and ball movement. Good luck to both teams and safe travels.

Hooks 68

Commerce 54

Congrats to the bears and a great video. I saw it on FB yesterday. Keep fighting hard. The Hornets will be cheering for ya the rest the way, well unless we meet again!!!

like my comment states I don't think common opponents matter. I just wanted a conversation to start. I was kinda bored, but I think as long as Hooks bring their game it won't be very close. Anybody know what happened in the Whitewright/Mineola game? It was way closer than the experts thought!