District 22-AA Basketball

SloppyJoe

District 22 2A  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the Bears turn out. Playoffs?

• Timpson goes to the playoffs
    • Bears don't make it

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe could you list who is in the district? I get a little confused.

Sure TrueBlue,

Timpson and Shelbyville ( Believe it or not I would rank them tied for #1 Ranking-wise)

3)Tenaha ( They lost a lot to graduation but they always find a way to rebound)

4)Joaquin (May struggle with height some)

5)Beckville (Doomer says they are A-OK)

6)Martinsville ( Sometimes they have solid clubs)

The only team I haven't seen play in this district is Tenaha and Shelbyville. Tenaha is always pretty good. The top teams I have seen are Martinsville, Beckville, and Joaquin (no particular order). Timpson has athletes, but struggles to score and gets into to foul trouble really easy. Once again I haven't seen Shelbyville or Tenaha.

Timpson will not compete with Shelbyville nor Tenaha. Y'all lost to Gary, which already has 9 losses

Gary's 9 losses have come to all upper-class teams. Remember they are 1A in basketball. They are young and will take their lumps. But, it's a team I would not want to face in the second half of district.

Sure TrueBlue,

Timpson and Shelbyville ( Believe it or not I would rank them tied for #1 Ranking-wise)

3)Tenaha ( They lost a lot to graduation but they always find a way to rebound)

4)Joaquin (May struggle with height some)

5)Beckville (Doomer says they are A-OK)

6)Martinsville ( Sometimes they have solid clubs)

Martinsville will be in the playoff hunt. Made it last year and have a majority of their team back.

Beckville is ok, have Tondreaux inside that is pretty good but doubt they are in the playoff discussion.

Joaquin, haven't seen them but saw them last year and they were...not very good.

Tenaha lost a lot to graduation as had been said, but they still have some kids that are good. They will be in the playoff picture.

Timpson, young and athletic. Be interesting to see if they cant start getting some W's.

Shelbyville, return just about everyone from a good team last year. They should be the favorites.

The only team I haven't seen play in this district is Tenaha and Shelbyville. Tenaha is always pretty good. The top teams I have seen are Martinsville, Beckville, and Joaquin (no particular order). Timpson has athletes, but struggles to score and gets into to foul trouble really easy. Once again I haven't seen Shelbyville or Tenaha.

Shelbyville has the same team as last year. Tenaha has the point gaurd Davison and Post D.Thomas back as far as starters. They have eight kids returning from last year overall. Timpson's just missing Dimric and Brown. Wow if the Pirates are good this could get crazy!

Gary's 9 losses have come to all upper-class teams. Remember they are 1A in basketball. They are young and will take their lumps. But, it's a team I would not want to face in the second half of district.

Gary's losses include:

Broaddus (.500 ball club last year)

2 losses to Beckville (losing record last year)

Carlisle (won 2 games last year)

Latexo (losing record last year)

Zavalla (losing record last year)

West Rusk (losing record last year)

Kennard (losing record last year)

Not quite sure why anybody would be afraid to play them?

Gary's losses include:

Broaddus (.500 ball club last year)

2 losses to Beckville (losing record last year)

Carlisle (won 2 games last year)

Latexo (losing record last year)

Zavalla (losing record last year)

West Rusk (losing record last year)

Kennard (losing record last year)

Not quite sure why anybody would be afraid to play them?

Yep boys struggle but the Gary girls is gonna be better. Got a girl that gets the ball up the floor and two rebounder girls that grew some.

Martinsville will be in the playoff hunt. Made it last year and have a majority of their team back.

Beckville is ok, have Tondreaux inside that is pretty good but doubt they are in the playoff discussion.

Joaquin, haven't seen them but saw them last year and they were...not very good.

Tenaha lost a lot to graduation as had been said, but they still have some kids that are good. They will be in the playoff picture.

Timpson, young and athletic. Be interesting to see if they cant start getting some W's.

Shelbyville, return just about everyone from a good team last year. They should be the favorites.

I agree with you on the top 3. As far as Joaquin, they are under a new coach, and I think he will make a contender out of them. They are talented, but very young. I watched them Tuesday night against Jefferson. They played the better part of the game with 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and a junior and senior rotating in and out. They do lack size, but they move the ball around well. I honestly think we're a year away from being in the playoffs, but I see this bunch being pretty good in the next couple of years. Coach Pliler definitely knows what he's doing.

I agree with you on the top 3. As far as Joaquin, they are under a new coach, and I think he will make a contender out of them. They are talented, but very young. I watched them Tuesday night against Jefferson. They played the better part of the game with 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and a junior and senior rotating in and out. They do lack size, but they move the ball around well. I honestly think we're a year away from being in the playoffs, but I see this bunch being pretty good in the next couple of years. Coach Pliler definitely knows what he's doing.

It will be hard to make a contender out of Joaquin in Basketball....