Anti-Trust Suit Filed Against UFC

RETIREDFAN1

• 2 months later...

UFC clawed it's way up to where it is now and it has become more aggressive than ever. I remember UFC banning its fighter to wear Affliction sportswear when the latter explored MMA promotions. It is more like they are now on the top of the food chain and I hope they will not disregard ethical standards in dealing with the competition..

UFC clawed it's way up to where it is now and it has become more aggressive than ever. I remember UFC banning its fighter to wear Affliction sportswear when the latter explored MMA promotions. It is more like they are now on the top of the food chain and I hope they will not disregard ethical standards in dealing with the competition..

In something like this, you have to be monopolistic.

Boxing had too many hands in the cookie jar and competition grew. Competition grew and there were more and more title given out. That helped cause the downfall of boxing.

What Dana White has done with UFC is incredible. He has brought hand-to-hand combat back to the mainstream. He has done that by creating a brand and squashing competitor along the way.

I don't think UFC is established enough, especially considering the entertainment they are selling, to withstand much competiton.

Well, compared to its competitors, they are doing quite good and their fighters are being branded as the most elite MMA fighters in the world (but I am not sure if this is still applicable after the signing of CM Punk). The MMA scene is still in it's infancy, though.