Austin police chief wants to "vet" gun enthusiasts

trueblue82

Put more ammo than an individual needs for "personal protection" and hunting in the hands of a government hater, and I want them to be watched as closely as anyone else who might do harm to others, white, black, Christian or Muslim. Pretty simple, really, and there isn't an exclusive right to not be because they claim "patriotism"

Ok, so that's ONE of your Constitutional rights you're willing to toss out the window in the name of "the common good." Which others do you want to give up while you're at it? Free speech? Freedom of religion? Being a big protester, I know you'll never give up freedom of assembly, but then, what if BIG BROTHER says it's for the COMMON GOOD?

Put more ammo than an individual needs for "personal protection" and hunting in the hands of a government hater, and I want them to be watched as closely as anyone else who might do harm to others, white, black, Christian or Muslim. Pretty simple, really, and there isn't an exclusive right to not be because they claim "patriotism"

Why are you putting ammo into people's hands, Lar?

Who determines how much is "enough" Larry?

Own all the guns, legally, you want. Stock up on 'em. Got a good friend in the DFW area who owns a gun store, and he has laughed all the way to the bank at the explosion of sales due to obvious, whipped up paranoia and hatred of the government, fear of enemies from a list that varies, according to whim. BUT, post hatred and threats and violence toward others, hiding behind a keyboard or at the Dairy Queen during Happy Hour, and the police should be knocking on your door and looking you over. Deny that?

One minor little difference there, Larry. The guy we're talking about doesn't distinguish between law-abiding gun owners and the DQ internet gurus. So you have them digging into gun owners' lives today. Who's next?

Own all the guns, legally, you want. Stock up on 'em. Got a good friend in the DFW area who owns a gun store, and he has laughed all the way to the bank at the explosion of sales due to obvious, whipped up paranoia and hatred of the government, fear of enemies from a list that varies, according to whim. BUT, post hatred and threats and violence toward others, hiding behind a keyboard or at the Dairy Queen during Happy Hour, and the police should be knocking on your door and looking you over. Deny that?

The problem with what you're saying is the Government under Democratic control believes that even the Tea Party is an extremist organization with proof that shows otherwise. I think that there are both far right and far left leaning organizations that would resort to violence. The problem I've been seeing is that anyone that is even a moderate conservative is seen as a threat to the Communist leaning left.

Could the assassination of the two cops in NY, the bombing at the Boston Marathon, and the Austin shooting could have prevented ? One would think they should have been, but the NSA was too worried about people that pose no threat to the Government, and not concentrating on those that were posting obvious signs that they were going to commit these types of crimes. That's one of the problems that I have with the NSA/PRISM. They're too worried about what we're saying on SDC, than going after the hardcore psychopaths.

To deny basic Constitutional rights to everyone based on a few idiots is not the way to solve the issue. Guns will always be around, regardless of any laws that are passed to prevent lawful responsible citizens from owning them. The way I see it Larry is you'd rather only criminals and psycho's be allowed to own guns. There has to be a balance, and the police are too slow to respond to all criminal activity.

That may be one of your dumbest post ever, and that's saying something.

It has been quite a while since I posted anything on SDC but I would like to ask what everyone thinks about the racial divide issues and violence in Ferguson, MO, NY, and other areas of the U.S. I see this administration and others pushing the racial divide instead of trying to heal it. I can see a dangerous path being laid out where the violence escalates to a level where martial law could be instituted to quell the violence. Far fetched? Definitely. Impossible? Absolutely not. What are the ultimate goals of this administration? I think it is not improbable that Obama wouldn't be opposed to declaring martial law and be a dictator type of leader. What are your opinions (liberals, conservatives, moderates and otherwise)?

It has been quite a while since I posted anything on SDC but I would like to ask what everyone thinks about the racial divide issues and violence in Ferguson, MO, NY, and other areas of the U.S. I see this administration and others pushing the racial divide instead of trying to heal it. I can see a dangerous path being laid out where the violence escalates to a level where martial law could be instituted to quell the violence. Far fetched? Definitely. Impossible? Absolutely not. What are the ultimate goals of this administration? I think it is not improbable that Obama wouldn't be opposed to declaring martial law and be a dictator type of leader. What are your opinions (liberals, conservatives, moderates and otherwise)?

I think Obama, Holder and De Blasio are directly responsible for a lot of the demonstrations and protests that have led to violence and loss of life over the past several weeks. They don't even want to consider the fact that all of these incidents started with someone comitting crimes. To them, that's beside the point and we shouldn't focus on the cause and affect of the incidents. Their first respnse is to jump to conslusions and blame everyone except the criminal that started the incident. This has ben Obama and Holder's standard response since they took office.

I think Obama, Holder and De Blasio are directly responsible for a lot of the demonstrations and protests that have led to violence and loss of life over the past several weeks. They don't even want to consider the fact that all of these incidents started with someone comitting crimes. To them, that's beside the point and we shouldn't focus on the cause and affect of the incidents. Their first respnse is to jump to conslusions and blame everyone except the criminal that started the incident. This has ben Obama and Holder's standard response since they took office.

Not mention Al Sharpton jumping in to foment Anarchy among the masses...

Yes