State of Texas 4A Division 1 Football Championship

ScotlandtheBrave

Argyle vs. Navasota   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who remains undefeated and brings home the gold this year?

• Argyle
    • Navasota

we play at 12 and after we take care of wos I am going to wander over and lin my support to argil and watch them take care of those navasotas.......42-20.......EAGLES

Outstanding jackpots! So let it be written, so let it be done! Jimmy the Greek is gone, but fortunately his game calling and gaming genius live on in Gilmer, Texas! Regarding your early game it sounds like you won't need the first down crew since as one Celina poster said, you don't concern yourselves with first downs, but strictly with touch downs and scoring in general! With that in mind I am predicting Gilmer, As many as they want, WOS, quite a few less.

Calling RegalEagle, ADK, AguilaFanatico, Caveman and all other able bodied Argyllians! This thread over here needs some help and expertise, as our post and view count is lower than a discussion of the new Tastee Freeze in Mount Pleasant and another one about how long they will keep old Bernie in jail started by an alleged Carthagenian. Dean who I believe is from either Navasota or WOS stopped in and tried to stir the pot a bit, but the sounds of crickets put him into a coma! Verve, joie de vivre, esprit de corps, whatever you wanna call it, we gotta get a little of it going on in this 4A Division 1 Championship thread, or Smoaky and his mods are likely going to ban everybody who had anything to do with this! Evidently some of the Gilmerites have stopped even checking in here and are watching this video on Kansas wheat farming over and over again in lieu of comment:

Calling RegalEagle, ADK, AguilaFanatico, Caveman and all other able bodied Argyllians! This thread over here needs some help and expertise, as our post and view count is lower than a discussion of the new Tastee Freeze in Mount Pleasant and another one about how long they will keep old Bernie in jail started by an alleged Carthagenian. Dean who I believe is from either Navasota or WOS stopped in and tried to stir the pot a bit, but the sounds of crickets put him into a coma! Verve, joie de vivre, esprit de corps, whatever you wanna call it, we gotta get a little of it going on in this 4A Division 1 Championship thread, or Smoaky and his mods are likely going to ban everybody who had anything to do with this! Evidently some of the Gilmerites have stopped even checking in here and are watching this video on Kansas wheat farming over and over again in lieu of comment:

I am from the Navasota area and support them. I have only seen a WOS game once against us in 2012 playoffs. I know they swarm and have a lot of speed. I think Gilmer might beat them but I doubt if it will be a blowout. Navasota played Gilmer in the 2012 Championship Game and the final score was 39-3. I bet that is the lowest scoring game for Gilmer in a decade. Both Gilmer and Argyle are great teams and I assure you so is the Navasota Rattlers. When you predict they will be blown out by Argyle that will not happen. Navasota have a crazy good offense that you will witness Friday.

we play at 12 and after we take care of wos I am going to wander over and lin my support to argil and watch them take care of those navasotas.......42-20.......EAGLES

The closest that anyone has come to beating Navasota is 20 points. Argyle has given up 42 to Ranchview, 48 to Kennedale, and 42 to LE. And you think that the Eagles will hold one of the best offenses in 4A to 20 points? Could hapen, but I doubt it.

I am from the Navasota area and support them. I have only seen a WOS game once against us in 2012 playoffs. I know they swarm and have a lot of speed. I think Gilmer might beat them but I doubt if it will be a blowout. Navasota played Gilmer in the 2012 Championship Game and the final score was 39-3. I bet that is the lowest scoring game for Gilmer in a decade. Both Gilmer and Argyle are great teams and I assure you so is the Navasota Rattlers. When you predict they will be blown out by Argyle that will not happen. Navasota have a crazy good offense that you will witness Friday.

Thanks Dean! I was afraid that we may have lost you man! I guess that's why they go and ahead and play these games!

