Hooks Basketball

OLEMAN

If I'm pg I would pull out of a tourney too if I saw the competition that was in that hooks tournament. That doesn't make u better at all. It makes you're record look good but not your team better... Clarksville, Paris, new Boston can get games with the city schools, but the city schools are scared to schedule hooks? Come on man!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Paris's schedule n Clarksville's schedule, if bigger schools aren't afraid to play them don't try to tell me the bigger schools are afraid of hooks.. I'm not saying they have a bad team I know they're a talented well coached team but unless u schedule teams that will test u u may still become district champs but u will be home after the second round.

Pleasant Grove does not want any of Hooks in any sport. They are like Bill Clinton in the 70s. I believe PG and LE had said they were going to play in the Hooks tournament and both dropped out. It is a no win situation for them. If they lose it looks bad to get beat by a smaller school. If they win then they are supposed to win. PG does not want to lose to Hooks because it could affect them in getting the Red Lick kids, which is starting to happen. The big kid is averaging around 25 points and 10 rebouds a game. He is one of the best in the area. Hooks has a great team this year, but this will not be as good of a team as we will have next year. Hooks basketball will be good as long as Chris Pennington is the coach. He is not afraid to play competition, which he showed by entering the Brownsboro tournament. He has been successful every where he has been.

Are u like saying were afraid to play y'all in every sport LOL we play y'all In basketball every year do your Research we beat y'all last year pretty good yal beat us this year so did Clarksville LOL now we don't play y'all in football for obvious reasons LOL.

If you want to play up, you've got to be good over a period of time. Big schools will take a chance of losing to a smaller school that has some history. Also, to play up you have to be ready to travel as most of the larger schools will dictate that you come to their place. We've got more nonconference games at home in Clarksville this year than we have had in any of the last 10 or so. I can't remember the year but one of Clarksville state championship years we were 10-10 when district play started.

I'm glad to see Hooks on the upswing this year (and maybe next as well). Do well in the tough games you have and you will get some more on the schedule. There isn't as much disgrace in losing while playing down in basketball as there is in football.

Let me voice of reason here, HAHA, no seriously.

1) Hooks Tournament was weak, but LE backed out cause of football (congrats on a good season Leopards) and I don't Know if PG backed out or not. But if I am not mistaken this is this first Tournament in several years Hooks has Hosted. Takes time to build a good tournament. But give Coach Penn some time and I bet it will become a good one.

2) The best team Hooks has played is Martin Mills and got beat pretty good, by 18 it think. but it was also the 8th game in 9 days that Hooks had played and I believe fatigue did play a factor in that game, not taking anything away from Martin Mills. They are a solid team and would put money on the fact that they would give Clarksville (who MM beat), PG (who CL beat), LE (who HK beat), NB, and probably THS all a run for their money.

3) Who cares about who would beat who in football. LE would have waxed Hooks this year, and PG had a good season, just like Hooks, both teams made the playoffs for the first time in years. Would PG beat HK in football, IDK, and i don't care. Both schools have solid basketball teams and hope they both go far this season.

4) Can we back off the Hooks bashing. They have beat who they have played except MM. Could they play better teams, I am sure. But they have talent and if they can gel and get better each week, they have a chance to go deep into the playoffs. If I am not mistaken Hooks only has one starting senior, so they will be solid next year also. Hopefully after a successful season this year some strong/better teams will ad Hooks to their schedule.

I am sure I said something that somebody will take offense to, just trying to give an honest opinion on what I see. Good luck to all this year. Always like to see area teams have successful seasons.

Why is it so easy to get a smaller less talented school that you know you will blow out to play you, but its hard to get a bigger more talented school that may blow you out to play you? Hhmm..

Translation=like being the hunter don't want to be hunted... If you look at the majority of teams schedule that made it to Austin or regionals they played a tough nondistrict or played in a tough district or both..

I don't know your coaches history, he may have a lot of regional n state apperances so his baylor football preseason schedule may work for him.

Its not bashing its just my opinion.

Good luck to the hornets I to wish all east tx schools success bc we all know east tx schools don't get much respect state wide like in football. That's why I like to see our teams play good competition so you're prepared when u meet the city schools. Watch my wildcats Saturday, have a big one against a tx high team that beat le by 50 should be a good test for us after running through the gunslinger. #24 is special.

Why is it so easy to get a smaller less talented school that you know you will blow out to play you, but its hard to get a bigger more talented school that may blow you out to play you? Hhmm..

Translation=like being the hunter don't want to be hunted... If you look at the majority of teams schedule that made it to Austin or regionals they played a tough nondistrict or played in a tough district or both..

I don't know your coaches history, he may have a lot of regional n state apperances so his baylor football preseason schedule may work for him.

Its not bashing its just my opinion.

Knew no matter what was said, somebody would find a way to bash on it... Go figure. Hooks has played 3 4A teams in the last two weeks. IJS, don't know what else ya can do.

We have no control over the quality of our District. Non what so ever.

• 5 weeks later...

If Hooks is ranked, class 3A is WAY down! Big kid doesn't play very big and struggles against any type of physicality. Spent the entire game frustrated against Martins Mill and they have no size to speak of. If they make the regional tournament, like I said, 3A is WAY down.

Its just a ranking chill lol!

New Standings:

Hooks 5-0

Chisum 3-2

DeKalb 3-2

Prairiland 3-3

Cooper 2-3

New Boston 2-3

Redwater 0-5

Friday Games: Chisum vs Hooks

New Boston vs Redwater

Cooper vs Dekalb

Very good chance you have 5 teams tied for three playoff spots at 3-3 after the first round of district! Gonna be fun every night!

Pleasant Grove is afraid to play Hooks in any sport just might be the silliest thing I have ever seen on this site and that takes some doing.

Dude get a grip, that was a conversation that was over a month a go, both teams are in district play right now, and moving toward a playoff run, move on!!