Seasons Greetings to all you Smoaky viewers out there. I just got back from an extended weekend that began with the game on Friday night in Aledo....and what a great ballgame it was!!! Just to be in the stands on either side was a thrilling affair...I kid you not. That game was most certainly "Friday Night Lights" replayed in its entirety. I'm happy to report back here that all is well with the Argyle Eagles. They have climbed the mountain now, and been found deserving to be in this State Championship battle with the highly touted Navasota Rattlers team. More to come later, but for now just know this: When you play Argyle, you're not just playing the players on the field, but all the ingredients that makes this team the final finished product you now see on the field.

To carry that point further, it matters not what happened in Week 4, Week 8, or Week 14 for that matter. All that matters now is this is the final week of the football season and Argyle is still standing UNDEFEATED....not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination with the schedule this team played. The whole season this particular group has been on a learning curve to play Argyle football at its finest, and they did that Friday night against a very PHYSICAL and ATHLETIC bunch in the Graham Steers. Next up is another ATHLETIC and SPEED team....seems like we've seen this movie before, haha.

Seasons Greetings to all you Smoaky viewers out there. I just got back from an extended weekend that began with the game on Friday night in Aledo....and what a great ballgame it was!!! Just to be in the stands on either side was a thrilling affair...I kid you not. That game was most certainly "Friday Night Lights" replayed in its entirety. I'm happy to report back here that all is well with the Argyle Eagles. They have climbed the mountain now, and been found deserving to be in this State Championship battle with the highly touted Navasota Rattlers team. More to come later, but for now just know this: When you play Argyle, you're not just playing the players on the field, but all the ingredients that makes this team the final finished product you now see on the field.

A fine time to be basking in the Bahamas Regal! But better late than never!

Navasota placed three offensive players on the 1st team All State squad. Our QB, national record holder WR and Lineman. Someone other than me thinks our offense is well represented in the State Championship Game.

Any list that puts Daylon Mack on Second String Defense is automatically null and void. That's not the only glaring laugh-out-loud disrespect if not outright exclusion of some players. Waiting for the always accurate Coaches All-State list ...

We all can look at stats and both teams look match up capable on paper. One thing is obvious though. The Rattlers have played some great teams like CH, EC, and Henderson. Put these teams in Argyle's region, then we might be talking about a different football story. I'm not taking nothing away from Argyle but I have watched game film on both teams and just like the Navasota's 2012 team, you have the Navasota's 2014 team that's just as good might be even better. Speed and skill kills and that's what happen to Gilmer in 2012 against the Rattlers and it's going to happen again against Argyle. I tip my hat to Gilmer and the Rattlers this year because the same young men that were freshmen and sophmore's then are now playing in the State Championship in different divisions. I said this when Gilmer vs Navasota in 2012 and I will say it again now, Argyle haven't played a team that has as much talent at Navasota has. If you look at the last few games that the Rattlers have played, they have dominated in the second half. No one has been able to pass on them. Ok you have a run game, that plays out! El Campo had the best running back I've seen in a long time and he was contained enough and Argyle's RB is no Dove, not even close. The Rattlers win this by three or maybe four touchdowns. No one on that Argyles team have a enough speed to contain Navasota, none of the teams that they have faced have been able to. I think Argyle needs to talk to the coaches from the other teams to find a strategy because nothing has worked against the Rattlers yet. Good luck to both teams though and I pray that both teams go into battle healthy and come out healthy!!!

Any list that puts Daylon Mack on Second String Defense is automatically null and void. That's not the only glaring laugh-out-loud disrespect if not outright exclusion of some players. Waiting for the always accurate Coaches All-State list ...

Yep....and if you remember, they didn't even have Ian Sadler make the first team all-state last season either, haha. Those All-State picks are usually arbitrary at best, and maybe even a little politically correct in nature....who knows???

I'm very certain the Navasota Rattlers team this season is as advertised. Believe me, all parties connected with Argyle football are on board with that assessment. The only Argyle horn you'll hear me tooting this week is the fact that a very young and inexperienced Argyle squad got to this game UNDEFEATED, and had to overcome quite a few very athletic, loaded ballclubs to do that. Not only that, but I would NEVER discount Argyle winning this matchup against what is more than likely a more talented Navasota team overall...certainly more experienced and more mature. So y'all go ahead and toot your Rattler horns all you want, no problem....as for me and many other Argyle football followers, we'll be watching this game intently because we know when you play against Argyle, you're not just playing against regular football players. Argyle does not have the most talented or biggest players on the field this season, by a loooong shot. Yet they are here undefeated....what does that tell you, huh? Navasota could well end up being yet another team that ALMOST or SHOULD HAVE won the game, but didn't. That's a real possibility, not a remote one. I won't go into the dynamics of why or who or what or how....let's just say that Navasota better play a mistake-free game if they want to win it.

Four years ago Argyle came into Jerryworld with the best team...hands down. They left Jerryworld as the loser to Wimberley 21-14. You may not be aware, but Argyle QB Austin Aune played with the flu, Ian Sadler tore his knee on the first offensive series, and Chad Bossow fumbled a two-yard plunge out of the endzone on first down for a touchback that should have been a sure TD. Other things also occurred that day that didn't exactly go Argyle's way either, but those were the main ones. Enough said.

Four years ago Argyle came into Jerryworld with the best team...hands down. They left Jerryworld as the loser to Wimberley 21-14. You may not be aware, but Argyle QB Austin Aune played with the flu, Ian Sadler tore his knee on the first offensive series, and Chad Bossow fumbled a two-yard plunge out of the endzone on first down that should have be a sure TD. There were other things that didn't go Argyle's way that day too, but those were the main ones. Enough said.

Excellent points Regal! Your extended R and R did no damage to your posting acumen!

Navasota will be attempting to end Argyle's 32 game winning streak on Friday afternoon at AT&T stadium. Argyle will be attempting to extend it to 33 games, LOL. It is not by sheer coincidence that this winning streak is even still alive. Heck, the last time Argyle lost a game was when Gilmer beat us that year Navasota beat the socks off of them at the Division 2 State Final in 2012. Before that loss, Argyle was undefeated dating back to the Wimberley State Final game. And before that loss, you have to go way back to an early-season loss to Prosper. Arygle's the winningest program in the last 5 years in this classification, which used to be called 3A. Check the records and you'll see that is a true statement. So if you think Navasota will come into this game and make mincemeat outta this year's Argyle Eagles team....you better think again. I'm just saying I don't see a blowout either way here...all I see is a close hard-fought battle for the championship. It should be a great game to watch.

Both teams are great and they will represent 4A Div1 best. Looking forward to watching a classic. I will not say Navasota will destroy Argyle but would be happy with even a 1 point win.

Indeed Dean! Merry Christmas to you and yours and congrats on another great season no matter the outcome! Friday at JerryWorld is going to be quite a day! How sweet it is!

I'm very certain the Navasota Rattlers team this season is as advertised. Believe me, all parties connected with Argyle football are on board with that assessment. The only Argyle horn you'll hear me tooting this week is the fact that a very young and inexperienced Argyle squad got to this game UNDEFEATED, and had to overcome quite a few very athletic, loaded ballclubs to do that. Not only that, but I would NEVER discount Argyle winning this matchup against what is more than likely a more talented Navasota team overall...certainly more experienced and more mature. So y'all go ahead and toot your Rattler horns all you want, no problem....as for me and many other Argyle football followers, we'll be watching this game intently because we know when you play against Argyle, you're not just playing against regular football players. Argyle does not have the most talented or biggest players on the field this season, by a loooong shot. Yet they are here undefeated....what does that tell you, huh? Navasota could well end up being yet another team that ALMOST or SHOULD HAVE won the game, but didn't. That's a real possibility, not a remote one. I won't go into the dynamics of why or who or what or how....let's just say that Navasota better play a mistake-free game if they want to win it.

The quarterback (Eppler) and WR (Dickson) both made 1st team all state and are juniors.